Farewell Blues

Farewell Blues

A Poem by Jasmine S. Edwards
"

Words that came to mind as I listened to the song, "Farewell Blues" by The Seatbelts (Cowboy Bebop) at 2 in the morning.

"

Farewell blues. I will not be the one who misses you. I will become a strong person. I will not let you win.

Farewell blues, I shall stay, in this blissful dream I’ve, come to make my reality, I love to carry around with me.

And maybe one day, I’ll see the light of a genuine smile that comes from within a heart flowing with red blood and not the blues. I will let those blues become one with the stream that flows with the sky, letting them go, to bring better days, the sun will finally… shine again despite the ugly clouds that seem to creep into my sky overnight.

Farewell blues, I will not miss you, don’t visit soon.

Cause today I break from you and begin to heal these wounds. 

I will let you be the soft rain that brushes across my cheek, but no longer…

will I cry, not today or tomorrow, or ever in my dreams. So that way, I can finally live.

© 2013 Jasmine S. Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like how you gradually shift the text color from blue to green to parallel the title of the poem, eventually ending up at a bright acid green. Effective technique and very representative of the contents of the poem itself

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jasmine S. Edwards

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the review :) I love playing with color in my writings.
color-full view toward repair.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jasmine S. Edwards

10 Years Ago

Thank You :) Color is always a strong symbol

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

438 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 5, 2013
Last Updated on December 27, 2013
Tags: Lyrics, Cowboy Bebop, Anime

Author

Jasmine S. Edwards
Jasmine S. Edwards

Rochester, NY



About
College student who loves to write in my free time :) Always looking for inspiration and a good story to read. I write what comes to my mind or my takes on stories unfinished. My smart phone, a pen a.. more..

Writing