Caught

Caught

A Story by anna
"

A short story, about a girl out of place in her dystopian world.

"
Gazing upon the painted sky of a burnt orange, and blood red clashing carelessly against the dull, pale blue. A cool breeze suddenly arises drifting swiftly in the air leaving a trail of drug induced sweet nectar scent filling my lungs and carrying me to nothing as my eyes flutter shut, trying to resist the temptation of somber, but in the end I give into its will. As I endlessly float through the pitch black, trying to collect my thoughts about where I am. I feel the sudden surge of gravity sucking my body violently back down to an enclosed room, where I sit, there helplessly staring at four large, white walls that mock me in silence. I scramble to my feet, running to each wall pounding, pounding, and pounding till bruises formed, along with screaming and crying out of desperation to find an escape or at least be heard, but with all of my attempts of fighting and resisting has wilted me into a puppet doll that is perfect on the outside, but the soul slowly rotting away inside forever.
As I lay motionless in a corner with spider like silk string spewing from my back connecting all limbs causing it to restrict all my movement. I stare blankly at white, but had my vision yanked abruptly to look up at the blur of light. Questioning what that light could be I feel the curiosity being struck through me once again, giving me the strength to control my right arm and reach to my back grouping all the strings and with one sharp move extracting all the strings at once.I howled in pain as my encased body crumbles away to nothingness and my soul rejuvenated with life bolts through the ceiling towards the blur of light. Growing closer and closer, I stretched out my arm, palm ready to snatch anything, I dissolve one with the light.
When the ball light started to become materialized, I noticed that night has fallen and my city has ceased for today except for night police that patrol for any night walkers. I have no concern of being located, since I’ve found a small hole in the city’s wall to a great big pasture that open and has a great view of the lake. I often come here at dawn to look at the the desolated land located across the lake that stretches to an abundant forest. I wonder what is over there. I wonder why I am here and not there…
“Why is it that I have these kind of thoughts,” I whispered to myself. But as soon the words left my mouth a mysterious and ominous figured emerged from hole and distanced themselves on the shadows provided by the trees. With a low grumbling voice the started to say, “You know what will happen if they find you wanting to know more…You're just mere stupid women, maybe not even that! But continuing on with our little talk, shall we” as they presented themselves from the shadows with a evil smirk, I was in complete aghast. It was them. “...the Shadowers” I said while standing petrified. With a granted satisfaction planted on the Shadower’s face, he continued to speak “ Identification number: 8756, Name: Sara Mcalon, Age: 17, Sex: Female, Under investigation: 5 years.. Arrested: 2 Times for curfew. It also says that you been sent to the capital of correction 4 times… Mhm,Very interesting. Well it looks like we will have to do just a bit more this time so the message stays.” As soon the words left the devils mouth, I felt two rough grab my arms and slam me to the ground causing a ringing in my head. Still in a daze, I felt the sharp needle go in the nape of my neck as the serum slowly released its toxins into my body. Now the drug circulating in my body, causing me to go limb and faint. From this point I can only guess that I am passed out and is being taken away by these demons
Here in this society or shall I call it's proper name, Rovuntery. Rovuntery is what you would call a Utopia, but of course there is no such thing. The only perfect world that Rovuntery could be is that it could suffice all the needs of the citizens and not just a couple of old coop's dream. Living here is rather simple, follow the rules and DON'T BE DIFFERENT, that's all. Well at least they portray that way, anyway as motto says "Clear the queer for those who don't shall be stricken with fear!," it even has a nice jingle that echoes 12 times, each hour, well except at night. So now who are the shadowers. The shadowers are a "secret" organization that an elite group, not much is known about them, since as rumors say they wipe your memory of ever meeting them. Anyway, their job is to watch everyone in this society, from government worker to the beggars on the street. On a side note, you'd think they wouldn't have poverty in a perfect, wealthy society. Well to be truthful, the government doesn't care for the who aren't 'pure.' To be pure, you have to be puppet, lifeless, beautiful, ignorant, wealthy, never been sent to the capital, or have a record. And this where the shadowers come in to make the pure don't breed or associate with the affected. Shadowers essentially control the society, even though most people believe the loving, peaceful government are in control. Well they are complete imbeciles for believing the lies. Lies that consist of how we are the only surviving society in order, we are not war, we are not facing poverty, and they don't use violence at all. Again, all wrong. Shadowers they come and hunt people like me who want to escape from this hell.
As the haul my limp body into a chair and strapped me down with rough, leather straps encasing my body. Violently being shared to draw me out my forced sleep, they then set a pair of headphones on my head blearing "don't think, don't see, don't think, don't see, don't think, be one with starlight, be on with starlight, you don't want to escape, you don't want to escape, you are our children, your soul and life are meant to be ours." Shaking my head furiously trying to yank off the headphones, their conclusion was to again strap my head. I don't know how much time has passed with this propaganda blearing to head that just now sounds like a jumble of words and my lips slowly repeating the line. Showing satisfaction with the results this far, they removed the headphones and up strapping the bindings and dragging me to another chair where I sit in front a small white backdrop displaying images of the outside world, how crazy and uncivilized the affected people truly are. In all honestly all these images intrigued me, I would love to visit outside of these walls and never return. Continuing on with the images that seemed to play for hours, they whirled my into another room, but this was a dark room with a single bulb Hanging what seemed to be from nothing, but either it's dull yellowish glow highlighting the white table followed by two lonesome black plastic chairs.
Steadily walking to chair, taking in every detail I could. Inhaling as much air I could manage to catch as the chairs screeching echoes throughout the room. I guess this was the interview. As another man different from those who slammed the propaganda down my throat, this one looked liked he was the official government leaders. With bald hair and stern look, he sat down not saying a word. Clearing his throat, he began to speak.
"Sara, number 8756, do you know why you are in here?" He said while analyzing some papers.
"Like I'd tell you," I said coley, and felt a sharp pain go up my body.
"Guess you realized the little shock we gave you, good, good, glad to see it works, now lets try this question again" the bald man stated again in a monoton.
"Like I Said I won't tell you," another shock came but it felt at higher voltage this time and it left my body numb for a few seconds.
"One more ti-" he said,
"No!" I said loudly cutting him off and a large bolt of electricity hit causing my body to react by slamming it into the table.
"Why do you this my child, what have we done to displease you?" He said with a hint of empathy in voice. I had no response, I just glared from him my position the table. That seemed to displease him, so with a shaking head, he notion to some in the shadows and another wave of electricity increasing by the second. "Damn you..." I said as my body jerked up and I howled in pain, but all he responded was "it doesn't have to be this way, Sara, just answer my questions and things will go smoothly and we can start the correction."
"Let's try this again, why do wanna leave this society?" He said.
For a few moments, I chose not to answer, and saw his hand go up and motioned to raise the electricity again, and as chair warm up to electrocute me once more, the had another guy and extend the chair back and had surgical tools in hand. This terrified me, so I began yelling "Stop! Stop! I will tell you why!"
"Good." Was all the man said in front of me.
"I want.. To.. Leave this society because you do these kind of treatments to people! You think you can control everyone and make them into a perfect? Huh! Well you are wrong, you think you are doing the right thing, but when people come out of this building, the become zombies muttering, 'I must not see nor think, I am one with starlight.' And that's all they do, they have no sense of ambition, even though perfects are able to even do that, even though they are so dumb. On another note what wrong with being different?" I said, but got no reply from the man that seemed to stare blankly at me and ignoring all my words. So I continued "You believe that being different is a disease, be it thought, ideas or sometimes even color of people's skin, anyone who is different that doesn't go along with the government standards, they either have to get surgery to 'correct' their flaw, or have to be sent to a re-training program building, like I am in right now, but those who are lucky enough to they get thrown out, with a public banishment ceremony. Honestly this society is on big fai-" as I said I felt the chair lunged back and the man with surgical supplies and started to yank out my far right back moler in my mouth. As he ripped my tooth out with no medication, I sat there crying in pain.
"My, my you had a mouthful to say, but let me rebuttal all those my dear. Her in this society we have reason on why we do things. I might well tell all of them since we're going to be wiping your memory. Here in this society we focus on the successful people who don't argue back, they simply just do. And that is what we like. But people like you for an example are simply misfits, but are still beneficial to the community working meager jobs because we still want you to feel the society's love, but cannot reach it at the levels of pure because you are forever infected with that mindset." He said.
"If you we are forever infected, why keep us around. We are just a detrimental to the society anyway. You're just condri-" and again I felt the chair move back and another moler removed from the left side again.
"We are a simple community of love and peace, we value everyone." He replied.
"Then why are-" the chaired hauled me back again the slimy man's finger went in there and removed another moler from the top right side from my mouth. As the chaired came back to the table, I coughed up blood and still trying to fight back tears, but couldn't hold back and was just sat there hands to my check.
"Poor 8675, here you act all tough and mighty and think this arguing is going to lead a change in society. Again you're wrong. So going back to our little talk. We choose we want to belong in this society me we correct their behavior to a simple and dull personality that is filled with the guidance of starlight to their hearts and that is enough to fill their little minds. Ah, but I can see the question already popping in your head. What if the behavior comes back? Well let me share. What we do is set implants in the brain that monitors the brainwave pattern and with the wonderful technology created here in Rovuntery, we are can recognize any unusual thought process and send different frequency to the brain to block that train of thought and simply people just forget. But we like to take it a step further. We also consistently play that great jungle that everyone loves and force you to church like mass for two hours day to get that personal connection with the starlight lord. Now I must end our little chat and have made my decision of doing full reconstruction you." As the bald man said that, he spun on his heel and walked away into the abyss and two men coming behind me to tighten the straps that held me to the chair and all I remember was a white flash.
Where am I? Who am I? Why are all these wires in me? I thought to myself and was greeted with a nice man. He was bald but has sincere smile. "Hello Sara, welcome. I am Professor Fesso and I am one of the people assigned to check in how you are doing."
"Oh! What an honor Professor Fesso. I am glad I am in very capable hands."
"Ah yes you are my dear, it seems that the starlight God has made blessings on you my child."
"Really!" I raised my head up and said, "Oh thank you all mighty starlight, I am forever grateful for your mercy you have shown on me."
"The gods have heard your prayers my dear and will also be beside you. They have done a great job. But now rest my dear, soon you will journey into this wonderful society once more!" With that said Professor Fesso left and closed the door behind him.
Happy as I can be, I let the drug induced chemicals run through my body through strings connects all over me and let my body drift away to nothing as I sit hear tangled in cords I. Just a white room.

© 2015 anna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on December 3, 2015
Last Updated on December 3, 2015
Tags: Dystopian, story, short, shortstory, girl, bad, descriptive

Author

anna
anna

TX



About
Hello there, I welcome you to my profile. Let me tell you about my self. I am Anna,born on July 21st and 16. Poetry and any other writing is one of my passions I love to do, i also do some photography.. more..

Writing
Good Bye Good Bye

A Poem by anna


Dying Escape. Dying Escape.

A Poem by anna