Advent Greenery

Advent Greenery

A Story by The Silver Chord

Silent colossus resting his head, dreaming through the years. Decay ravages the land in which he lays. Protector they use to call him, the grassy god they once adored. But he knew how wicked they could truly be. So slept he did, waiting for the day he could make them whole again. Day in and day out, the people cursed their colossal god. Defiling his creation, burning the forests of his demise. As the years went by, the god began to become part of the land. Laying forgotten, he slept, dreaming through the years. 

The day came, and he awoke. The colossus rose, breaking apart the hills that he had become a part of. He looked before him and wept. His creation, all from the people who served him to the grass in the fields, was destroyed. The wickedness in their hearts destroyed everything they touched. Burning, poisoning, decaying, nothing they did would save their home or themselves. 

‡‡

From the ashes of his former mistake, the god created a new land, one better than the last. The forests flourished, the fields green as emeralds, and the people wholesome. With the thoughts of his mistake from before, he created love within their hearts. Love so pure, the heavens envied the adoration. As the grass colossal god finished, he felt a peace he never felt before. Good things were to come, so sleep can wait.

© 2012 The Silver Chord


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on February 23, 2012
Last Updated on February 23, 2012

Author

The Silver Chord
The Silver Chord

AR



About
My name is Silver Chord, and I too like to party. Generally I'd like to say that I think way too much. All I ever seem to be doing is thinking, pondering, musing over some random thought or idea. .. more..

Writing