Chapter 1 - Prologue, Sept. 16th, 2014

Chapter 1 - Prologue, Sept. 16th, 2014

A Chapter by Katharine Eilene
"

Prologue to the story.

"

Hiccup. "Excuse me...", a muffled voice echoed in the back of the church. A dark hooded figure hiding in shadows stepped forward into the moonlit spray of light emerging from the glass on the roof. From faraway one could tell that the figure was of female gender due to the outline and visible clothing. Slender. Small frame. High heeled boots. A ringed finger. Small bits of blonde hair.

"Me and my manners...", she scoffed quietly and stalked to the front of the church as she tried her best to remain silent. She crouched low onto the floor until her fingers touched the ground. Rays of lights sparkled into the church and sprayed the seats as voices could be heard from outside.

A stern gruff voice was first, "Where is she?!". Followed by a second noise of the barking of a dog. Distant footsteps upon wet pavement circled the church as a total of five men stood outside. "I could have sworn that she was here!"

The woman held her breath and tried to inch her way out of the moon's light. Her spiky heels clicked almost soundlessly as she tried her best to glide across the wooden flooring. The seats on her left and right sides helped to hide her image if anyone was to look inside the plain glass of the church.

Crreeaakk. One of the wooden planks shifted slightly, causing a thunder of a noise.


"Shhhhh! Did you hear that?!" a man's voice of a lighter tone was hear in the west side. He sounded to be around his 20s. "She's in the church!" The man didn't even seem to worry if the woman heard him or not. He yelled it loud enough that the woman thought for one split second that maybe the man WANTED her to know.

The woman bolted to her feet and began running as fast as she could towards the altar of the cross of Jesus. 'S**t, s**t, s**t. I know I'm not fast enough!'

An explosion was heard as the church's doors flew open. The woman running flew forward and hit her head on the cross of Jesus in the center of the room. Amazingly the force of the blow didn't even scratch the thing.

Smoke swirled around in dance as it struggled to settle onto the floor. It soon calmed, but not before a pair of dogs came running inside. One could not tell what type they were due to the strange surrounding of black smoke that covered them. There was no fur, but the touch of air. Their eyes glowed green. The saliva that dripped melted through the floor, causing even more smoke to arise.

The woman, laying on her back, was completely unconscious. The dogs reared up to tear her to pieces. One of the men ordered the dogs to stand down, "Stop."

Bark. Bark. They knew if they didn't obey, then a punishment would be received.


The man that had heard the woman in the church was the first to enter. His appearance betrayed his gentle nature. There was not a dash of color. Only black. Except for his blonde hair. And his innocent eyes of
brown.

He ignored the dogs and continued even closer to the passed out woman. Leaning over her, he picked her up and carried her lightly in his arms.

One of the dogs growled at her as her lifeless hand brushed past his nose. The man looked at the dog and kicked briskly. There was no sneer from his face, but a grimace. An image of a pained heart as the dog yelped in pain and crashed into a church seat closets to it. The other animal had it's tail between it's legs faster than you could say treat.

"Thank god we found her sir."

"Yes, thank the lord she's not hurt."

The men continued to encourage the man over the woman's health.

But the man knew of her secret...

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eva held her head with her right hand as she slowly awoke from her slumber in class. She wanted to rub her eyes then decided against it when she remembered how much eyeliner she had put on. A yawn left her mouth as she stretched her arms and her legs, causing them to grow as stiff as could be for just a few seconds. She released them and relaxed her whole body continuously fighting the want to sleep and actually sleeping. Forgetting where she was, Eva did her best to keep a low profile as the teacher in her class eyed her suspiciously for stretching in class. Gaining the attention of the teacher or the class was wanted. She had both.

Eva ignored the staring eyes, the whispers on her back, and the ideas of gossip. She did this by staring at the only neutral party in the classroom. The window.

Sigh. 'Another unwanted dream...'

A bell sounded signifying the end of the period for the day. She tried her best to replace the sounds of screaming chairs and the banging of books with her thoughts. Maybe she could even drown out the superfluous noises. She glanced around the head of the room awaiting for the teacher to say something, anything to her.

As if that very thought had signaled him, he looked into her eyes “Eva, come with me please.” Not all of the students had left the class yet. Their expressions were bleak and emotionless, they were clueless of what the teacher wanted to discuss with her. There would be no juicy gossip for tonight. Everyone in school already knew about the rumors that were surrounding Eva and Mr. Feral, everything that they were able to attain... The only question was which is reality and imagination?

Time seemed to pass by slowly as the two stared down at one another. Him standing behind his cluttered desk, right hand clutching tightly onto the back of the wheeled chair he had taught in minutes ago. Her resting serenely on her propped up elbows, emerald eyes glimmering to the late afternoon sun outside the window. There were no words to describe the emotions running through her heart. Too many to just sum into a simple number. But there was just one thought that ached her mind, 'What more does he want from me?' .

With a scoff, Eva lowered her arms and reached to the side for the black sling bag adorned with thousands upon thousands of stitched circular band logos of every color imaginable. Seizing a tight grip on the sling, she positioned the bag tightly to her right side. Eva stands at 5'5" about the average height of all the girls within the classroom. The only distinguishable features that alienated the girls in the classroom and herself were green eyes and jet black hair. Everyone else in the room besides the teacher consisted of either blonde hair and blue eyes. It was almost like any other color would be considered alien in the room. In this case, it was. As fast as Eva could, she got up and strolled to the front of the room. Her suede ankle high boots clicking rhythmically on the white tile floors. The black skirt hugging tightly to her hips accented heavily her figure. Falling loose at about four inches above her knee caps the skirt flowed behind her with every step. The dangling of three different set of necklaces clanked loudly against one another on her black tank top; one of a white skull, another of a rose petal, and the last a bright gold heart that stood out from the rest.

"Am I to assume that we are to discuss this in the music room?" Eva's velvet voice hinted a bit of mockery as she faced him in front of his work station. Yes, many times before they have had discussions in the choir room. Along with other secrets that one would be disgusted upon hearing. But Eva was wanting this to be the last time anything happened. No one even considered the thought of what had happened there before, only of the light fluffy tales told amongst the other students. The teacher placed both of his hands on his desk and leaned forward to be completely eye level with Eva, "Yes..." His voice, austere and firm suggested something specifically meant just for Eva to understand. With a twist of the wrist, she waved to him while standing at the entrance to the door. "After you", and slightly curtsied. All students had left the class, so no one could witness the acting the two were putting on.

Instantaneously, the teacher flung his hand across his desk. All of the papers, the books, personal adornments to decorate all of it crashed onto the floor. If one was to look inside at the moment, they would think the teacher to be mad. A small trickle of sweat flickered on his forehead. For a few moments he stood there leaning his full weight on his desk that now showed off its beautiful wood oak patterns. Eva stared into the room her heart beating at a fast pace. She was beginning to get nervous. "Close the door..." He indicated to the classroom entrance with a nod of his head. Eva stood silent still clutching her hands tightly against her breasts. "I said close the door!" Eva grabbed the silver handle and forcefully shut the door, causing an echo in the empty hallway but also in the room. "Lock it. Don't make me repeat myself..." She didn't have to be told twice as Eva pressed the lock in.

For awhile nothing but the twittering birds and the teachers heavy panting were heard. Until the teacher spoke once more, "Why can't you say my name?..." He pushed against the desk heavily, the desk screeching. In silent anger he started to pace back and forth, rubbing his temple on his forehead. Eva's eyes lowered to the ground, unable to stare him in the face "Why is it that you have not answered my calls? Is there someone else?"

"No, Edward...." Eva removed her bag and placed it softly onto the floor. Thud. It was so quiet only a mouse would hear it like a crack of thunder. "We have to stop this...Even though I am 18 now, we weren't when we were together..."

Edward threw his hands into the air. A frustrated laugh escaped his lips as he whirled to face towards Eva's direction, "It doesn't matter Evangeline! No one else has to know about it. We can still be together." Abruptly he raced to Eva, she didn't struggle against him as he placed his hands to her sides. Edward stands at 6'2" and was required to peer down to stare into her eyes. "You are so beautiful..." He ran his left hand among the strands of her wavy hair. An expression of love and appreciation was on his face. He blinked for a moment and a plain expression transformed into one of annoyance . Her glaring eyes reflecting the anger in her heart. "I told you I wanted to end this" Instantaneously, she backed away taking two full steps away from his warm hands. "Don't try to seduce me like you had before in the past. I was much younger then." Eva turned away hugging herself tightly. A hint of regret could be heard as Edward placed his arms back to his own sides. He closed his eyes trying to calm away the anger that was building up from the rejection. "I remember everything that happened. And when I look back upon it..." She scoffed as she stared at the seat she was in ten minutes ago, "...I realize that I was nothing important. Just a student that had never been touched...I can't believe I gave myself....to you..." She started to tremble as she hugged even more tightly to herself.

Edward's head was hung low as he came behind Eva and held her too tightly. Eva gasped once as she stifled a surprised scream. Edward cupped her mouth as he forcefully pressed her against the wall closets to them. Eva was fearful over what Edward was going to do. Out of everyone in the whole entire school, she was the only one that knew of Edward's secret. He had anger management issues of a most dangerous degree. In school he was able to keep it bottled up and hidden from the rest of the world, but when he was home...that is a different story.

Despite herself, Eva tried to remain as quiet as possible. Struggling against him would only make thins worse for her. "Edward...please-" She was cut off before she could finish by laughter. A laugh that one could only describe as maniacal. "Oh, so now that I am hurting you...YOU are WANTING me? I think I should be the one rejecting you!" He slide one of his hands upon her chest and squeezed extremely hard against one of her breasts. "Aaagh-" She bit her lip trying to stifle painful cry that almost escaped her lips. Quickly she responded with the first thought that came to mind. "Edward, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have denied you. I'm so sorry. I swear to you that I will never do this again. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm SORRY!"

Edward pushed Eva's body against the wall with his whole weight before releasing her. A smirk was on his face, evident of a victory that he had forcefully won regardless of the tactics used. His glasses had fallen onto the floor when he made an advance against Eva. Quickly he grabbed his glasses and placed them upon his face, obviously ignoring any smudges that may have been made during the small scuffle. With a relieved grin, Edward's voice could be heard for the last time as he began to leave the room. "Eva, I am so glad that you cam to your senses. Don't worry about this mess, I'll just tell the janitor that it must have been a prank from one of the students. I'll pick you up for dinner tonight, ma cherie..." As fast as he changed temperaments, he left the room leaving Eva alone.

Eva was still pressed against the wall, afraid that a single movement would bring him back. A single twitch would trigger a false sensation of his body heat upon hers. Slowly, she slid to the floor. Legs on each side and hands covering her face. Beneath those hands hid a woman's face full of rage and shame. "Don't worry Edward....Don't you worry...I will be at my home tonight...But this time, I will be ready..." Not wanting to waste anymore time, Eva grabbed all of her belongings. Ignoring the scattered papers on the floor she trampled through to the door and ran as fast as she could onto the streets. Ignoring any man, woman, or child that tried to talk to her. Tonight, she would break up with Edward...even if it meant she had to break him...physically...



© 2012 Katharine Eilene


Author's Note

Katharine Eilene
Same with note regarding book. Please be very truthful when reading this story. Thank you! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
Added on October 3, 2012
Last Updated on October 3, 2012
Tags: Eva, Edward, mature, teen, adult, romance, thriller, psychological, crazy, teacher, forbidden, love


Author

Katharine Eilene
Katharine Eilene

Indianapolis, IN



About
Oh my. Here I'm supposed to say what I'm like, who I am, and what you are probably going to want to know about me. It's not that easy. How about I just give you some random info? I'm a private.. more..

Writing