The Garden with no Sky

The Garden with no Sky

A Chapter by Unam
"

A place I will never forget...

"

I didn’t know where I was… I just knew I was there and I was there for a long time. I didn’t know why exactly but the place made me feel odd, out of place, with this numb feeling in my chest that’s hard to explain. I looked around. Wondering where I was. It was a garden as I could best describe it. It was weird because that was all there was: a circular garden of dull green, dew grass with a gray dead tree, it’s branches looking like a clawing hand clinging for what remained of its little life. There was a stone brick wall, I remember, it was covered with green ivy which made it look kind of nice… cause’ it blended with the scenery and all. You could use the ivy to climb to the top to see the entire garden. No bigger than about two large rooms of a house put together. What I couldn’t understand was that the borders of the garden were a thick bush of forest. I had never attempted to enter it nor did I think it was possibly… probably what kept me from attempting.

                Oh, and I wasn’t the only one there. There was another boy, and a girl. I can’t remember well enough to describe the girl but the boy was rough looking; kind of remind me of a werewolf. It was funny because all three of us were only seven years old�"is what I assumed considering that’s how old we looked like. The boy was brown skinned but not nearly as dark as me, his eyes were sort of big, bushy eyebrows, and untamed black hair. Man, what a brute looking kid he was. He hated me. I didn’t hate him back but I didn’t like him either. Not a healthy relationship for a kid to have but it was what it was. The girl… now the girl was different, though all I can sort of remember was that she was straight blonde hair…? It was blurry in knowing her face but I know she was blonde or something was blonde that she was wearing so I’m assuming she was white or Caucasian, whatever floats your boat. Anyways I’m guessing I had a thing for her cause I could’ve sworn I gave her something, perhaps a flower that grew in the garden, and that was something because there were no flowers or plants other than short grass that grew there. I would use the word “love” but c’mon, like I said earlier, we were around seven years of age and I didn’t know her or the boy’s name. The reason why I would even mention the word because the emotions I felt about her were more than a usual feeling when I liked someone. She was the only girl in the area. Even though none of spoken words that I can recall we somehow made a comprehensible silent language between one another, weird, I know but that’s how it went.

                The most memorable thing was when I was in mid-combat with the wolf-boy, for some reason as mangled and hardened he look the kid couldn’t fight worth crap. I actually enjoyed performing combos and elusive techniques during the process of kicking his a*s! Oh man was I happy to show off in front of that girl… Just thinking about her raises so many questions, thoughts in my head… Why couldn’t I remember her face yet the boy so easily? What is the meaning, symbolism? I do remember looking at her smiling at me or possibly trying to say something to me after I beat the mess out the kid. Personally I found it hilarious on how she never seemed to care about his well-being in getting jacked up on so many occasions, but yeah, she looked dead at me afterwards. I could tell you her face but I know it’s just my mind fabricating it at the moment and not what it was then.

                I woke up not knowing what she had told me or what she was about to do. It’s been two years since I have seen them. Before then I had seen them in what seemed like a chronological order on several different occasions throughout long periods of time consisting of years. It was and still is the most memorable dreams I had because it continued many times and the place I was in… it was so odd that I couldn’t quite categorize it. It was a paradise yet a prison. But what made me ponder the most was not the girl, but how the sky… ha�"well, there wasn’t one… It was white, cloudy-like nothingness. Though as weird as it was, I want to go back. The memory of it always passes through my mind and I never gave it much thought. Perhaps with the maturity I have now than then I can possibly try talking to them? Why does this dream tend to come back? I don’t know, I just want to go back.   



© 2012 Unam


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, you have the dreams occuring again over periods of time? Anyway, I love this, it has these twists and it's well i don't know... as if I'm the dream myself just watching along with the blonde. I could picture everything from the start of intense staring to the fight. I came across this in the 100% review group, and I really think this is a nice start. Dreams are always a mystery, and they always will be won't they?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Definitely is brillant with so much potential! I will be upset if you don't continue the book as good or better then this!

Posted 12 Years Ago


WOW! I love the story as much as the style you've used to tell it. In a very intimate way, you have pulled the reader into the narrative and kept his/her attention with some very subtle turns and twists as you drop the most tantalizing details!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 22, 2012
Last Updated on January 22, 2012


Author

Unam
Unam

Snellville, GA



About
I'm a college student who've been writing since about early middle school. I enjoy a series of hobbies such as playing guitar to writing all day. I enjoy writing books of single characters who und.. more..

Writing