Behind This Fence

Behind This Fence

A Story by Sherwette

From behind this fence, I saw her. She was looking at me. She adored me. I felt her wanting to pamper me to play with me to set me free but the locks were keeping her. I looked to her eyes and as she gazed into mine, she witnessed my hidden secret. A secret that was no different from everybody else's. 

She stared into my soul at which she saw how much loyalty and love I could give. She saw how much I was willing to defend my lover"the same lover that kept me behind this fence, in this prison. I heard her asking me why you would risk yourself for your lover. He only keeps you in this box until when he and only him alone decides to take you for a walk. She asked me why you are sitting here now waiting for the next time you will be set free temporarily and only under your lover’s rules. She asked me why you are putting up with this when you know you are stronger. I stared back at her and told her that this is what I chose. That is what I want. I am happy with it. I know I am. 

Then, I moved away from her. I couldn’t look back into her eyes. Her tender little eyes were full of nothing but sympathy, love and kindness to me. I could tell she loved me from the first sight. I turned away and tried to rest waiting for the next time I will go for a walk. I tried to sleep. I couldn’t. I knew she was still looking at me. I ignored her. I am happy with what I have. That is what I want. This is why I am here. I kept on turning from side to side only to admit that this was not my purpose. I slightly glanced back at her and told her this is not what I want. I never chose this. I was meant for something bigger but I am still here behind this fence"in this prison, at the same cage.

© 2011 Sherwette


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great write! It was a little bit confusing on who you were talking about at each given time. Was the voice of the poem an animal or a human? Was the person who looked into the fence an animal or human? It would make it a much more enjoyable read if you just claified those things. Other than that, it was very good. I like the issues that you brought up. Thank you for writing and entering it into my contest!
~Aurora Lynn, from 'In Too Deep'

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's not intended for the voice or the person who looked into the fence to be classified as human or animal. It is more up to anyone's interpretation. However, I am really glad you brought it up. Thanks! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great write! It was a little bit confusing on who you were talking about at each given time. Was the voice of the poem an animal or a human? Was the person who looked into the fence an animal or human? It would make it a much more enjoyable read if you just claified those things. Other than that, it was very good. I like the issues that you brought up. Thank you for writing and entering it into my contest!
~Aurora Lynn, from 'In Too Deep'

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 6, 2011
Last Updated on May 6, 2011
Tags: Prison

Author

Sherwette
Sherwette

Cairo, Egypt



About
I am a writer writing my own first novel now and always looking for constructive criticism. I will write anything you name it articles, short stories, songs and whatever I feel like expressing to insp.. more..

Writing