Not This Time

Not This Time

A Chapter by Alicia™
"

Based on Jesse McCartney's Right Where You Want Me.

"

“Sir?”

 
Ritchie snapped out of a recap of his Friday to look at the scruffy bartender with a raised eyebrow.
 
“Your martini sir,” he replied, indicating to the glass in on the marble counter.
 
“Oh. Thanks.”
 
He turned around to walk away, but a tug on his rolled up sleeves stopped him.
 
“Sir? Are you going to pay?”
 
“Oh, sorry. What was the cost again?” he asked distractedly, but before Alex – or at least that’s what Ritchie thought his scratched nametag read – could reply, he tossed the money to him.
 
He sauntered off to find somewhere to spend what was left of this day, and probably some of the next. But just as he was about to lean on the side of a wall, he saw an old friend of his; Mandy.
 
“Hey, mind if I sit down?”
“Actually, I do mind. I’ve had one hell of a day and the last thing I need is someone bothering me.”
 
Ritchie smiled when he saw the familiar crease that always showed in her forehead when she was stressed – or, in this case, annoyed. She hadn’t changed a bit, personality wise, even though she looked nothing like the gangly, freckled-faced 14 year old girl he knew.

Girl, there’s something ‘bout me you ought to know,
Always held it back and played it slow,
But not this time…
 
He grinned nonchalantly and sat down all the same.
 
“So, how have you been, Dy?” he asked, taking a big gulp from his glass.
 
“I told you not to call me that,” she said through gritted teeth, glaring at him from the corner of a bloodshot eye.
 
Ritchie smiled as memories of her hitting him flooded back, and titled the rest of the contents of his glass into his mouth and swallowed.

Baby, take me on a journey
I've been thinking lately
I could use a little time alone with you…
 
Mandy sighed and looked him in the eye. "What is it that you want?”
 
“Oh, nothing. I just figured I’d come over here, waste the rest of the night… That is, until I saw you,” he replied, winking at the end.

Crazy, let's do something, maybe.
Please don't take your time,
You got me,
Right where you want me…
 
“You do realize I’m not in the best mood right now, right?” she said, with a raised eyebrow.
 
“And what is it exactly that’s bothering you?” he asked.
 
“Well, for starters, you,” she began. “Then, of course, there’s the fact that my boyfriend – no – my fiancé of 3 freaking long years broke up with me over a damn phone call!”
 
She paused to inhale a long breath from the cigarette she was holding.
 
“All the d****e said was that he was moving. Nothing else! Not even a goodbye or anything.”
 
“Ah, and now you’ve got a broken heart, I suppose? Came here to forget about him,” Ritchie said, interrupting her rant. “Find a new guy, make him jealous.”
 
“Good guess,” said Mandy, pouring a bit of whatever it was she was drinking into her mouth. “But no. Someone who breaks a relationship like the one we had over a mere phone call doesn’t deserve any tears,” she concluded.
 
“Well, what do you say,” started Ritchie. “You come with me? We can go somewhere – anywhere. We can drive to another state for all you want.”

Baby, take me on a journey.
I've been thinking lately,
I could use a little time alone with you…
 
She stared at him incredulously, but he stayed where he was, never moving beyond the slow, constant rise and fall of his chest.
 
“You know what? That sounds good. Let’s go!”
“What?! Now?”
 
It was Ritchie’s turn to look at Mandy like she was crazy this time.
 
“Look, you wanna go or not?”
 
Mandy tapped the table twice with her carefully manicured nails and looked at him impatiently, then grabbed her sleek leather bag.
 
“I see someone’s impatient to leave,” said Ritchie, with a sly twinkle in his eye. “Excellent.”
 


© 2009 Alicia™


Author's Note

Alicia™
Rated PG-13 for mild language.

Sorry in advance for the long A/N. I'm nervous because I haven't written a longish story in a while due to a really bad case of writers' block. This part (1 of 2) is a songfic for Jesse McCartney's Right Where You Want Me.

Thanks to my friend Ritchie aka @hemispheric on Twitter for letting me use his name.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! That was an awesome write! The characters seemed so real, including their personalities and the dialogue between them. I loved the detail you put into this story; everything from the scratched nametag, to Mandy's cigarette. This was a really sweet portrayal of Jesse McCartney's song, and the tension and chemistry between Ritchie and Mandy was so exciting, that I look forward to seeing where their journey will take them next!
~PaperHearts

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Good write

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like that song frm Jsse Mcartney. i haven't heard it in a while though. Anyway, great first chapter i can see wat u were talking about in ur summary about how these two don't like each other.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mmm I love it! This is fantastic. Its exciting and dark and I immediately care for the characters. There's no tacky language to put me off. I'm excited to read more of this, please do continue!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! That was an awesome write! The characters seemed so real, including their personalities and the dialogue between them. I loved the detail you put into this story; everything from the scratched nametag, to Mandy's cigarette. This was a really sweet portrayal of Jesse McCartney's song, and the tension and chemistry between Ritchie and Mandy was so exciting, that I look forward to seeing where their journey will take them next!
~PaperHearts

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brilliant!
This really does match the song, lmao.
I can't contain myself ufngiufrheujtrjoihrwj.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

456 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 26, 2009
Last Updated on November 26, 2009


Author

Alicia™
Alicia™

Where dreamers reside



About
Hello, everyone! I don't think I really need to say my name, but I love getting to know people, so feel free to leave me a message. One thing though: please don't send me read requests for books or.. more..

Writing
Galaxy Galaxy

A Poem by Alicia™


Beyond You Beyond You

A Poem by Alicia™