Hollow Reflection

Hollow Reflection

A Story by Alicia™
"

And once again, she left, even though she was right there.

"

 Once, there was a girl who danced under the stars, as they shown down on her, as if she was made to dance. No one could help but gasp in awe at her, at every fluid movement she made. She was beautiful, too. Her ocean blue eyes sparkled under the sunlight, and her jet black hair reflected rainbows, leaving an imprint in everyone who ever saw her.

 
One day, she just stopped. Nobody knew why, and no one spoke of it, but from that day on, not one word passed from her lips, and not one beat of music entered her ears. She wore her hair down, long and loose. She never laughed that melodious laugh everyone loved. Even when she smiled – or tried to – they never reached her eyes. She was just a weak, hollow reflection of the girl that had been.
 
Then, just as suddenly as the world had lost her, she came back. Her smile, her laughter, and her dancing. It was as if she’d never left.
 
With her, now came a boy. To her, he was her sunshine, around which she gravitated, and she knew that he was he only reason she came back. He danced with her, under the cover of the moonlight. He showed her his world, and she showed him hers.
 
She told him she loved him, and she knew in every fiber of her being that it was the truth, and nothing less. But this boy; the one she loved so much, he never repeated those words to her, month after month, year after year. And yet, she continued to love him, though she often asked herself if he needed her half as much as she needed him. His presence was addicted, and she clung onto him like a drug addict.
 
But one day, after all these had been said and done, he vanished. She threw herself into searching for him, every second, and every day, but he never showed, and once again, she left, even though she was right there.
 

© 2009 Alicia™


Author's Note

Alicia™
I've never really tried anything like this, so excuse me if it's a little off. Critiques would be very much appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Awesome poem, I love it!!! Its really sad but beautiful and a great analogy. I enjoyed reading it.

Only a couple tiny things I noticed...I think that:

"He showed her his world, and she showed her his." should be: "He showed her his world, and she showed him hers."

"His presence was addicted, and she clung on to him like a drug addict." should be: "His presence was addictive, and she clung onto him like a drug addict."

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Good write

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
--
Great analogy, very descriptive without being cheesy. I love the way you break up the text, you use commas often but not so much it is irritating.

I can't stop wondering what happened the first time she went hollow. Did he leave her twice?

Posted 14 Years Ago


OMG.
Favorite one of yours, I think

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love the premise. Pleaseee continue the story, or give more details, or something. I want more though :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome poem, I love it!!! Its really sad but beautiful and a great analogy. I enjoyed reading it.

Only a couple tiny things I noticed...I think that:

"He showed her his world, and she showed her his." should be: "He showed her his world, and she showed him hers."

"His presence was addicted, and she clung on to him like a drug addict." should be: "His presence was addictive, and she clung onto him like a drug addict."

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This piece drew my attention and the flow was superb. I love the line that he was her sunshine around which she gravitated. This was expressed splendidly! Don't be afraid to dabble in this again. Well done! Keep it up!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 9, 2009
Last Updated on October 15, 2009

Author

Alicia™
Alicia™

Where dreamers reside



About
Hello, everyone! I don't think I really need to say my name, but I love getting to know people, so feel free to leave me a message. One thing though: please don't send me read requests for books or.. more..

Writing
Galaxy Galaxy

A Poem by Alicia™


Beyond You Beyond You

A Poem by Alicia™



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Simply Simply

A Poem by Alicia™