Butterflies

Butterflies

A Chapter by Katharine Eilene
"

Anna has always been lucky. Fate has no tie to her since Anna has an amazing ability only she possess. She can see into the future through her dreams.

"
" I wonder..." Anna's green eyes strained as she looked directly into the sunset. The sun wasn't even halfway hidden yet, and the rays were still pretty bright. Standing in the middle of a bridge next to the lake of Santiago Bay, Annastacia Forte leaned as comfortably as she could against the railings. Anna, dressed in a polka-dotted mini-dress and red heels, was bored. Today was Sunday, and almost everyone in New York City had gathered around the world's largest manufactured lake.

With the economy swaying in every direction, the city officials noticed everyone worrying about every slight tax raise and increase of prices. So, they had decided that they were going to spend the city's saved money on manufacturing the world's largest lake. Why you ask? To make everyone forget about their problems.
The entertainment industry has always been greatly known for...well...entertaining. Unfortunately, the industry had kept including the problems of the economy into their productions. So everyone's thoughts were focused only onto the economy.
Anyways, the city officials had decided that it was time to make the world turn heads. Why not create a beautiful landscape that is completely free and completely man-made? And do, they did just that. New York City became the first ever city to create it's own lake to about the size of the city itself. For now, mankind has something to look forward to.

Anna squinted her eyes some more as the sun didn't dim. "So much for a lovely sunset tonight...", this was almost a ritual for Anna. Every afternoon before the sun set, she would head to the bridge near the lake and breathe in the scent of the moist air. Nothing was more soothing than having the warm glow of the sun on your face and a cool breeze rushing through the strands of your hair.
Anna sighed quietly, laying her crossed arms and head onto the wood railing. "I already knew what was going to happen anways..." She half closed her eyes as the shadow of dark clouds hovered over the lake. A large mist was seeping in, causing the sunset's rays to slowly be covered until there was nothing but a thick fog. 'I don't even know why I try to bother anymore. I already knew that the sunset was going to be ruined tonight. Without a sound, Anna slowly straightened herself up and started walking down the bridge toward a taxi at the end of the path.

"Ma'am! You should probably have brought a jacket with you tonight!"
The taxi driver, a man appearing to be in his 30s, stood outside holding open the door for Anna. He smiled as big as he could to try to attract a smile from Anna. There was no effect. She walked briskly through the tall grass and ignored the tickling sensation and dew around her legs. All of a sudden, Anna's heel dug into a soft patch of dirt and sunk in. 'Owch!" Anna growled to herself as she fell on her butt, dirtying her new dress. 'I saw this coming too, but I geuss I had forgotten...' Her left leg was raised while her right was still in the dirt. Anna's pose looked seductive, although that was definitely not her intention at all.

"Oh!", the driver quickly went to Anna's side. He reached for her hand and pulled, "Are you alright?" His face appeared to be worried, but his eyes were focusing on her pose. He blushed slightly and looked to see if anyone was around. Without thinking, he released his hold on her hand and reached for her face. The driver was already aroused from Anna's appearance, but her position was the last straw.

Anna, realizing the most important part of her dream, got up as quickly as possible and apologized to the driver profusely. "I am so sorry, but I am in a real hurry. I have a very important meeting in 10 minutes." 'He's just going to regain his posture and then be glad that I payed him the 20% tip for earlier...Already knew that...And I already knew that I was supposed to lie as well...'

The driver, realizing what he was about to do slapped himself in the forehead. "Yes, right away ma'am." Embaressed, he quickly helped Anna into the car and sat in the driver's seat. "Where to?

Anna smiled slightly and replied as nicely as she could, "46th Hiller Avenue Drive. My apartment."

Looking in the rearview mirror, he nodded, "Right away!" And pressed firmly on the gas pedal.


© 2012 Katharine Eilene


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
Added on October 3, 2012
Last Updated on October 3, 2012
Tags: Experimental, Thriller, Fantasy, Intro, Opening, Prologue, Character, Ideas, Stories, Places, Intense, Extreme, Uncommon, Women, Men, Heroin, Heroes, Hero


Author

Katharine Eilene
Katharine Eilene

Indianapolis, IN



About
Oh my. Here I'm supposed to say what I'm like, who I am, and what you are probably going to want to know about me. It's not that easy. How about I just give you some random info? I'm a private.. more..

Writing