Adam and Eve

Adam and Eve

A Story by Sigyn_Laufeyson
"

In 2048 when the Earth died.

"
"I read somewhere a long time ago, that humanity began in a garden and I see no reason to break with tradition." He was talking more to himself rather to her it wouldn't have mattered anyway she couldn't have understood what he was saying, "Adam" He decided forgo the rest of his name as not to overwhelm the newborn.
Technically she was but she wasn't the normal, bouncing, baby girl at eight pounds and nineteen inches  She was already grown at five feet four inches. She was the first human created since the world died and so to all biological creatures.
"Can you say Adam?"
She watched his lips intently as he said his name.
Her mouth hung open as she tried but failed. She could not make her voice work.
"That's okay."
The newly created Human started to sit up. She looked at her hands, her body, her hair "I think, I'll call you Eve." He said as he wrapped silk garment around her naked body, "Can you say Eve?"
She sighed, she didn't even try this time.
"That's okay, Eve." 
She looked at him with questioning eyes. Her attention was drawn to his hands.
"We are not the same."
She made a noise like a protest as she played with his hand between them. Adam took something thin; something silver; something shiny. He cut into his arm deep enough to get his other hand under the skin flap and ripped it away revealing a metal skeleton, "Android" He said and thumped his chest. He pointed to her, "Human."
He could see the confusion in her eyes. He took her arm and pressed the blade to Eve's inside elbow. When it started to hurt she ripped her arm out of his grip.
"Human." He said and pointed to her, "Understand?"
Eve looked at his finger and she opened the rest of his fingers and pressed her palm against his own palm and smiled.
Adam sighed, "Of course not." He turned his back to her, "This will be harder than I thought.'
While his back was turned Eve hopped off the examination table.
 

© 2017 Sigyn_Laufeyson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good - this short piece has a very atmospheric feeling of mystery about it. You have hinted at things but we are not given the details. Do you mean this to be part of a longer story? The image of the newly created human testing her voice is very strong. I think your second sentence needs some punctuation to carry the sense.
Very interesting writing!
Well done
Alan

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Added on January 17, 2017
Last Updated on March 21, 2017

Author

Sigyn_Laufeyson
Sigyn_Laufeyson

My home is with Loki, TX



About
Everyone needs a job even a Goddess. I have now earned 6 braids. more..

Writing