Quick Guide Choosing a Preschool for Your Toddler

Quick Guide Choosing a Preschool for Your Toddler

A Story by ShrutiRaj
"

When you’re planning to send your toddler to a preschool there are certain things you’d want to ensure. The following article should help you make the decision in a planned and organized way. Read on.

"
The decision to send your little one to a preschool, in itself, is a big decision to make. After all, you’ve been keeping your bundle of joy in the best conditions and always right under your nose. Trusting a bunch of outsiders to take care of them, albeit for a few hours, is certainly not an easy decision to make.















However, once you’ve made the decision to send your little one to preschool, choosing the right one is yet another challenge. While you want to ensure that the preschool is the best, you’d also want it to be close to your home as well as be within your budget. Honestly, managing to meet all these parameters, altogether, is a matter of pure luck. Most of the times, you have to negotiate on one of these three requirements to ensure your kid gets the best.

That said, here is a quick guide to choosing the best preschool for your toddler:

1. List all toddler homes in and around your area �" Begin with making a list of all the best preschools in India nearby your home. You could consult sites like mycity4kids, JustDial, YellowPages or even Google’s local search to create a list of the preschools in and around where you live.

2. Look for recommendations and suggestions �" When it comes to choosing playschools, word of mouth and references work really well. Ask your friends, relatives and neighbors for their suggestions. More often than not you’re not able to make out how the school functions on a daily basis from the mere look of it through their website or even a physical visit. This is where the suggestions and recommendations will help.

3. Keep the distance in mind �" Choosing a preschool that’s more than 30 minutes of travel is not only going to be hectic for you but will also tire your children out, if they have to spend long durations commuting. Hence, ensure that the distance of the preschool is not more than 30 minutes of travel.

4. Infrastructure is vital �" Infrastructure doesn’t imply a high-tech environment, rather spacious well ventilated rooms. It’s always recommended that the preschools be visited physically to see if the rooms are spacious, have big windows and doors. The classes should not be cramped up with too many children, it can be suffocating. They should have seating arrangements but children shouldn’t be required to keep the seats occupied throughout the classes. Remember your child needs to enjoy while learning. Don’t make the preschool a punishment for them.

5. Hygiene, facilities and Safety �" You may want to ensure that the toys are sanitized from time to time and that the food provided is hygienic. Whether they are providing healthy food or is it simply junk food is also worth noting when you visit the premises. Checking if the toilets are easily accessible and child friendly or not is yet another observation to make. And, how would they handle children who are not toilet trained? The guards should be well trained to ensure safety of the kids. Drivers and nannies should also be verified for their dependability through thorough background checks.

6. The Budget �" While your budget is certainly an important factor to keep in mind when choosing a preschool, don’t make it the prime deciding factor. If spending a little more can give you child the best care, it’s always worthwhile. The fees should not be excessively out of your budget though.

Preschool education in India is reaching maturity and there are a lot of options you may come across with attractive offers and packages. However, take the time out of your hectic routines to do a personal check rather than falling for what’s fed you. After all, it about your precious child’s welfare you’re looking at here.

What do you consider to be the most important factors to consider when choosing a preschool? Share your thoughts and opinions with us below. 

© 2014 ShrutiRaj


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on December 19, 2014
Last Updated on December 19, 2014
Tags: preschool, education, india

Author

ShrutiRaj
ShrutiRaj

Banaglore, India



About
I am an experienced blogger and content marketing specialist from India who enjoys writing on fashion and beauty tips. A graduate in fashion designing with slight tilt towards content marketing. more..

Writing