The Perfect Servant: A Cinderella Story

The Perfect Servant: A Cinderella Story

A Story by SilentNiaAngel
"

A Short Cinderella Story...... Instead of a Glass slippers it's a Bracelet

"

 

The Perfect Servant

 

Chapter 1: The Perfect Stranger

 

                I watch as my stepmother and stepsister step out of the carriage. They pulled the tails of their dress along the pavement making their way to the door. They gave off a sense of pride with their head and chin held high in the air. They walked past the maids not even sharing a glance with them. The maids nodded their heads as an acknowledgment. Like they were no better than us, I thought.

 

                It bothered me to watch my stepsister Lena Degrassi wear all the dresses my mother left for me. I hate when she’s done wearing them she sends them to the tunnel where they burn old, useless artifacts. She doesn’t care about how it affects me.

 

                After my father died my whole world turned upside down. My old bedroom was given to Lena while I was sent to the attic. Everything I own was given to Lena except this bracelet my mother gave to me on her death bed. They thought it to be old fashioned and ugly.

 

                I thought it was a beautiful bracelet. It was silver with an ornament hanging from it and a locket on it with a picture of my mother and father in it. I held this small piece of jewelry close to my heart after their deaths.

 

                Even though I wasn’t treated like a princess by my stepmother and stepsister, the servants took me under their wing and treated me like gold. That did please me for a while but I missed my old life where I would go out into the field and play with the animals and my maid Marcia. I would run into the house and play with the other servants and maids. I smiled to myself thinking about those days when I was free and happy. I just wish I could rewind time and go back to my happier days.

 

                “Amiria get here this instant!” Katherine, my stepmother, exclaimed in anger. I stopped everything and quickly bound up the steps to her bedroom only to find Lena crying on the floor. A dress was thrown over the sofa with wine covering every inch excluding the hem.

 

                “Why is there wine all over my daughter’s gown? She’s supposed to wear this to her friend’s engagement dinner party tonight!” She shouted at me

 

                “I didn’t do it Madam” I mumbled loud enough for her to hear. “It was in your room on your bed with a glass of wine” she retorted slowly walking towards me. “Madam, I don’t know how that happened I was in the kitchen all day” I replied holding my head down suddenly finding my dirty shoes interesting.

 

                “You’re lying! Mr. Luke said he saw you running in your room with the glass of wine!” Her anger was more than clear at this point. I took my eyes away from my shoes and stared at her in shock and then glancing towards Luke who was standing at the window, his back facing us.         

 

                “I want you to get that dress and those windows cleaned tonight!” She pointed a bony finger towards the window in the hallway. “But I cleaned them yesterday, Madam.”

 

                “I said I want them clean!” The anger written on her face almost frightened me. A vein protruded from her forehead as she yelled.  “Yes Madam” I whispered. I walked out of the room hoping, praying for a better life.

 

                      *****

 

                “Your highness, you have less than a week to find your Queen.” Shekel, his assistant, informed. Harry turns towards the big window placed in his office and gazes out into the world beneath him. It was that time again. Time to find a wife, a queen, no matter how many dinner dates he went on or how hard he tried to find his Queen the right girl has yet to show up.

 

                All the girls he met wanted his money and his status, which hurt him to know he was nothing more than money and fame to these girls.  Why can’t love be enjoying each other’s company and the simple things in life instead of money and fame? He was looking for a girl who wasn’t afraid to have fun outside of Royalty, a girl who enjoys lying in the grass and won’t complain about how dirty their gown will get.

 

                “Are you going to answer me your highness?” Shekel stared at him intently. Harry turned to look at Shekel but then went back to staring out the window. “Yes I heard you. It takes time” Harry sighs while walking back to his desk. “All these women that I have dated want either money or fame. I don’t like that and it’s not what I’m looking for. Why can’t I find a girl that is Royal or something and doesn’t care about money or my Royal status?” Harry complained as he stared at the antique on his desk.

 

                “Madam Collazo is a nice woman.” Shekel had a hopeful tone to his words. “She wants fame and money to abort that baby her fiancé doesn’t know about.” Harry stated. “What about Madam Villiadiego?” Shekel questioned. “She’s too uptight, if you know what I mean.” Harry sighed.

 

                “OK, well you have one week your highness.” Shekel warned. A soft knock stopped Harry from responding to Shekel. Shekel opened the door revealing Harry’s mother. “I’ll leave now your highness.”

 

                “OK. Oh, Shekel can you cancel all my morning activities tomorrow? I’d like to take a swim down by the lake.” Harry requested. “OK, sir.” Shekel gave him one nod and exited the room leaving Harry with his mother.

 

                      *****

 

                “I miss when you had been a princess Amiria. You were much better than Lena.” Lucy said.  She picked up a blue dress swirling it around her. “Yeah and you treat us much better. Your father was a kind person and so was your mother.” Jacquelyn agreed.

 

                I gave them both a small smile. I realize how much they miss my parents. My mom and dad never let them work so hard and without sleep. They both equally looked exhausted; I could see it in their eyes. They always cheered me up whenever Katherine made me upset.

 

                “And I miss seeing you in those beautiful dresses with your hair done and a beautiful tiara placed on top. You always looked like an angel.” Jacquelyn said. “Come on! Let’s dress her like one!” Lucy excitedly bounced.  “We should be washing, not thinking about putting on dresses.” I gave them both a strong look. “Come on, we want to see you as you were before!” Jacquelyn pleaded. “Yeah, I’ll do your hair like I always do it.”

 

                “No!” I tried to walk away from the conversation but was stopped by Lucy tugging on my apron.              

 

                “Lucy!” I yelled

 

                “Come on, just for a minute.” Jacquelyn pleaded again. “OK.” I sighed giving in. After putting on the dress and Lucy finished my hair I took out a small mirror I had in my pocket and looked at my hair. “Wow Lucy, you’ve done a great job!” I exclaimed happily. Lucy bent down to pick up sticks while Jacquelyn picked up the rest of the dress.

 

                “So, how do I look?” I asked. “Beautiful.” I turned around to see Prince Harry on his horse with two men by his side. He has grown, but I doubt he remembers me.  As children we used to play together. My mother used to say we were perfect together.  Harry would always respond in his England accent saying:  ‘No madam, we are your Royal kids.’ I always laughed at that.

 

                “You look beautiful” he repeated. He came down from his horse. “And you are?” he questioned with a smile. “Madam Rinucci” Lucy interjected. “Nice to meet you Madam” he bent down and kissed my hand. “I assume you don’t know who I am?” he questioned.

 

                “No.” I lied skillfully. I sounded more like a Princess once again. “Somehow your face looks familiar, but your name doesn’t match your beauty.” He smiled. “It’s funny we haven’t met before.” He looked deep into my eyes making me turn red. “Do you mind if I take her away for a while?” He asked Lucy and Jacquelyn. “No your highness, we do not.” Lucy and Jacquelyn bowed their heads in respect.

 

                I know they were laughing at me deep inside but they smiled with their hearts believing Harry to be my prince charming.

 

                                      *****

 

                “Amiria!  Amiria!” Katherine shouted from the dining room. “Yes Madam?”

 

                “Fetch us some more milk.”

 

                “OK.” I ran to the kitchen to fetch the milk jug. I came back in and poured the milk into their glasses. Marcia then walked in with an envelope. “Madam, a letter has arrived from his highness Prince Henry Filtious” I gulp quietly to myself. “Read it” I said quickly.

 

                “Lady Mopelious and Lady Degrassi are invited to a Charity Ball at his mansion at 8 O’clock.” Marcia read. I watched silently as Katherine stood up and snatched the letter from Marcia then turned to stare at me. “Do you think you’re going to be his queen? Lena will, not you.” She said in a snooty tone.

 

                I didn’t answer her I just stood there. “And don’t even think about trying to attend because by the time I arrive your dead.” She retorted in my face and walked out.

 

 

Chapter 2: The Perfect Servant

 

                My stepmother and stepsister have gone to the biggest ball in the century while Amiria went up to her room in the attic and cried. The door was quietly pushed open. Lucy, Marcia and Jacquelyn walked in. “Amiria.” Marcia whispered. “Yes?” Amiria whimpered through her tears. “You’re going to the ball.” Lucy stated firmly.

 

                “But I don’t have anything to wear.”

 

                “We’ve got something for you” Jacquelyn said. I sat there waiting to see what they got me. Lucy came in with a white dress with the hem lined in silver. The top had thin straps with a veil coat attached to it flowing all the way down to the hem of the gown. “Oh my god, it’s so beautiful!” I whispered.

 

                “It’s from your mother.” Marcia said. “But…how?” I questioned still eyeing the gorgeous dress before me. “Your mother told me to hide it after she went to your father’s annual dinner in England. She said it was the most beautiful thing she has left after her own mother died and that it would fit you perfectly.” Marcia smiled at me.

 

                “And these” Jacquelyn held up a pair of heels with silver gem stones all around it. “Oh they are so beautiful!” My smile widened. I was grateful for what they’re doing for me. “Come on; let’s get you ready for the ball”

 

                                      *****

 

                “You look just like your mother” Marcia said. Lucy put a tiara on top of my head. “Your ride is here!” Jacquelyn squealed looking out the window. “OK, let’s go.” Lucy lifted my dress up as we walked down the steps to the front door. “Amiria right after you finish dancing get out of there” Marcia reminded me.

 

                “But what if he doesn’t notice me?” I asked. Worry written all over my face. “He will.” Lucy smiled. “OK, let’s go before the witch gets here.” Jacquelyn ushered us. They all made sure I was seated comfortably then Lucy hit the top of the car.

 

                                      *****

 

                The car drives up into the big yard stopping at the steps in front of his house. I sat there nervously waiting for the driver to come around and help me out from the car. “Enjoy the ball, Lady Mopelious”

 

                “I will.” I said with a genuine smile. I picked up the bottom of the dress and walked up the steps. When I reached the door, the doorman saw me and knocks on the door. It then opens to a long hallway where another gentleman awaits.

 

                I took in another deep breath as I walked down the hall. Just as I approached the door it swung open revealing me to the party. Everyone had faces filled with surprise and some even whispered. “Can I have this dance?” Prince Harry smiled at me. “Yes, you may.” I placed my hands in his as he walked me towards the center of the room. We danced until we were tired.

 

                Afterwards he took me to the balcony and that’s when I remembered what Marcia said. He held onto my hand. “I have to go, I’m sorry.” I said apologetically. I ran out to the ballroom back into the long hallway and to the car. I ran so fast I hit my hand on one of the statues there.

 

                      *****

 

                “Amiria! Amiria!” Katherine shouted my name. She entered the house with Lena trailing behind her. “Yes Madam?” I responded holding my hands behind me as I have a bandage on the injured hand. Katherine eyed me suspiciously and circled me.  She noticed my hand bandaged up as she asked, “What’s wrong with your hand? Why is it bandaged up?” She shouts at me.

 

                “I was cutting the oranges and cut my hand by accident.” I quickly lied. “Really then, now tell me how you got the knife all the way up there.” She said. “She went to the ball mom!” Lena accused. “No, she wouldn’t dare do that now would she?” Katherine said as she looked me in the eyes. “She’s not wearing that ugly bracelet that she always has on. I heard from people at the ball that there was a bracelet left behind.” Lena accused some more.

 

                “To the attic!” She shouted. “I told you not to leave the house! You won’t be coming out of here until after the Prince shows up and leaves.” She locked the door and walked down the stairs.

 

                      *****

 

                “Amiria!” Marcia whispered. “Yes! Get me out of here!” I replied frantically. “Hold on, I’m trying to find the key” she stated as she fumbled with a bunch of keys. “It’s the only silver one on it.” I said waiting anxiously. “OK, here we go” Marcia opened the door and I pounced on her with a grateful hug. “Thank you!”

 

                I ran down the wooden stairs; straight through the hallway and burst open the door to see Lena wearing my bracelet. “That does not belong to you!” I accused her. “Rinucci or Mopelious?” Prince Harry asked. “I’m both; we gave you the first name because we didn’t want you to recognize my face, even though you figured it out.” I walked up to him.

 

                “You can’t do that” he said. “That explains why you have a bandage on your hand?”

 

                “Yes” I sighed “A photo of my mother and father reside in that bracelet. She was the one who killed my father!”

 

                “Seize them!” Prince Harry ordered. “So, would you marry me?” Prince Harry got on one knee and looked up at me hopefully. “Yes! I will!” I squealed and hugged him.

 

                Amiria and Harry live happily ever after.

 

                           THE END

 

 

 

© 2012 SilentNiaAngel


Author's Note

SilentNiaAngel
Please tell me what you think of my short Cinderella Story..

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love fairy tales. These old stories so well known yet ever new with each story teller. Enjoyed your tale very much. I would like to see a little more in the way of discriptive details. When ever you have princesses and big whizzy parties everyone wants to imagine all the colors the jewles the candles reflecting in the chandliers. Well perhaps I watch too much project runway.
Anyway fun read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love fairy tales. These old stories so well known yet ever new with each story teller. Enjoyed your tale very much. I would like to see a little more in the way of discriptive details. When ever you have princesses and big whizzy parties everyone wants to imagine all the colors the jewles the candles reflecting in the chandliers. Well perhaps I watch too much project runway.
Anyway fun read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is nice, a very sweet story and very full of emotions and Romance. Thank you for Sharing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

611 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 14, 2012
Last Updated on April 14, 2012
Tags: Cinderella, boy, Girl, king, Princess, Queen

Author

SilentNiaAngel
SilentNiaAngel

Montego Bay, St.James, Jamaica



About
MY PERSONAL QUOTE: "I hate to write with pencil, cuz a few years from now my words will fade, I hate to write pen, cuz a few years from now my words will be blurry So I Write with my Heart beca.. more..

Writing