Bubbly

Bubbly

A Story by Alicia™
"

"Cause every time you hold me in your arms, I'm comfortable enough to feel your warmth…"

"
I was reading a book when I heard a ringing and reached over from my bed to the table beside me and flipped my phone open to check the caller ID; I was still getting used to the new ringtones I’d assigned everyone. It was Chris, my boyfriend. I grinned widely at the picture that showed up. Gosh that boy was cute. I’d been waiting for this call all day! He’d just come back after a week of being away on a family vacation. A whole week without Chris! I was just happy that I managed to survive.

I've been awake for a while now
You've got me feelin' like a child now
'Cause every time I see your bubbly face
I get the tinglees in a silly place

“Hey Kay, what’re you up to?”
“I’m just reading something, how about you?”

I glanced down at the book that lay on my lap �" Just Listen by Sarah Dessen.

“I was just… thinking about you,” he replied. I heard that little giggle at the end that made me fall in love with him. “I missed you sweetie.”

I looked up to check the time; it was about 1:30am. Man, time goes by fast when you’re reading. At least I got through those last few hours of waiting for him to call fast enough. As I looked above my window, I noticed the raindrops that were falling outside and smiled. Chris loved to play in the rain.

“I missed you too, Chris. So, how was the trip to the big apple?”
“It was awesome! My sisters wanted to go shopping, so I followed them… it actually wasn’t all that bad! We did a whole bunch of other stuff, too.”
“Sounds like it was a whole lot of fun!”
“It was! I can’t wait to tell you all about it.”

The excitement in his voice travelled through the phone and reached me. I was getting more and more impatient to see him in the morning.

It starts in my toes
And I crinkle my nose

“Kay, could you uhm… come downstairs? It’s getting kinda cold here.”
“What?!”
“I said it’s kinda cold.”

“I mean, what are you doing down there?” I hissed at him in excitement.

“Freezing is what I’m doing!”
“Right, sorry.”

A couple of minutes later I’d managed to open �" and close �" the door without waking anyone but my sister’s dog. Now Chris and I lay on my bed, looking up at my ceiling where I’d stuck glow in the dark stars when I was little. I’d named my little constellation Dots back then. What?!? I was about 5!

The rain was getting stronger now, and I could hear the thunder some way off. Chris pulled me closer to him when I winced at the lightning that flashed outside my window.

The rain is fallin' on my window pane
But we are hidin' in a safer place
Under the covers stayin' safe and warm
You give me feelings that I adore

“You know, the whole time I was in New York I was thinking of you,” he said, before he pressed his lips gently to my forehead. “I missed you a whole lot more than I thought I would.”

“Really?” I asked, wanting to hear his voice again.

“Yeah, I did. It’s not the same without you, you know,” he said. “I love you.”

I smiled blissfully in his arms.

They start in my toes
Make me crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes
I always know
That you make me smile
Please stay for a while now
Just take your time
Wherever you go

I looked up into those beautiful blue eyes that I loved so much and imagined how they’d look under the sun, with the light reflecting of those gorgeous colors.

What am I gonna say
When you make me feel this way?
I just, mmm

“I love you too, Chris.”

A yawn came, and I tried to stifle it, but Chris noticed before I could swallow it down. I guess I was more tired than I’d thought.

“You’re tired, Kay. Tell you what; I’ll see you tomorrow, okay? I know where the keys are, and I’ll put them back in the flower bed,” he suggested. He started to turn away to leave, but I pulled him back towards me.

“No, don’t go. I- I’m not tired,” I protested, blinking hard.

He kissed me on the nose first, before kissing me gently on the lips, making chills run through me, and I took it as him agreeing to stay. Chris started to sing my favorite song to me, and I closed my eyes, falling asleep to his voice with his arms wrapped around me.

I’ve been asleep for a while now
You tucked me in just like a child now
'Cause every time you hold me in your arms
I'm comfortable enough to feel your warmth

It starts in my soul
And I lose all control
When you kiss my nose
The feelin' shows
'Cause you make me smile
Baby just take your time now
Holdin' me tight

Wherever, wherever, where ever you go
Wherever, wherever, where ever you go…

© 2010 Alicia™


Author's Note

Alicia™
This story is based on Colbie Caillat's song Bubbly (song lyrics are italiced), which explains the title. It's just meant to be a cute, feel good story; nothing much. Didn't take me all that long to write it… Less than an hour, maybe, so excuse me if there's some imperfection in it. Gotta say it's the most fun I've had writing in a while! Get a nice warm mug of cocoa, have fun and smile while you're reading it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Such a warm, sweet, fun story! You made me smile, and I gotta say it again, it's sooo sweet! I love how you put in some lyrics after a few paragraph, it makes us fall into your story, it's really a good song :)

I love it so much! How fun is it! I really enjoy reading the whole story form the very start! A cute story!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Such blissful and full of warmth story. Kind of funny to me. The image are flowing out as I'm reading scene and scene. Your story fight me down a smile(while I'm still kind of chuckling now...), it's really sweet one, I love it. I also love the way how you separate the lyrics between paragraph and paragraph, this can capture more readers attention to the story, a brilliant one too.( I was wondering how the song is like when I combine it with the lyrics...). A pretty fun story, love it so much.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Warm,funny story...

Posted 12 Years Ago


awww, that little story just made me feel really happy! Would like to commend you on a lovely, well written story!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Such a warm, sweet, fun story! You made me smile, and I gotta say it again, it's sooo sweet! I love how you put in some lyrics after a few paragraph, it makes us fall into your story, it's really a good song :)

I love it so much! How fun is it! I really enjoy reading the whole story form the very start! A cute story!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good write

Posted 13 Years Ago


The formatting of the paragraphs is a little off. Like, you've tried to stick to two different ways, and it just makes it look a little funny. You could space it all out like you've done mostly, so having the dialogue also like:

"blah blah blah."

"blah blah blah." - Because then it's consistent with the rest of the formatting. Or, you could have everything tight together like in a book e.g

“Hey Kay, what’re you up to?”
“I’m just reading something, how about you?” I glanced down at the book that lay on my lap " Just Listen by Sarah Dessen.
“I was just… thinking about you,” he replied. I heard that little giggle at the end that made me fall in love with him. “I missed you sweetie.” I looked up to check the time; it was about 1:30am.

Bring all the text together like that, and then have the lyrics separated out like you've done up there.

Other than that, it's a sweet little story. :]

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. This was fun, sweet, and the kind of story that made you go 'awwwww' a lot of times while you're reading it. It fit a lot with the song. There's just this teeny tiny very small thing that concerns me:

I was reading a book when I heard a ringing and reached over from my bed to the table beside me and flipped my phone open to check the caller ID; ...

I think it's too much in one sentence; you could've put signs in between.
As I said, just a small thing. Other than that, you did an overall good job[:



Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice story, goes very well with the song. Music is a great way to get inspired to write. Helps set a mood. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Haha i did love it. And its raining here too so I totally had the atmosphere for it. Very cute and innocent story. Loved it =]

P.s. Just listen is pretty good! I liked along for the ride and the truth about forever the most. =]

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lol this is deffinately a cute story i love how you add the lyrics of the song within the story itself

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

728 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 2, 2010
Last Updated on May 2, 2010

Author

Alicia™
Alicia™

Where dreamers reside



About
Hello, everyone! I don't think I really need to say my name, but I love getting to know people, so feel free to leave me a message. One thing though: please don't send me read requests for books or.. more..

Writing
Galaxy Galaxy

A Poem by Alicia™


Beyond You Beyond You

A Poem by Alicia™