The Relationship between Life and Gaming

The Relationship between Life and Gaming

A Story by Siimran K Juneja
"

While running in the marathon of life, I realized the relationship between Gaming and Life. Its right to say that life teaches you anything, anywhere. Do give a read!

"

In this era of digitalization, when I look at my younger brother who loves to play online games like Temple Run, Angry Bird, Subway Suffers, etc., I realize that he understands life in a better manner than I couldn’t when I was of his age.

Life and these online games are so similar. We as players in the game, keep on running for a goal. That goal can be to earn coins, to make a score or maybe complete a stage. Similarly, in life, we keep on running to achieve our ambition, passion and what not. In the game, there are so many turns and so are in life as well. Our path of life keeps on giving us turns which bring new challenges with it. In the game, we get different boosts like getting a magnet, flying, etc., i.e. the small-term help which helps us to achieve more score in the game. Similarly, in life, we get small-term help in the form of friends, books, internet, etc. which help in achieving our goal of life.


Life and these online games are so similar to each other. Understanding and learning about life from them is so beautiful. In these games, every stage has a different challenge which you accomplish to enter another stage. In life, these stages are actually the different phases which bring new challenges with them which we have to accomplish to succeed in life. But, the only difference that our life has in the world of today, while these games don’t is that sometimes in life, we run to prove others that we are the best whereas in gaming that’s not the case.


We play a game because we want to play. We run in the game because we like to run for the coins. And when we don’t want to play the game, we stop playing or pause it. But that’s not in the case of life. Sometimes in life, we run because others are running. In life, we can’t pause the game of life. Especially in this competitive world of today, we don’t pause our game. And that’s where things are different.


But now the question arises that how can we pause? Is there any solution? While running in this game of life, all of us get tired at some phase/ all of us feel like leaving our game but we don’t have that option.


So, don’t pause, just slow down. While trying to compete with the society and people, try to compete with yourself and beat your own score. This game of life is our game; we are running in it, we are playing it. So play this game for yourself, not for others. One cannot stop or pause the game; we can slow down and enjoy the beauty of this game of life.      

© 2018 Siimran K Juneja


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on August 5, 2018
Last Updated on August 5, 2018
Tags: Life, Gaming, Relationships

Author

Siimran K Juneja
Siimran K Juneja

new delhi, delhi, India



About
a random writer who expresses her thoughts and feeling here. hope u be a part of it!!! more..

Writing