As Reliable as Coal

As Reliable as Coal

A Chapter by kpie

"Kai where is your Papa?" The blonde had found himself perched in a tree, icy eyes watching the familiar castle as if it were a bad taste in his mouth. It was a strange feeling returning to these halls for they held so many memories; ones that tore at his heart and made it fly. This was where he'd been brought by sea after his life was saved in the muck of the city, and where he'd ran from the castle that lay on the hill - the very one he was watching with a piqued interest - and ended up stealing away a fire filled treasure from the woman who reigned. This was the castle that they'd returned to, and he'd still not been forgive by the Queen ... this was also the place that was bathed in blood and where he'd gained his daughter. The place he'd promised a dying woman to watch over them, to protect them in her stead as the life faded from her eyes and he felt the waters wash over him.

She'd forgiven him. She'd forgiven Cael. And she'd blessed them with such a beautiful little girl that embodied that forgiveness.

Vincent sighed when the young woman on the other end of his cell spoke, almost exasperated from his sudden call. The sniper found himself watching the uppermost tower, icy eyes taking on a look of nostalgia; they were doing well Yuki. "Honestly that man; he knows we're to meet in three days and he still has yet to come from the damn hills." Hearing his daughter laugh lightly he nodded in response to the words she'd spoken. She had a point; all he had to do was spread his wings and the flight over the massive continent that lay between this island and that one would take little time. The next words that hit his ear caused his heart to clench and guilt to wash over him. Of course she would ask such a thing, and of course she would point out that boy's feelings about the matter. He'd be angry. "Something came up and I had to come early, it can't be helped. I'll write him a letter explaining and give it to your Papa to deliver." In the end he hadn't seen his son since he'd helped he and Osmond escape Jelena undetected, when he'd come top side six months after their first meeting in his current position.

After that there were many things that happened and kept the two brats on the move, not to mention that had kept himself and Cael busy alike. In the past three years many of the old facilities that had been abandoned after Moon Crush had kicked back into high gear. Children were vanishing in the night again and the pits were forming in the deepest parts of the underground cities.

Yet those fools still saw fit to view that woman as a God.

"Kai, I love you very much. I'll see you soon, okay? And don't torment your brother!" He didn't have time to step into the castle for his time was running out and he had much to do before he returned to his haven. Despite knowing this the tearful voice on the other end pulled at his heart, and made the blonde swallow a lump that had grown in his throat. Even such a life as this, where he could come see them once a year, was still this hard on them? Honestly, what was he going to do with these children of his? "Bye bye." Without being able to stand much more of the whimpers the God closed his device and placed it in a pocket within his coat.

The blonde waited a moment, as if expecting something to appear from the castle before him. He waited nearly ten minutes before finally standing upon his branch and taking a breath: he still had not gotten used to this whole inter-dimensional travel. It was convenient, but it always made him dizzy ... and the light that shot through his vision was nearly blinding. Gripping the tree's trunk he took in a shallow breath before jumping from his branch and angling his body to swing around the organism. The world behind the man seemed to stop, as if the time of the realm has frozen itself before it slipped into stardust and flooded past him like a dying galaxy. As the man approached his starting point on the tree he sighed, eyes opening in time to see the colorful spouts of gas and stars fade away to green hills that carried on for miles.

The intricately designed castle with swooping eaves that lay on the hill, the one that towered over the bustling streets of Akeno had all but vanished and been replaced by the low roar of the sea. Instead a large stone castle sat perched on a cliff overhanging the water; the grass that spread out like a vast ocean of its own rolled down to the west and held a small herd of cattle grazing leisurely. "Honestly that man is still sleeping and it's well past noon." Vincent smiled, finally regaining his composure before hopping from his perch and heading forward towards the eerie looking sight. This place was always so peaceful, as if it were in a space of its own outside of the rest of the world that surrounded it. A roaring city lay to the west, around twenty miles away from this lovely country side and yet he never believed it possible when he touched the cobblestone path that led upwards towards the main gate.

It took the blonde all of ten minutes to pass through the hallways lined with shining treasures and maps; to sort through the smell of whiskey and lamb that still lay in the kitchen no doubt from the night before. He reached a large door finally, tucked away at the end of a vast corridor that one would easily miss if they weren't looking. It was hidden near the entrance to the library, a room the blonde dared not enter for he may never leave; he knew too well the place that knowledge held in that beast's heart and also knew the half of the home that reached over the sea was completely dedicated to these sorts of things. Finally he pushed the door open with a soft laugh as he spotted the male in question across the room, curled atop his bed and encased in his sheets like a cocoon. The only distinctive thing that gave his position away was the shock of deep red hair that was in utter chaos atop his pillow and poked out between the black silken bedding. Vincent crossed the room quickly, and upon reaching the bed placed a soft hand atop the snoozing drake's side. He leaned down, tucking a few falling strands of gold behind his left ear before whispering softly, "Honey, I'm home." As if finishing the words he placed a kiss atop the redhead's cheek.

"Welcome home." Without as much as opening his eyes the ancient spoke in a husky voice, clearly still in the thralls of sleep as he threw out his arm and wrapped it around the blonde. He yanked him down, barely giving the man beside him enough time to kick the shoes from his feet before he'd encased him in the silken sheets and completely trapped the God with his arms. Cael shifted to rest his head atop his companion's, smiling lighting when another kiss had been placed under his chin as if attempting to wake him. A few moments of silence passed before the Irishman opened his weary eyes and looked over the ruffled blonde mass beside him, "You're early. Are you well?"

Vincent had settled into the crook of the man's neck, icy eyes partially closed as if the lazy aura of the room were overwhelming him. "I am. I had something come up and had to come here a bit earlier than planned." The tightening grip around him made the blonde laugh before he started shying away from the lips that were sneaking down to bite at his ear. "I didn't come just to play. I have a few things to speak with you about." Despite his words he'd broken into a fit of laughter, unable to withstand the fingers that had begun to trace his sides tauntingly. Had anyone peered in through the window they never would have guessed this man holding him to be of fire and brimstone for he was acting like a schoolboy. He always turned into a playful puppy when either drinking or sleepy; the beast never got drunk but the liquid always allowed his mood to elevate and the usual air of authority and seriousness that surrounded him faded away into laughter. Vincent caught the tickling limbs finally and pushed himself away with a large smile, "You're in a good mood this morning; did you party last night then?" He recalled the smell of lamb in the kitchen; it was the drake's favorite meat but was usually pricey.

Cael shook his head lightly before nodding towards the bottle and opened books on the large oak table that lay in the corner of the room. "My usual party; it was a bit lonely." His fingers wandered out to encase the blonde's cheek and hold it delicately, "You should have come sooner and saved me from my suffering, mo ghra." Ignoring the hands that attempted to push him away whilst laughing the redhead allowed his arms to snake around the blonde and pull him close. His face tucked itself beneath his lover's cheek and buried itself into the crook of his neck; it had been nearly a year and a half. His lips whispered, brushing the ear they'd nestled beside, "Gan tu me caoin." Never would he become used to this feeling of warmth when he curled like this, nor the cold that was as bitter as the night when it left.

The sniper sighed, lifting his hands to tread through the knotty strands of red beside him; how many years had it been since he'd learned these words? "Cen fath ni mor duit a bhriseadh mo chroi nuair a labhraionn tu do theanga?" Honestly he'd come here on business and ended up cuddling in bed, he should have known better. Why must this ancient speak to him in such a lovely language with such heart wrenching words? It concerned him, and made him regret having to rise out of sheets.

Cael chuckled, forcing himself upwards to hover over the blonde; he felt his heart lurch a moment from the worry that rested within the icy gaze. It was always the same, no matter the circumstance he ended up acting childishly around this man. Be it selfishness, or trust, he knew not as to why ... but it was comforting as it always had been. It was a lightness in his chest that knew no bounds being able to simply exist; not having to worry about pride or such nonsense as position or his own life. The drake reached into his hair and withdrew the fingers that still delicately were trying to comfort him and brought them to his chest to brush them against the center of his being. Without waiting he closed them tightly, as if pulling something from his own form, before placing the blonde's hand upon his own breast with a small smile. Heartbreaking? Yes, such a thing was heartbreaking indeed. The drake whispered, already feeling the fingers within his own tighten, "Ta mo chroi istigh ionat."

Vincent shuddered, the familiar words that flew to his ears like bells still shaking his core and forcing tears to well within his eyes. How many times had he been told this? It was always the same. The same weight that hit him like he'd been knocked in the chest by a bat from the meaning of the words. The same chill that ran down his spine from the delicate look that lay in the golden eyes that searched through him. The same pain in his own heart knowing that his absence caused such a man as this to shake in his bones. He'd done this same thing before, and spoken the same words the day he'd ran away with him. "I protect it diligently. Even now." He'd forced himself to speak, forgetting the business he had to discuss for a time; he had five hours left before he had to leave and see that tortured look cross into the golden eyes before him. He seemed to think back to the image he'd watched in the pool before departing his realm and laughed almost bitterly, "Fate is cruel ..."

It wasn't just them caught in this tango of fleeting meetings, was it? As if the words caused him to recall his most recent visit with the young woman he'd watched over since her rebirth the sniper shuddered. In his age he should be past this, past tears pooling and overflowing as if he had no control over them. Vincent pulled his free hand upwards to shield his eyes before he'd buried his face into the chest that hung over him like a blanket; he could have suffered through this had it not been for that. He could have endured the nights that this drake was kept away from his side and the long days before he was able to come and curl beneath his wings if not for that. Of all the stars, and the galaxies ... of all the souls and hearts that beat on this planet why? Why was his son picked on tirelessly by the Gods? "Cael ..." His voice shook and brought the tears streaming from his eyes out in a harsher burst. The arms that engulfed him and pulled him close only served to deepen his sobbing.

"She's one of the Horsemen."

Cael found himself unable to speak as the words hit him like a cold rain. His brows pulled into a thin line and a look of despair and rage had boiled within his eyes as he tightened his arms in an attempt to quell the shaking shoulders within them. He'd known the girl's rebirth would have been noticed, but something like that he hadn't been expecting. "Shh. It will work itself out in the end." His words were quiet as a low hum rumbled from his throat and came out in a familiar melody in attempt to calm his husband. As if a weight had been lifted from his chest he felt a relief: accepting Thanatos' offer had been the right course of action after all. He could move freely, even if it meant being at that son of b*****s beck and call. The redhead ran his fingers down Vincent's spine, allowing the song he'd been humming to trail off as he leaned close to place a kiss against his cheek. He was attempting to clean the tears that were still rolling, "You've kept them safe this long, and now it is my turn."

The blonde hissed, the melody working him down to a low roar of anger and heart break. The sadness that had engulfed him had passed into the dark waters of hatred which only served to continue the rivers that ran down his cheeks. Cael could move somewhat freely when his hands were tied, it was annoying. "Elaina ..." He spit the name from his lips as if it were a poison, "I'll kill her for such meddling." How dare that witch mess with his planning and put a poisoned apple into the hands of his princess? "I'll bring down wrath upon her as if the Goddess herself were still alive." All he needed was time, and a renewed patience; he just had to wait until the pieces came to play their parts. He glared into the amused golden orbs that were watching, "Skin her and boil her - even such a fate isn't cruel enough."

O-ho. Was he trying to start him up then?

"You can have your fun with her when I'm done." Cael chuckled, voice taking on a husky tone as he found an interest in the slighter male's neck. Honestly speaking with such heat and words like that ... The drake latched his fingers around his companion's wrists and pinned them in place on the silken sheets before smirking, "I'll reign down fire upon her the likes of which she's never encountered. She was able to avoid me last time because of that deceitful brother of mine ... but now?" The Irishman pressed his lips against the still furrowed brow of the blonde and snickered at the tint that had flooded his cheeks. "She will understand the right arm that reaches out and smites those whom taint this world. The wrath of the one whom Avyanna trusted the most and she harbored such jealously towards. I promise." A growl had worked its way up and lingered in the ancient's throat a moment before he overtook the pinned limbs with his right hand. "Now ... foreplay aside."

Vincent shuddered as his partner's freed hand had busied itself with tiptoeing slowly down his side and nearly allowed a whimper to escape when the harsh nip of a fang caught his collarbone. "Cael!" The name came out as a heated intake of breath and forced a growl to escape the redhead hovering over him like an animal. Honestly, this beast hadn't been so riled up in a while ... As if the lord had read his thoughts a pair of lips were suddenly at his earlobe, hissing words in a tenor so carnal they caused the blonde's face to ignite. He'd found the body that had once hovered over him pressing into his own with a force that sent a chill down his spine.

"You know what happens when you're vile; it makes me want to punish you."

 

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

 

“Honestly Uncle Leo … Dad said you were pushing yourself hard again but you look fine to me.” The voice was a bell like medium tone laced with sarcasm as it poked fun at the obviously older male. The young woman of which it belonged to had been standing facing the docks for a short time with her arms crossed in mock agitation. She looked no more than eighteen and towered over most of the women that roamed the streets of Mihal at a height of 5’10”; she was a lovely girl with pale skin that starkly contrasted with the black hair that clung to her head from sweat. The pixie cut held soft waves and framed her mildly worried features appealingly, its straight cut bangs drew attention to her mismatched eyes and were being pushed aside as if she’d forgotten to wipe her brow until this moment.

Her body was that of a hand to hand combatant, toned and well trained despite her age; then again you couldn’t expect less from the oldest daughter of the man who ran the rebel organization ASH. The Dirix’s were a family that stayed ready, perched to move on a moment’s notice to the battlefield should it be called for.  “Oh, Vinny left this at home for you.” Franchesca moved to pull a folded letter from her pocket, and held it out tentatively. She’d been hoping to read it before she’d ran into her Uncle; she’d taken on the personality of her late Aunt Kamille who made a point to agitate Leon’s life.

Leon had taken his time, watching the young woman with shock apparent in the browns that searched the blue and hazel eye studying him. She really did grow more like Kamille every day … “Jeez Franny you still don’t know how to talk to your elders either? Just like Kaiyo.” Without skipping a beat he’d snatched the black head into a head lock and began ruffling her hair. He’d learned a long time ago that family was more than blood relation, and the Dirix’s were a standing testimony to that lesson. “Apologize.”

She’d laughed, wiggling free from the older man’s loosened grip in a few moments. A bright smile had plastered itself on her lips, eyes alighting in joy from the casual greeting. Her Father had been right … this brute had changed a bit since she’d last seen him. Almost four years hadn’t it been? “No way.” Seeing the smile that she’d been given Franchesca looked over to Osmond and lifted a brow; he’d taken on a strange look in his eye since she’d appeared. “Hey, you’re giving of a pedophile vibe you know … Be glad my sister and brother aren’t here or I’d start questioning you and my Uncle …” As the words rolled from her lips the woman took on an air of agitation and positioned a hand on her hip.

“He’s just full of himself. Ignore him.” Leon snatched the letter and looked over to Osmond, as if mentally warning him with a glare. Not his sister. Not his niece. He’d kill him for real this time.

The blacksmith seemed to have gotten the message and shrugged it off nonchalantly: he wasn’t interested in brats anyway. Grey eyes lifting he had taken interest in the boats beginning to line the port behind them; they needed to leave soon or they’d miss the ride over the sea. “Dumbass we have to go.” Without waiting for a response he’d turned his form and aimed it for the small building to their right. “I’ll get our boarding passes while you finish up. If you’re late I’ll leave your a*s for sure this time and sell the other pass to a cute girl I find. Understand, eh?” He was tired; they’d barely slept the night before thanks to a detour they'd been forced to take on the way to town.

The eighteen year old shook her head, lifting a brow to inspect her Uncle yet again, “You always find the strangest ones to rely on.” Then again what did that mean as far as her Father was concerned? Sighing she’d eyed the letter that had been delivered, “He said to tell you ‘Sorry. Something came up.’ Then gave Dad that letter and said it would explain things a bit. I didn’t really get it when he asked me to bring it to you, but Dad’s been in a rush lately. Is something going on that he’s not telling me about, Uncle Leo?” Even her Mother was acting weird, and they hadn’t gone to see Aunt Astra in a while either …

“Franny. Can you keep a secret?”

The serious tenor that had overtaken the man before her caused the young woman to jerk in surprise. Her gaze shifted, catching the worry that had already taken over his furrowed brow and lit a low flame within the browns watching the piece of parchment within his grasp. Something was going on, wasn’t it? Jeez it was annoying when the only one that would ever tell them anything straight was Leo. “Yeah.”

Leon sighed; Raid would kill him for this but he didn’t understand such nonsense as not telling his kids. Even the children in this age knew the stories of the history that had passed, and how were they supposed to prepare themselves for the worst if they were left in the dark? “Your Dad is going to be pissed.” Reaching for his brow he pressed it, trying to tame the sudden headache that had sprouted from the thought. Raid had always been hot headed when it came to protecting his people and his family … and he wasn’t the type to stir up panic with unnecessary public information. “Keep an eye on your brother and sister when I tell you this, okay? Your Mom and Dad have their hands full.”

She’d felt a cold sweat coming on, and nodded before swallowing the lump in her throat. It was that bad? Now she just felt angry that she hadn’t been told anything … she wasn’t so unreliable.

“Elaina is breaking her seal and your Uncle Zane has flipped his lid and run off. Things are starting to stir up like they did before you kids were born; Raid and Charlotte going out late at night lately?” Leo smiled lightly when the girl nodded, noticeably paler than she’d been a few moments before. “Oz and I were coming from Jelena and ran into the old LIFE facility that used to be a day from here last night. It’s up and running so they’re probably trying to deal with that; kids are starting to pop up missing again too so your Mom is most likely losing her s**t from worry over you three. Don’t be too hard on them, alright kiddo?”

There it was, his characteristic hand that always found the head of those who needed it. Fran swallowed again, nodding beneath its weight before lifting her mismatched gaze, “I didn’t think it was something like that.” Now she just felt childish for being angry … and the fight she’d gotten into the night before with her Mom about staying to watch the kids again. “I won’t say anything but I’ll help out if I can.”

“Well if I agree with them on anything it’s that I’d like to keep you three and the twins out of this … but in reality that’s going to end up being hard.” Especially if it started escalating as it had twenty years ago; she’d moved over the land fast and covered it in blood and fire before you could act. Leon shook the thought from his mind for it stirred up memories he’d rather not recall. The man ruffled his niece’s hair before adding protectively, “Just be ready and watch over Raylee and Lucas. He’s still a wee thing, and your sister is a bit naïve when it comes to combat. Think you can do that for me, Fran?” This was the right thing to do, right? He remembered being her age and in the middle of this mess, and even if it had been a little different of a situation because of his activities in ASH. The kids had a right to know. Besides, if anything happened to them he wouldn’t forgive himself even if he hadn’t been present; especially knowing he hadn't done anything to prepare them for the coming storm.

“Of course I will, Idiot Uncle.” Taking a deep breath the young woman allowed the mood to pass from her; there wasn’t any use worrying over it. That wouldn’t change anything. Smiling she lifted her hand and pointed towards the male’s brow, voice taking on a teasing tone again, “You worry too much, idiot.” Maybe he hadn't changed that much.

"Of course I worry; you're my cute niece and your Aunt would rise from the grave to kill me should I let anything happen to you." That in itself wasn't a lie; Kamille would probably haunt him to the ends of the planet if he let anything happen to her brother's children. Now, this letter was concerning to him. Browns lowering, they eyed the parchment a bit more: why had he stopped into visit Raid? Why had he come top side early? Was he still going to show up? Hissing in frustration the brunette waved towards Franchesca before turning to head deeper into the docks, "Tell your parents I said hello! Give Ray and Luke a big hug for me, alright?!" He'd called the words over his shoulder, utterly unable to face the young woman he was leaving with such a task. It was a selfish thing, telling her and then asking her to bear some of this ridiculous burden.

"How cute, she called you Uncle." Osmond had reappeared much like a shadow, hand already holding out the other ticket he'd purchased.

"I asked them to call me that when they were little. I told you before the lot of us became a family last time." The words seemed to bring another memory to mind, and Leon found himself shying away from it. He'd thought over the events in the courtyard at his pub countless times, and even now it unsettled him. Oz seemed to pick up on the man's changing demeanor for he nudged him roughly with his elbow and nodded towards the letter, "What's in it?" He was interested in the contents but for the most part he didn't want to have to deal with this idiot if he got into one of his moods this tired. It was a pain. The blacksmith passed his ticket over before stepping onto the ship without skipping a beat; it took him a few steps to realize the man that had been strolling beside him leisurely had fallen behind. "Dwyer?" Before he'd had a moment to ask he spotted the man still on the boarding platform, watching the boat as if it were a fiend. Then, as if he'd been smashed in the face with a vase, the black head hissed under his breath. Of course.

"God damn it you are wary of the most useless things! Fight to the death with a monster and you're fine but use any form of transportation and you're suddenly five!" The words flooded from his vocals in an agitated rage; his weariness was starting to add fuel to his fire as he approached the brunette.

Leon had indeed passed his ticket over but before moving further he'd stopped and was watching the sea that bobbed the craft up and down. Of all the damn things that could take you places he hated boats the most. Why did they have to go on a boat? "Oi ... I think I'll swim and meet you there." The brunette hissed, features pale from simply eyeing the deck's woodwork; he always got sick when he rode things. Boats, cars, trains, motor bikes, and those stupid beasts they used to cross lakes in Akeno ... s**t what were they called? Before he'd been given a chance to rethink his options again Osmond had grabbed him by the collar and yanked him forward.

It was like a tranquilizer for the brunette wobbled and felt his knees give out as soon as the bobbing of the ship took over his form. He swallowed, already feeling green from the change of pace. Damn it ... he hated this a*****e the most. Leon reached over to steady himself on the ships railing before letting words fly from his lips, "I won't forgive you." He'd attempted to push the rage bubbling in his gut forward but in the end the words were barely audible and sounded more pathetic than anything.

"Shut up already." The blacksmith hadn't skipped a beat and had already grabbed his companion's arm and tossed it over his shoulder; he'd help the idiot get to their room and then he was done with him. The two stumbled forwards a few feet before managing to climb down a stairwell to the deck below; it was lined with around eighty rooms, some for the workers and others for passengers. After a few moments they'd managed down the hallway and come to a door reading B-27. Osmond took a key from his pocket and shoved the door open, yanking the larger man forward and into the room. Honestly when this idiot got like this it was the same as if he were drunk. "Get off!" Without any sympathy Oz tossed his friend from his shoulder and onto the nearest bed with a look of disgust. Why in the hell had he gone and promised to watch this pathetic excuse's back?

Leon whimpered lightly before curling into a ball and yanking the covers over his head like a wounded dog. He hated it when he was this pathetic. He listened, noting the slamming of the door before the bed beside his own creaked; Oz had fallen onto his own without taking much interest in the sheets it seemed. He was exhausted then too. The brunette took a deep breath, taking the time to focus on his breathing before taking another interest in the letter. Passing the thought of the boat from his mind he opened it quickly and started skimming over the contents with a dulled interest. Even not being able to hear the sea, or see he was in a stateroom ... his body still knew and punished his stomach; he felt like he was going to puke. Then again, it was probably a mixture of the boat and the words he'd been reading in the letter. There wasn't much, but the little there was disheartening.

"Well, what did your old man have to say?"

"He had to poke his nose into something yesterday and ended up coming up early." The words shook as if the brunette speaking were trying to hold in the liquor and meat he'd consumed the night before. Despite this he sounded almost disappointed: he'd been looking forward to seeing Vincent. "Said he ran into Zane and pissed him off when he was out, and spoke with Cael about a few things ... said he should tell us more when we get to the city." F**k he was going to throw up. Talking only made the growing sensation in his gut worse and forced the brunette to climb from his cocoon and roll to the floor. He didn't bother trying to stand and instead crawled for the bathroom; he'd said something else but he wasn't going to tell that b*****d about that. Feeling bile rise in his throat Leon rose onto his knees and threw himself the last few feet to the toilet; he'd managed to yank the seat and cover up before a gagging sound filled the small room. Honestly he hated being this pathetic; it pissed him off and made the sickness in his body stir more.

Of all the damn things he'd had to tell him that in a letter.

The bile rose in his throat again and forced the 28 year old to gag before emptying the contents of his stomach finally into the porcelain bowl before him. He'd ended up leaning against it like it was the only thing keeping him upright, brown eyes closing to fight off the water forming in them from his constant heaving. S**t he hated getting sick like this ... it was just like when he was younger and stuck in those white rooms. When he'd had IVs attached and he'd been pumped full of so much pain medication to combat the agony from being split open countless times. They always moved them from facility to facility, always in cramped conditions and foul smelling things through the underground cities. The smell of blood and feces was always there mixed with the uncontrollable crying from other kids that were tossed in with him. The sound of the boat pulling from port and the sudden lurch caused the man shiver; s**t he still hadn't grown out of this. He'd grown out of his innate reaction to women ... but he couldn't shake this, eh? His stomach churned again as an image popped into his mind and he was forced to eliminate bile again. It burned his throat and the smell nearly made him gag on its own. "Damn it to hell ..."

Despite his previous words Osmond had lifted himself into a sit, simply listening to the noise in the bathroom. "F**k you're a handful ..." He seemed to be debating if he wanted to go check on his traveling companion or stay exactly where he was. He understood this, for it was like a panic attack, but despite that it was annoying. They always had to leave places earlier so they could avoid using transportation because of this. His grey eyes finally spotted the letter that had fallen to the floor, most likely forgotten when Leon had frantically headed for the toilet. The blacksmith picked it up, reading over the words casually before stopping partially through its contents with a sigh. Jeez, this probably hadn't helped the situation at all...

Leo,

Yo! It's Papa! Sorry to have to write you this instead of telling you in person ... but something came up.
I noticed something that agitated me a bit so I ended up going top side early and ran into Zane.
He seemed ... a lot calmer than what you described three years ago. Like he's lucid in there somewhere.
She's definitely gotten a lot stronger, I felt her presence just from talking to the annoying brat. He pissed me off.

No worries though, I returned the favor and managed to rile them both up a bit! :3

I told Cael to fill you in on a few details but ... I'm a bit worried about that young woman you ran into.
I know she looks a lot like her but ... she had one of the jackets of a General. Most likely she's one of the Horseman.

I don't have any idea about her connection with Zane but ... when I found him he was doing something shady.

Don't get so caught up in a set of eyes that you end up losing your life, alright? I love you.

- Pops

"You alright?" Osmond had placed the parchment back on the floor where he'd found it before wandering to the bathroom door and taking a place leaning against the molding. The noise had calmed down a bit and from the brunette position he'd managed to throw up until he couldn't eliminate anything more. Leon had taken a position sitting, leaning backwards against the tub with his head pointed towards the ceiling; his eyes were closed as if he were thinking or he'd finally passed out from exhaustion. The 26 year old growled under his breath before stepping forward into the room and closing the distance between them; finally he sank down beside the brunette and perched on the balls of his feet. "Dwyer, you still alive?" His voice was concerned, light eyes boring into the older man's facial structure as if he were trying to get a corpse to speak. "Dwyer!"

"I'm scared honestly."

The whisper caught him off guard and nearly made the black headed man fall backwards onto his bottom; as if to match his shock the blacksmith's eyes had grown in size and continued to stare down the stilled figure. Great this b*****d was in a mood, which was the very thing he'd been trying to avoid by dragging him in here. Osmond sighed, brows already giving away his mock agitation from their concerned line, "You always have to be so damn blunt when you're like this ... jeez. You're a pain in my a*s." He hadn't budged when the unamused set of brown orbs opened and shifted over to give him a glare of annoyance. Instead the black head reached out and pushed his index finger against the lines forming on his companion's brow. "You said you'd make her remember, right? So what in the hell are you scared of? All she has to do is remember your ugly mug."

This jackass.

Leon laughed lightly, ignoring the finger still digging into his skin as if it were trying to drive a nail into his skull. "What happens if she doesn't remember then? She was pretty adamant about chopping my head off, or did you forget?" What would happen if there wasn't anything to remember? No, that wasn't the case ... if he was sure of anything it was who she was. It was more a matter of if he could open a door to something that may not even exist, and if he couldn't what he'd do. If it was a matter of her simply wanting to kill him, then that would be fine; he could stand there and let something like that happen without much regret. That was karma. But what if Vincent was right and he ended up having to face that woman to take Elaina down? He'd taken an interest in the floor, swallowing the uneasiness that attempted to send him into another gagging fit.

What in the hell was he supposed to do if he had to kill Zhen to kill that witch?

"F*****g hell ... I said I'd watch your back, right?" Oz had taken on an annoyed air, allowing his finger to fall before he flopped down beside the barely lucid brunette. Of all times for him to have to give a pep talk ... he was f*****g tired from all the running around this a*****e had made him do the night before. "It's simple. I'll take care of it and anything else your pathetic a*s can't do. That's my part to play in this, right?" Arms crossing he'd managed to toss his head back in the same position Leon's had been previously, grey eyes studying the ceiling of the small room as if it were a window to the sky outside. "See? Nothing to be scared of." Was he going to snap out of it now? Allowing sleep to pull at his mind the blacksmith closed his eyes; he was too tired to get up and go fall back on the bed at this rate. He'd just f*****g sleep here by this waste of space.

Leon had instinctively tossed his head back against the cast iron and laughed despite himself, mimicking the weary black head without realizing. "You're right. Thank you."

I'd saw you twice before I came to your damn pub.

The first time I saw you, you were pulling a kid out of a burning house.
The beams had started to fall and landed on your shoulders but you didn't budge.
You ignored the burns, the smell of your own flesh melting ... and saved that kid.

I admired you, and aimed to become as strong as you were.
I'd wanted to protect people, and those I cared for, as you'd done that day.

The second time was when you were walking into Mihal, covered in blood and holding a corpse.
It was a stark contrast to the man I'd witness that day saving the little boy ... it was eerie.
That was the day she'd died and you'd been carrying her to a hotel as if she were simply sleeping.

The first day I entered Sith after it had been rebuilt and you'd taken it over ...
That was probably the day I promised myself I would befriend you.
You'd still had the same air about you ... you looked like you needed someone.

That was the day I promised myself I'd become someone you could rely on.



© 2016 kpie


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on March 4, 2016
Last Updated on March 4, 2016
Tags: fiction, fantasy, action, adventure, romance, lgbt, novel, book, friendship, family


Author

kpie
kpie

SC



About
Well, now I am grown And these days have shown Rain's a part, of how life goes But it's dark and it's late So I'll hold you and wait 'til your frightened eyes do close ; k . p i e :23 years; .. more..

Writing
Stage 01 Stage 01

A Chapter by kpie


Stage 02 Stage 02

A Chapter by kpie


Stage 03 Stage 03

A Chapter by kpie