Stage 05

Stage 05

A Chapter by kpie

In the end he'd had to contact Astra. It was against his better judgement, against his mental judgement and probably the worst thing he'd ever had to do concerning that girl. She'd broken into tears instantly, her wails still echoing in his ear drums despite having hung up his cellular nearly ten minute ago. In the end, what burdened his heart more than the young woman's tears had been her words and her complete blind faith in him even after all these years. She'd begged, pleaded, and spoken with complete resolve when she'd stated: 'Leo, please don't blame yourself. Please, I know you can bring him home; everything will be okay. He will be okay … right?' The now 30 year old ex-summoner had spoken no more, unable to control her already quiet and delicate voice with the sobs seething her form.


He'd hung up, telling her to look after herself and the twins, before he'd closed his eyes and folded his arms to allow his head to fall into them. Why, out of all the people in this damned world did those two kids have to suffer so? They had been innocent, and thrown into a world where their kind were extinct and they had no choice but to call on the servants of the Goddess and fight. They'd had to fight or be killed, fight or lose hope, fight or become puppets. Hadn't they earned their peace and happiness? In the end, he'd been unable to take the burden from their shoulders again … he'd been unable to protect the two he viewed as younger sibling. In the end, he'd failed and everything they'd lost was in vain.


Leon slammed his fist into the table at which he'd been sitting, causing the wood to creak before finally shattering and falling to rest around his feet. Brown eyes harsh he lifted his right hand and drug it through his messy locks " Cael would be on him to cut it soon, it was starting to grow out again. The noise seemed to have brought Kaiyo from the next room for she poked her head from the back of the small home, her large eyes filled with concern. She'd left him alone when he'd contacted Astra but she knew this had been coming. He was doing it again, trying to do everything by himself and taking blame for things he had no control over. Why in the hell was that idiot brother of hers so hard headed?


"Hey, Leo …" The young maiden's voice was but a whisper carrying with it comfort, or at least an attempt at such. "You're as bad as Papa with this whole world on your shoulders thing. Didn't she used to scold you severely when you acted like this?" The 22 year old knew she would hit a nerve, but she prayed it was one that would knock some sense into the seething brute. When the brown gaze turned she shuddered at what she found in their depths; the guilt that was circling them was enough to cause the black headed princess to swallow her words and rush forward to embrace her brother tightly. "Hey."


Leon allowed himself to be nestled into his sister's stomach, allowed her arms to cradle his aching head tightly and the familiar scent of water lilies to fill his senses. She'd done this since she was a small child, even as far back as a mere month after meeting him. He had gone with Cael into the mountains of Akeno when they'd first visited she and her Mother; Cael hadn't known the small girl existed and the lot of them were exposed to his rage and shock when he'd found out. They returned after the old lizard trained him, before they'd been planning to launch a full scale attack with the rebel group ASH and he'd nearly collapsed on the floor as soon as they'd entered the castle. Kaiyo had called out him, even calling him big brother then, and ran forward in a worried panic to cradle his head in the same way. "She did."


The pitiful tenor that carried the words caused her golden eyes to grow and her breath to catch in her throat. How long had it been since she'd heard her brother sound so empty? Kai stood in silence, simply passing her hand over the older man's head delicately. It was as if she were comforting a wounded stray dog; as if such a blow as had been dealt this night was the breaking point of his will to move forward. She didn't know what to say that wouldn't cause the weight he was inflicting upon himself to grow, and it caused her heart to ache. "You'll make Big Sis cry acting like this when she can't scold you." Her words were soft and a tear escaped the dams that had been welling within her slits. "I bet it rains later."


"You're probably right." Forcing a laugh the 28 year old stood, pulling away from his sibling's embrace before ruffling her hair gently. He couldn't linger on this subject any longer or he'd lose his mind completely. "How's Osmond doing? Did he stabilize?"


Kaiyo's attention had been drawn back to the room, brow furrowing as she thought over the situation. "He has for now, but he lost a lot of blood and that injury to his knee worries me … He may not …" She'd been silenced by a heavy hand atop her head which drew her attention upwards, "Big Brother?"


"Let's not talk about his knee, alright?"


Leo sighed as he headed forward into the room; that guy had a strange temperament as it was so something like that would probably send him completely over the edge to insanity. The brunette paused, looking up to watch the man that had taken over his bed in silence. Osmond was looking out the window, grey eyes barely open as they seemed to count the stars out of boredom. "You lucid?" Seeing the blacksmith's head nod curtly he wandered forward to take a place across the room. Sinking into a worn wooden chair beside the window Leon lifted a brow, "You're in unusually high spirits."


Oz quirked a brow as well before taking in a ragged breath, "I didn't die so I'll heal up. As long as you don't die that's all there is to it, right?" Not that he had the superior healing abilities as the other man in the room, much less did he have the magical properties that the young woman in the next room over possessed. But … well he wasn't exactly a weak man, nor was he one to kick the bucket from such as this. He'd had worse, and probably would have such injuries or more again. There wasn't any use in him complaining or sulking over his current state. "How did the little lady take the news of her husband?"


Astra had met Osmond before, and like all women he'd hit on her without as much as a word rising from Zane. Then again the man hadn't been in his right mind … Leon chuckled darkly, "As well as she could."


"I'm honestly surprised you didn't gut him. I know the kid has ties to you but …" Grey eyes nervous about the topic he allowed the words to fall off as his gaze turned to the bartender. He'd heard many things about this man sitting across from him, and in all of them he'd heard of his rage for the witch. In all the stories that circled Jelena, never had he heard of this man allowing an enemy to escape him alive. "How long you think it will take her to get it back up? Couple months?" He'd change the topic.


"I don't know if killing Zane would have killed her honestly … that was the only real thing that stopped me." Leon shuddered, the words truthful; he had indeed made a promise to Astra … but if he'd known it would stop that woman from manifesting for good he'd have ended Zane on the spot. "Believe it or not I didn't kill others for sport, or without thinking through the end result. He could have been another pointless death in this whole damn mess and I wasn't willing to chance that …" That was a partial truth, for back then when he'd snap and go on a rampage he cared not for who or what he ripped apart.


Vincent had stopped him several times by filling him full of tranquilizers, and Sara had gotten hurt from jumping out and trying to calm him down without harming him. Despite the unease that sat within him about the final experimentation that had been done to him, when he'd been kidnapped and taken to that facility. To the very facility where Sara drew her last breath, and Cael nearly burned an entire city to the ground upon encountering his traitor brother Aldrich. When that woman had turned him into a complete demon, and infused her own blood and essence into his DNA … he'd stabilized. He no longer got to a point he couldn't control and snapped. Despite all of it, for that one thing he was thankful.


"I haven't any idea. Realistically one could say she's been gathering power since the day she was sealed fifteen years ago … she's not back at full yet, I can tell you that, but I'd say she's around 45% or so?" He couldn't gauge her accurately without actually fighting her, and Zane's state got in the way. Then again if she was using him as a vessel maybe his state was actually relevant. "At this rate, if that's the case … five years maybe? Her manifestation will start to increase now that she's fully lucid in the kid."


Osmond groaned, "Fine mess you've drug me into, Dwyer."


Leon snorted, "I wasn't planning on it, stinky."


Osmond nearly choked: no, not him too! Grey eyes growing agitated he hissed out, "What is with your damn family telling me I smell?!" He'd been ready to continue on the verbal rampage when the door of the room shifted and a pair of golden eyes peered round as if sizing the two up like a hungry lion. Oz's eyes widened and he swallowed his words as the massive presence entered the room, "Back finally?"


Leon likewise looked up, his eyes suddenly hopeful as they spotted the familiar Irishman. "Cael, it's about f*****g time! What in the hell took you so long down there anyway?!"Cael lifted a brow, a smug smirk drawing over his lips as he seemed to think over the happenings of the past few weeks. This, Leon noticed and shocked him to his core … something about that old fart seemed back to normal. His presence seemed to burn as hot as it did years ago, before it started to diminish and he fell into a minor depression. "Oi … what did you find down there that's put you in such a mood?"


"Tch, he really hasn't gotten any more respect for his elders. Looks like I'll have to beat some into him."

At the voice Leon froze, brown eyes going wide as the blood slipped from his face. He found himself staggering upwards so quickly he knocked his chair over before he stumbled across the room. The man paused, reaching out with a shaking hand to latch onto the redhead's shoulder. Why? Why was that damn lizard smirking so contently? Shoving the ancient lightly he found something short of a miracle. Unimpressed blue eyes, and a soured expression accompanying a set of crossed arms. "Pops … ?"


The sound of his voice seemed to draw the man from his agitation instantly, and it was something the 28 year old barely recognized. His own voice, it sounded on the brink of tears and completely alien to him. He felt as if a puzzle piece had shifted and clicked into place somewhere deep in his being; it was like a weight had been lifted momentarily and he'd been given a present wrapped in sarcastic ribbon.


Vincent seemed to answer to this by reaching out and knocking him over the head, "Yo Leon!" When the blonde noted the response from his actions his features took on a worried demeanor. He settled with leaving his hand atop the man's head comfortingly before beaming a tender smile, "I'm back."


"F*****g hell." Without another word Leon had shamelessly pulled the man that raised him into an embrace and leaned forward to rest his forehead against his shoulder. He, much like Cael, was built sturdier and a bit taller than the blonde that had been at the center of their worlds for so long. Hearing the older man sigh he shuddered, forcing the wave of tears threatening him down and out of his being. He wouldn't cry, or allow any of these idiots to see him do so … "What kind of bullshit is this?"


Vincent laughed, patting his son's head softly before allowing a contented sigh to escape. "Much harsher a reaction than Kai as expected … but still." My … his boy had grown up on him, hadn't he? His blue eyes closed, voice falling to a soft whisper, "I've been watching you kiddo. You've made me so proud these past few years especially."


Oh god he couldn't stand this sentimental crap. "Hey, I'm still here. If you want to have a family reunion take it outside so I don't have to watch, eh?" Osmond broke in, grey eyes unamused as they'd gained the attention of the drake standing by. Cael looked him over without much interest which seemed to agitate the 23 year old even more, "You really have a bad attitude guy …"


Both Vincent and Leon seemed to jerk their attention towards the ancient in the room, watching him as if expecting him to leap from his spot and snatch the blacksmith's head off. True enough the fire beast had taken on a dark edge to his demeanor, golden eyes set in soulless slits as he searched the resting man's features. Cael spoke finally, his voice a threatening void, "Dare spew such incompetence again and I'll disassemble the very stardust that made you boy." The mood in the room changed completely.


Osmond had swallowed harshly and rethought his words for a moment; the malice that rolled from the Irishman was like ocean waves in a tsunami and were enough to silence him completely. F**k, he'd known this guy was spooky but this was just … it felt like he was peeling at his soul with his gaze alone. The black head returned his attention to the window, trying to think of anything more to say to change the now stagnant mood in the room. Cael seemed pleased for a smug smirk curled at his lips and he returned his attention to his small family, "Leo … we need to speak without you about something."


"Have to do with Elaina?" Leon had regained his composure and settled into his place between the two older men with crossed arms. Jeez, he really was getting too damn old for this saving the world s**t. "Found out why Zane's been bat s**t. She's been feeding off of him the past fifteen years: she let us know she was back with a bang tonight and skewered him like a kabob." He'd nodded towards Osmond and ignored the man's wounded pride that was evident upon his face. "So, anything new?"


"Aside from me being the new Thanny and Cael here being back in the ole game of right hand man mode, nope!" Vincent chimed in, his eyes bright and a cheerful smile tugging at his features. He always had been the sunshine when these two got so gloom and doom. Cael huffed, rolling his eyes at the thought, "I haven't told that mongrel yes to anything yet … but as it stands unless I agree to such service again my hands will be tied and I'll be unable to do anything in the current situation."


"Lost me. Completely lost me." Leon sighed; his whole f*****g family needed a break from this.


Cael seemed to take it upon himself to explain for he grunted and cross the room to the spot beside the window. After righting the fallen chair he took a seat atop it and folded his arms, eyes drawn to the partially snoozing blacksmith of which he'd never met. "It seems you're a part of this now as well, you may want to perk up and listen." His words caused the black head to open an eye in an attempt at interest as the door opened once more and allowed Kaiyo to enter carrying a tray of drinks.


"Tea for Vinny." She smiled brightly, placing the warm cup in her blonde Father's hand with a mild skip in her step. "Whiskey for stinky." Ignoring the hiss that she'd drawn from Osmond she placed a glass filled with amber liquid within his waiting hand and turned on her heel. "Whiskey for Papa." Cael took the drink, suddenly intrigued by the wounded man; he had good taste in drink it seemed. And finally Kai turned and held out a cup of steaming coffee to her brother, eyes alight with a renewed energy that he seemed to pick up on instantly. "Coffee for Big Brother."


Leon took it without a word as she placed the tray down and grabbed her own hot tea within her hands. Kaiyo joined her sibling in his stance beside Vincent, taking up their father's other side as if they were keeping guard over him. "Okay, Papa!" She winked before silencing herself to listen intently.


"Vincent has taken over Thanatos' position at the place in the depths of the world; he's handling death, judgement, ferrying, and punishment. If you die you'll be seeing him instead of that man's horrifying visage, which I must admit is a bit of an improvement." Cael took the time to sip his drink before clearing his throat and allowing the familiar burn to fade. "Thanatos has taken over his late sister's duties and realm; he's seeing over all the workings of the universe and seeing to it that they spin. He seemed to have caught wind of that woman scraping at her cell a few years back, but thought nothing of it."


"We thought the walls would hold … the Goddess infused her life force into them after all." The sniper spoke up, watching the lemon in his black tea dance about, "I never thought this would happen."


"You are not to blame, but that lousy excuse for a God is. He should have spoken with me sooner on the matter." Cael spat and allowed the distaste for the man in question to shine through; out of all the creators in this cosmos he despised that one the most. Taking a moment to regain his thoughts the ancient closed his eyes, "He's asking me to act as his right hand, as I did for his sister … but on a much wider scale. I'm not into making deals with that waste of space so we're at an impasse." Cael allowed an exasperated breath to escape, golden eyes weary from the travel here and the mere thought of serving that man as he had Avyanna.


"He stated that somehow Elaina was manifesting herself in the material world of human kind and based on your statements about Zane it seems that we've uncovered our how. There is smoke rising in the East from the old facilities and the Underground is abuzz of a new coming … a rebirth of the Goddess or so they say. Seems like her goal remains the same, toss in a wee bit of revenge; meaning she'll be gunning for you again, brat. Aside from that we're in the dark on many of the details of this entire operation." Cael finished, eyes falling to pour through the emotions that were skipping across his son's face. In ways he wanted to express an apology yet found it to be a useless thing to do; he had no control of this situation at all.


"What your Father's trying to say is that we don't know much more about Elaina than you do. In fact, I would say you know far more than I about her goals based on what little you told us, Leo." Vincent looked over, eyeing his son curiously. He wondered if he was up for such a task again. "It looks like we're faced with handling a chaotic situation again, kids. I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to sit this one out." He ended on a chipper note, sipping his tea as if giving the two the facade of a choice made everything better. He knew Leon couldn't sit this out, hell she'd probably coming searching his doorstep again. That meant he couldn't stay here, especially with Zane knowing of this place ...


Leon rubbed his eyes, his head throbbing as if his skull would burst. "Here we go again … it's like a damn carnival ride I can't escape. I think I get off and then find out I've just been passed out." He felt nauseous at the idea of that woman hunting for him again, coming into this town and burning it to the ground as she had before. Kaiyo seemed to perk up finally, as if she'd been taking the information in to process and had ultimately reached a conclusion. "Papa ... where in the East are the dens beginning?" Her golden eyes had captured the older, much wiser, pair of shining orbs; she was concerned for Akeno ... for her entire country at this rate.


The old drake seemed to nod, as if acknowledging her fears before he spoke, "The two of us will be leaving shortly. They're starting to pop up in Ossan and out near the mountains of Koumo. As of now there have been no reports of anything suspicious ... but there's talk down in the depths. They're moving albeit slowly across our continent, and I am certain there will be more movement as time passes." Kaiyo nodded, satisfied with the answer of their departure and found herself pondering over something once more. "Why are they starting in the East this time ... I don't understand."


"She's planning to make it seem as if she's Avyanna reborn ... it would make sense for her to come from the direction the sun rises." Osmond was the one to speak, his eyes never leaving the window and the countless stars littering the sky. He was no scholar, but he wasn't a dimwit; he could figure things such as that out quickly enough. This alone had drawn Cael's attention and caused the man to pique a brow; he was becoming mildly interested in this blacksmith for he'd thought him a fool and it was far too rare for him to be proven wrong. Kaiyo equally had stared down the man, partially awed at the revelation but predominantly annoyed that she hadn't seen it. Taking a breath she narrowed her gaze, puffing out her cheeks in anger before she let lose on the male. "Stop acting so cool you oil covered ingot."


Osmond snorted, "Try harder than that to insult me woman." His eyes had changed directions, narrowing into thin slits as if he were mocking the young girl. It appeared that he'd transformed from the shy, silent, man that he'd been into one which teased and toyed with her. Over the past two weeks he'd found he enjoyed making her angry, and seeing her snap at him with a fire sparking in her eyes. Her reaction to his provocation was far different than any other female he'd encountered in his life thus far; most simply ignored him or avoided him when he got nasty. She got mad, and made it a point to correct him frequently. Besides ... It was far better than the damn woman crying.


"I should just rip your head off!" She'd already crossed the room and placed her tea on the bedside table harshly. Of all the things he could call her, he always had to go with that damn word! It was rude! "Mark my words as soon as you heal up I'm going to smash you into the earth again to teach you some manners!" Kaiyo had leaned forward, her face red with anger and her hands at her hips to widen her presence. Oz simply watched, smirking contently when she'd towered over him as if trying to increase the threat in her words. He motioned lightly, clearly over his initial fright of the girl, for her to come a bit closer. "Sorry, could you repeat what you'd said. I spaced out."


"Papa can I kill him?! Please?!" Kaiyo looked up with pleading eyes, missing the more silent Osmond that had vanished by the end of their first week patrolling together. He'd become so patronizing! Cael shook his head in response, sipping his drink as if ready to scold the girl should she attempt such a thing. The black headed maiden whined, reaching out to grab her wounded companion's collar abruptly; she hovered over him like a plague and leaned in close enough to bite his nose should he say anything more to agitate her. "Hurry up and get better so I can hammer you into the ground, stinky. Got it this time!?"


Osmond chuckled before thinking over something a moment and seemingly deciding to go through with whatever plan he'd devised a few moments before. He leaned forward and placed a soft, playful, kiss on the cheek of the 22 year old that had invaded his space, "I look forward to any hammering you'd like to give me, woman."


Her blood ran cold and her face turned from the light pink of agitation it had been to the color of a cherry tomato; he'd twisted her words and now of all things to have populated into her mind! She couldn't get it out! The sound of a glass shattering caused Kaiyo to lift her head, hands holding her burning cheeks in embarrassment from the liquid golds that had locked onto not only herself but Osmond. They burned! She felt a shiver of terror course through her spine and felt her knees go weak. "Papa ..." The sound of porcelain being shattered seemed to draw her attention away from the furious gaze and to the set of browns boring into the back of her skull. Oh no ... Leon too?!


"I thought I told you to watch her, boy?" Cael's tone was venom, his words directed to his son yet his eyes never left the smug male that watched him with amused grey eyes. He would burn this ant until he was charcoal. He would further maim him so he would never walk again. He would bring down the very sun itself to smite this snarky son of a b***h! Leon hissed out, fury as clear in his words as those of the fire drake, "I did. I warned the b*****d and he said he wouldn't even breath on her." Both men had already stood up, shoulders arched and fist clenched as if they were planning to take him down in sync. As if asking him why he dared such a felony.

"I said I wouldn't breathe on her. The word even was never in my promise, and as you can see I haven't breached it. A kiss is not a puff of carbon dioxide escaping my body."


"Kai, your Papa please!" Vincent had spoken sharply, already locking Leon's arms with his own behind his head as the brute had moved towards the bed. Kaiyo whimpered before throwing herself at her Father and jumping to latch her arms around his neck. Cael didn't seem phased for he continued forward, a large shadow slowly manifesting behind him the closer he inched. He'd eat him while she was hugging him, he could care not! His daughter seemed to pick up on this for she whined in frustration, "Papa! We don't have time for this, we have to go back home! What if something happens while you're wasting time on some blacksmith from nowhere?!"


She did more that pause the advancing drake but had likewise caused the man she'd been referencing to wince as if the words themselves were knives. Cael watched the boy with interest, his golden orbs changing from rage to an almost pitying glow. "You have a point. I'd rather not waste my strength on a maggot your brother could clean up for me." His words were vile, empty, and seemingly attempting to play on the Achilles heel his daughter had uncovered. "After all what threat could a poor smith who can't even hold his own against a boy half his strength pose to the likes of me?" He'd appeared to hit a nerve for Oz grit his teeth, and drew his brows together into a dark line; his eyes had grown empty and a look of distaste had taken over his set jaw. Cael simply chuckled and curled his arm around his daughter's torso; he hefted her onto his shoulder and turned on his heel to head for the front door. "Try again when you're more than a stain upon my boot, boy." He then turned to Leon and hissed expectantly, "Deal with it."


Without another word the drake started walking out of the room, leaving a still rather embarrassed Kaiyo to stare Oz down as they departed.


"Well that was a bit harsh of him ... " Vincent sighed, looking back over his shoulder as he watched his husband depart. Not even a good-bye then? He'd torture that man later, as soon as he stepped foot into his domain. Icy gaze returning to his son he smiled, "I have to be off soon as well."


Leon had been eyeing the wounded smithie when his father's words penetrated his confusion and caused his attention to change. "Already?" He was genuinely surprised for he'd thought the man capable of staying a while, especially with his position. It was going to be like old times then, when he was growing up and Vincent was away more working with ASH than he was at home. ... Only this time Cael wasn't here in the bar for him to pester and now, even Zane was long gone and not giving this place a second thought. "When will you be back?"


The blonde seemed to pick up on the 28 year old's distress for he smiled softly and reached out to pat him on the shoulder, "I'm only allowed one 24 hour period in this realm a year and this particular pop in was a special circumstance. I'll be back in six months or so for my visit, as it's been a while since I last popped my head up here."


Leon waited a moment, taking the words in before drawing his brows into a characteristic line of concern, "Then where have you been going the past ten years?"


At this Vincent felt his heart fall and his breath catch in his throat; this had been the question he'd been wanting to avoid his son asking. The same question he'd been asked by Cael with a similar expression that pulled at his heartstrings and caused guilt to set into his soul. Forcing a chipper smile the old sniper gave the man a sharp slap on the back, "I've been working naturally. I had to do a favor for someone until recently so I'd pop up here on the days I could to do such. I'd been planning on Cael coming down to see me quite a bit sooner but ... well you all took a lot longer to miss me than I'd thought." He laughed, knowing this to be untrue for he'd watched them all every day. He'd seen how pitiful not only the redhead that had cradled him so delicately upon first seeing him again, but how the man here at his side had been. Leon had wandered around as if there weren't much life left within him for quite some time.


"If we hadn't missed you I wouldn't have asked where you were, idiot." Smirking Leon returned the harsh clap on the back of his mentor and laughed lightly.


Such an action caused the blonde to stare in disbelief ... his boy had grown up. He was going to be lonely no doubt, but he could still muster up such a thing as laughter? Maybe that woman had knocked a bit of life into him after all; Vincent smiled at the thought. "Fair enough, Leon." Yawning lightly he reached towards the heavens to stretch before glancing back to Oz, "I'll leave him to you then." Ruffling his son's hair lightly he smiled before heading after the forgotten footsteps of Cael for the door, "Be good. I'll be back soon!"


Jeez, just like old times. "Yeah, yeah!" He waved the man off with a heavy sigh, his smile that had been pressed into his lips falling finally as the weight of the empty home started to dig into him. It wasn't that bad when he was in the bar, for it was easy to stay busy and keep his mind from doing much wandering. It took him a year or so after he'd taken the place over, after Cael had rebuilt the thing and given it to him as a present. It brought all kinds of people from this place and for months he wondered why there were there, why they came to this place and stayed. He wondered why they just didn't go home. He'd been bitter at all the people surrounding him, laughing and hanging over women as if they hadn't a care in the world; as if nothing had changed in the past few years and as if those lost in all the blood shed were dreams he'd created. Their worlds hadn't been distorted, or so he'd thought as he'd watched so many people come in and out of his bar.


That's when he understood something that woman had been trying to teach him. When he understood how to look out of the scope of his own world. Perspective.


Leon looked over to Osmond with concern and lifted his hand to run it through his head sheepishly. He was never good at this crap. "You still breathing over there?"


The room remained silent for a moment, as if the smith were processing all that had happened in the past hour. His lips were set in a thin line and his eyes glaring into the night sky through the window as if he were praying for hell fire to reign down upon the fire lord that had departed. His grey eyes shifted, meeting the brown that were watching him with mild concern; he seemed to have set his mind to something as a determined look came about his features and he cleared his throat. "Dwyer." The usual coy tone had all but vanished and been replaced by that of resolve; his words were tugging at the other man in the room as if trying to prove something to him. "If you'll accept it I'll watch your back in this mess. Otherwise go ahead and throw me out the damn front door because I won't have any of your f*****g pity."


As if nodding to accept the offer Leon laughed lightly and turned to aim himself for the kitchen. He needed a drink. "Sorry for the trouble but I'll rely on you some more."


With time I've come to understand something very important.
Something that took me longer than it should have in all honesty.


The regulars at this bar, they aren't lost; they're home.


They're wasting away and falling apart with their drink and their words.

With their harsh personalities and their sexual desires.


They're just like I am, as I sit here, happily killing myself with the memory of you.



© 2016 kpie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on February 24, 2016
Last Updated on March 10, 2016
Tags: fiction, fantasy, action, adventure, romance, lgbt, novel, book, friendship, family


Author

kpie
kpie

SC



About
Well, now I am grown And these days have shown Rain's a part, of how life goes But it's dark and it's late So I'll hold you and wait 'til your frightened eyes do close ; k . p i e :23 years; .. more..

Writing
Stage 01 Stage 01

A Chapter by kpie


Stage 02 Stage 02

A Chapter by kpie


Stage 03 Stage 03

A Chapter by kpie