The Girl You Never Noticed

The Girl You Never Noticed

A Story by Alicia™
"

So forget about this, I guess - forget about me.

"

 You. Yes, you who is reading this. I know who you are; I know you’re reading this. Do you know who I am? No – don’t answer that – I know you don’t. I’m the girl you never noticed, even though we spent 9 years going to the same school, the same girl you said ‘hi’ to once upon a warm summer day. I remember the exact day; it was the 3rd of August. That was the first, and the last time you spoke to me, and I’ll never forget it.

 
I know you’re probably wondering who I am by now, but before you look down to see if I signed this, I might as well tell you that I didn’t, so don’t bother wasting your time. Then again, I guess I already am wasting your time, writing this to you. I typed this, then printed it, just in case you checked my handwriting. But now that I think of it, that’s impossible; you’ve never seen it. I guess I’m just paranoid, then.
 
I’m the girl who watches you every day, the same girl who hopes your pretty blond girlfriend treats you the way you deserve to be treated, and loves you as much as I love you. I see you kiss her tenderly, and I watch through the fence. The way you look at her; you must really love her. The way you stroke her cheek, it almost makes me hate her. But I musn’t – I musn’t hate her, because you love her. I guess, as long as she makes you happy, that’s all that matters, right? Right.
 
I know how your eyes sparkle when you laugh, and twinkle when you smile. I know you’re allergic to strawberries, and how you cringe every time someone mentions those little red fruits. I know how when you were 6, you ate them, and your sister jabbed an epi pen into you. I know how you screamed, and how everyone around you covered their ears.
 
Right now, you’re probably think I’m a creep – a stalker, or most likely both. I guess I am a stalker. Huh, I never thought of it that way. But no, I don’t spend every waking second spying on you. I think about you every waking second, yes, but I’d never climb into your window, spying over you like Edward Cullen does. I guess I’m the better kind of stalker, huh?  I’m probably the only girl who doesn’t fall at his feet, worshipping everything he says.
 
I guess that gives you a clue on who I am, but no matter; I’m moving tomorrow. I’m not sure why exactly I wrote this, but I guess I wanted to leave some part of me behind with you. Do whatever you want with this – keep it, throw it away, burn it, leave it in a drawer forgotten – I don’t know, and I actually don’t really care.
 
So, forget about this, I guess – forget about me. Now that I’m leaving, I guess I’ll never bother you with something like this again. Go on, carry on living the life you had before you read this. Go on, with your pretty blond girlfriend. I wish both of you all the best.
 
But before I sign off, I promise you I’ll try my best to get over you, but I also promise to never forget you. I’m not sure if it’s possible, but I’ll die trying.
 
Love,
The girl you never noticed

© 2009 Alicia™


Author's Note

Alicia™
A letter from a girl to the boy she loves, who doesn't even know she exists.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so sad but had some wonderful parts in the poem

Keep Writing

Dalebear

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A sad piece no doubt but filled with wonderful images.

Posted 14 Years Ago


in a bit of a round about way i can relate to some bits of this. its good but i think that perhaps another paragraph should be added. this girl loves someone who has not only never really noticed her but has a girlfreind already and shes moving away. she is going to feel some emotional pain and i think that should be the focus of the extra paragraph if you add one.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love this a lot. I felt so angry and heartbroken like it was me writing to that guy. This is a very different writing. Really good!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is unusual but i enjoyed it its sweet and innocent i'll keep it in mind

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love it. It kind of reminds me of, well, me. Keep up the great work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very relatable. It's amazing how many great writing is so sad. Keep up the great work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh this is great. Its SO sad, I can totally relate. It is filled with so much that meaning leaves you wondering "what if?" But "what if's" don't mean as much...what is meaningful -is what did happen. And what did is that a sad love that could never be, somehow inspired something this beautiful.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

393 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 30, 2009
Last Updated on September 30, 2009

Author

Alicia™
Alicia™

Where dreamers reside



About
Hello, everyone! I don't think I really need to say my name, but I love getting to know people, so feel free to leave me a message. One thing though: please don't send me read requests for books or.. more..

Writing
Galaxy Galaxy

A Poem by Alicia™


Beyond You Beyond You

A Poem by Alicia™



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chasing Chasing

A Story by Alicia™