Time with Mr. Z

Time with Mr. Z

A Story by Shirlena
"

fiction...kinda

"

I first met this man at a walking trail in the park and even though I saw him with my own eyes, to this day I wonder if he is real. He said his name was Zedekiah and he was quick to offer me his phone number which I never used. Two years later I met him again through a mutual friend who recommended him as a massage therapist who could work out the pain from an injured ankle. The friend ended up giving Zedekiah my number so that we spoke not long after. One day led to a year of talking on the phone but to see his face again would be a thing of the past because our meetings began with me being blind-folded .


We never even mentioned therapy. I was curious, inquiring of his strange request to bind my eyes to which he responded, “It is a game I like to play to see if you could identify me if you never saw me again.” I pressed him further asking him once and finally “Why”? He told me it would be of little consequence to reveal that information right now. Though I felt a bit hesitant the game sounded intriguing so I played along, spending time in his presence where we laughed like old friends with out my ever seeing him. After our meetings would end Zedekiah would call me once he got home telling me of exotic experiences in the Congo and a Gorilla named Coco with big soulful eye and deep coffee fur who was partial to human women.


He related that Cocoa charmed them like a flesh man coaxing his female guardians to allow him fast food and sugary cakes as a treat when he was good. He talked about his enchanted childhood and new beginnings when introduced to the United States almost nine years ago, One beautiful, sunny evening after work I received a phone call, unexpected and out of the blue. The unfamiliar gentlemen's voice greeted me explaining, he was one of Zedekiah’s closest confidants and he was to give me a message for him, apologizing for the fact that Z couldn’t do it himself.


He said, “Z wants you to know he loves you and thank you for being there for him when he needed a friend. Although, at this moment he doesn’t know exactly the next time he will be able to talk you, he will try to reach you as soon as possible but in mean-time please remember him.” I semi-consciously, told the man thank you, slowly removing the phone from my ear. The words, “remember him?” came from my lips like the steam from a tea kettle as I stared out of the sliding doors of the living room. That phone call was four years ago. I have committed to memory his face.

© 2014 Shirlena


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You had me hooked from the very first line which doesn't happen so often considering this is a prose. I like the unfolding of events and the way the characters seem personal and realistic. I am curious and intrigued, really, to know this mysterious "Z" and I think you should continue this story and send me an RR because I don't like being left hanging. ;) Good storytelling, Shirlena!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Shirlena

10 Years Ago

LOL...I'm sorry I wish I had more for you but maybe in the near future I'll see what I can embellish.. read more
So mysterious, he was. Gave me the feeling of an impending reunion between you two, don't forget him, he's coming back.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Shirlena

10 Years Ago

No, no he won't be but I appreciated your optimism and for reading this piece. It is very close to m.. read more
Every line had me hooked. I loved the characters. They were familiarvand well expressed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Shirlena

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading and even more so for enjoying x.
the story is really great hey, i enjoyed it very much though the length left me wanting more, maybe if it had been a bit longer hey, its a very lovely story and a unique idea too. well written dear :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Shirlena

10 Years Ago

Thank you and I'll be getting around to reading everyone else's work soon...can't wait ;). Ya'll giv.. read more
cycy

10 Years Ago

same goes for me hey, other writers inspire me so much but of late ive been so busy with school i ca.. read more
Shirlena

10 Years Ago

My time is short too at times.
Wow. I am really impressed. I got really into this. Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Shirlena

10 Years Ago

Thank you Erik. I'm working on trying to get some reading of every ones work in this weekend.
This is so interesting Shirlena .I am intrigued ,you have written a story that had me caught up till the very end and wanting more.Great write my friend :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

You are welcome Shirlena .Reading your poems is pure magic
Shirlena

10 Years Ago

Aww you're sweet Vidya thanks back at you :)...really.
Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

You are welcome again lol
Hmmmmm this is one interesting read and looking forward to read more.....

Posted 10 Years Ago


Shirlena

10 Years Ago

Thanks A. I'm anxious for the chance to get to return the favor. I love reading the work more than g.. read more
A. Amos

10 Years Ago

I love to read others as well as I want to educate myself and reading others I truly enjoyed...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 20, 2014
Last Updated on February 20, 2014
Tags: discreet, love

Author

Shirlena
Shirlena

About
I be lovin poetry and it be chosen to read Wanna get something across. I'll review you only...if you review me the soulest sistah is the soulest I mean... she gather's the best from grand lo.. more..

Writing
a sasquatch a sasquatch

A Poem by Shirlena



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..