THE ZODIAC WHEEL- Part I

THE ZODIAC WHEEL- Part I

A Chapter by Shivam Murari
"

A crime thriller

"
In life, we often cross paths with our alter egos. More often than not, we hate them to the core. For, we profoundly criticize those qualities in others that we secretly hate about ourselves.

Aman was a diligent hardworking scientist. Was. Now his wrecked body was lying on the desk where, earlier, his towering files of completed work had stood. His files, all on the ground. The optical tube of his telescope, with which his head had been smashed, was half outside the window, all bloodied up. The eyepiece had been broken and punched into his chest. Papers from his files appeared to have been deliberately spread up in the cabin suggesting pre-murder struggle and a tensed look of a murder scene.

While the forensic department scanned the area, the inspector talked with a mourning Shibu. A thin, curly haired, tall man with sharp eyes, Shibu was a very close friend of Aman. Private detective by profession, Shibu was the first person to be informed about the murder when Aman’s research assistant arrived at 7 am that morning.

“Small talk aside, inspector, I really wish if I could contribute to the investigation of this case”, Shibu said, visibly tired of the inspector’s words penetrating his private life.
“As comfortably easy as that sounds, Shibu, neither the family nor the company has approached you for investigation.” Inspector Palla stopped to let out a burp. “The case, as of now, will be handled by the police.”
“I’m sure that Nilisha will ask me to handle the case as soon as she gets the time to.” Shibu said patiently.
“As of now, we’d appreciate any leads you may have to offer and as much distance as you can maintain from the crime scene.” Inspector Palla walked away letting out another burp with painful expressions.

Prevented from entering the crime scene, Shibu went to the office of the president of Indian Science Research Corporation (ISRC). The label read Varun Agrawal. Shibu smiled, reminiscent of Agrawal-Agarwal jokes he used to make about Aman and Varun in college.

His hand automatically reached out for the doorknob, but then he retracted and knocked the door. Varun was now the president of an MNC, he thought. A soft voice from inside was followed by Varun’s secretary smiling and unlocking the door from outside and leading Shibu in. Varun and Nilisha were seated on opposite sides of his desk


CONTINUE READING THIS INTERESTING, EDGE-OF-THE-SEAT THRILLER ON MY BLOG, just a click away...

http://shivammurarispoetry.blogspot.in/2016/06/the-zodiac-wheel-part-i_24.html

See you there...


© 2016 Shivam Murari


Author's Note

Shivam Murari
Please share my blog post and support. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting, I shall pay a visit...you have my interest :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


An intresting write that will attract readers !

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

307 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 4, 2016
Last Updated on July 4, 2016


Author

Shivam Murari
Shivam Murari

India



About
Shivam Murari is a student, currently aspiring to get into a good college. He loves to write poems, loads of them. He usually gets very random ideas, which he thinks are pretty cool, and in the proces.. more..

Writing