Too Naive

Too Naive

A Poem by Alicia™
"

I thought that we were forever.

"
I remember the days
When it was just you and me.
The days when we laughed together,
When we shared every second in the arms of
Each other,
And every thought of mine
Was linked to yours.
 
The way our fingers intertwined
Was the same way
Our destinies were;
Yours in mine,
And mine in yours.
 
Then one day you just
Disappeared.
You left without a goodbye,
And with me lying broken
In that patch of grass
Beneath the old apple tree
That we spent
Countless memories in.
 
I thought that we were forever,
And that you meant it when you said
You loved me.
But I was just
All too naïve.
 

 

© 2009 Alicia™


Author's Note

Alicia™
I'm not really sure about this, but I just couldn't let it go, so here it is. Critiques would be much appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Words seem to lose value when spoken in not in truth. A very good poem. Started with hope and happiness. Ended with sadness. You are not naive. People who open their heart for real will find happiness one day. I like the ending. You create a outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Words seem to lose value when spoken in not in truth. A very good poem. Started with hope and happiness. Ended with sadness. You are not naive. People who open their heart for real will find happiness one day. I like the ending. You create a outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You reviewed my poem, so you know I am writing motherhood poems right now. This seemed really sweet as a parent/child poem, which made it more unique, rather than a boy/girl poem, which there are countless of. Just a thought.
It has some good strong lines and images... if you honed and expanded those and dropped some of the weaker ones... these are the ones that touched me...
these last two lines of the first stanza...
And every thought of mine
Was linked to yours. sooooo, what is this like? can you describe it more?

This second stanza is great! you might develop it more, use more description...
The way our fingers intertwined
Was the same way
Our destinies were;
Yours in mine,
And mine in yours.

this image is fantastic!! this is the strength of the whole poem!! can you do this throughout your poem? this is what shows me you are really a poet!
In that patch of grass
Beneath the old apple tree
That we spent
Countless memories in.

this last stanza is really weak and disappointing after what has come before it... I would get rid of it and think back to those images... the hand & apple tree are images we can see that symbolize this love... what images can you find that SHOWS us how it feels to be left? show us, don't tell... if you can do this, this poem will be great! I can't review a poem unless there is something great there to begin with, so it is a compliment that I had so much to say! I believe a poem is never finished... I hope you keep working on this and I would love to see what you do!
I thought that we were forever,
And that you meant it when you said
You loved me.
But I was just
All too naïve.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a sweet and lovely poem

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is sweet and innocent, a beautiful worded poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is an awesome write. I personally think that it's great just the way it is. Maybe it's because I'm kind of in this situation right now and so I can relate to it really well..*shrug*
But anyway, great write. I can't wait to read more of your work :)
~Lauren

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it maybe it could use more description??Just a thought. Maybe I am biased because of my current situation but I kinda like it, could probably use some work though.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 11, 2009
Last Updated on December 25, 2009

Author

Alicia™
Alicia™

Where dreamers reside



About
Hello, everyone! I don't think I really need to say my name, but I love getting to know people, so feel free to leave me a message. One thing though: please don't send me read requests for books or.. more..

Writing
Galaxy Galaxy

A Poem by Alicia™


Beyond You Beyond You

A Poem by Alicia™





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5