Chapter 3- Illusion of Paradise

Chapter 3- Illusion of Paradise

A Chapter by MirageDreamer

When they were almost to the top they were stopped by ten people in camouflage uniforms “Oh, Captain Jason I see you have returned,” said the one that seemed to be in charge, then he looked at Lunar and Noch and asked “Who are they?” 

“This is Princess Lunar, and Prince Noch,” said Jason. 

The ten people looked at them, then at Jason then back at Lunar and Noch shocked and then the leader said “You actually found them.” 

Then all ten of them knelt down then they stood up and said “Please come with us.” 

They all went to the top of the mountain then the leader stuck his sword in a rock and a passage opened up. 

It lead into a hallway that was lined with black onyx.  Then it lead out into a crater that was dug out of the mountain, and in the center was a huge castle that went up to a point, and that had ten balconies on each floor evenly separated out where there were two that we really close to each other then there was a big gap then there were two more and so on, also if you looked at it from the sky it would look like a flower.  Around the palace there were ten huge tall trees that surrounded the castle evenly spaced out, and randomly spread around were houses. 

The warriors brought Lunar and Noch to the castle, then they left. 

Lunar and Noch were taken to a council of five people who were hidden by a white cloth, and there was a gold light shinning behind it, so that Lunar could see just five shadows,

“First thing it is fantastic to see that you are both safe,” said the first one who was a man. 

“Now that you are here the kingdom will rise to its former glory by your hands,” said the second one who was a woman. 

“However before that we must plan some things out, and while we are in council, Noch, you will rule the people, and Lunar you will help him,” said the third one who was a man. 

“But why me, I mean, Lunar grew up around a royal family she knows more about ruling a kingdom than I do,” said Noch a little nervous at the thought of ruling a kingdom. 

“That is why we are allowing her to help you, normally the eldest male of the royal family would rule all on his own,” said the fourth one who was a woman. 

Lunar didn’t know why be she didn’t trust them for some reason, then the fifth one who was a man said “Tomorrow we will let everyone know that you are here, so for the rest of today you should rest up.”

Then two guards showed Lunar to her room and Crescent went with her, and two guards showed Noch to his room and Star went with him. 

Lunar’s room was one that had a balcony and a tree close to the balcony, Noch’s room was above her’s, but his was on the side that had a balcony further away, and paired up with a different one. 

So they both quickly unpacked then Noch went back to the Council, because they sent for him, and Lunar took the talisman, then she and Crescent went out the door to take a look around, but there were two guards outside her room when she opened the door. 

They both had on all silver, and a sword at their side, they looked about sixteen, and they both had white hair tipped with black, and silver eyes.

“Where are you going Princess?” asked one of them politely. 

“Uh, out,” said Lunar hoping they would let her. 

“Of course,” said the guard as Lunar started to leave then they followed. her. 

“Uh, why are you following me?” asked Lunar after she walked for a bit with them following her. 

“The Council asked us to look after you,” said the guard. 

“Oh, I see,” said Lunar then she thought to herself ‘Probably to make sure I don’t do anything that they wouldn’t want’, then she turned to the two guards and asked “So what are your names?”

“Pardon me?” asked one.

“Your names.” Repeated Lunar. 

Both of them looked at each other then one of them hesitantly said “Chris.” 

Then the other one looked at Chris then back at Lunar and said “Kris.” 

“So Chris and Kris,” said Lunar with a smile, then she added “My name is Lunar.”

Both of the boys looked at her shocked, then at each other then back at her, then she asked “What’s up, is it wrong for me to tell you my name?”

“No, it’s just that the Royal family don’t tell people their names, because the people are only suppose to call them King, Queen, Prince, or Princess,” said Kris. 

“Oh, well, so are you guys allowed to call the royal family by their names if they allow you?” asked Lunar. 

“Uh, yeah,” said Chris. 

“Well, then call me Lunar, I didn’t really prefer the Princess thing,” said Lunar as both Chris and Kris looked at her surprised. 

“They can’t do that, it would be too unusual.” Came a voice, all three of them looked and saw another boy, he had light blue eyes, and bright blue hair tipped with darker bright blue.  He had on black pants, a silver shirt, with a dark blue dragon and moon.  He also had a bow and arrows, but his bows handle could break in half and each side was a sheath for the other side’s blade.  The boy could also use his magic to harden the string of the bow into a blade, and use that as a weapon. 

“Vice Captain,” said the two boys as they bowed. 

“Who are you?” asked Lunar politely. 

“Novado, Vice Captain Novado,” said the boy as he bowed. 

“You two the Council wants to see you,” said Novado as Lunar looked out the window and saw Jason leaving the castle a little sadly.

“Certainly,” said Chris and Kris at the same time then they bowed one last time to Lunar and Novado, then they left. 

“Hey Novado, can you tell me where Jason lives?” asked Lunar as Novado looked at her. 

“I’m not allowed to tell you that,” said Novado. 

“Why not?” asked Lunar a little annoyed. 

“Because the Council told me not to, the only one I am allowed to tell is Noch, because he will become the King soon,” said Novado. 

Lunar tapped her foot annoyed then she said “Fine don’t tell me, I’ll find out on my own.” 

“I can’t let you do that,” said Novado as he stood in front of her, then Crescent started to growl. 

“Hey just out of curiosity does it even matter if I’m here?” asked Lunar as she put her hand on Crescent’s head to get him to stop growling. 

“Of course it does, it’s just that is matters more to the people that Noch is here,” said Novado as Lunar looked at him with a cold stare. 

“Well that’s cold,” said Lunar. 

“Yes, but not as cold as your stare,” said Novado. 

Lunar looked at him, then she said annoyed “Well your starting to piss me off, so what would you expect?”

“Here’s a suggestion, don’t use that kind of language when other people are around, after all you are royalty,” said Novado with a tempting smile. 

Lunar looked at him then said “I’ll use whatever language I want to, just because I came here doesn’t mean I’m going to change.”

 “Here’s some advice,” said Novado as he walked over to her then whispered with a serious look on his face and concern in his eyes “Either you change on your own or the Council will change you.” 

Lunar looked at him then thought to herself ‘Just as I thought there is something wrong in this perfect little kingdom.’ then asked “What do you mean?” 

“Nothing,” said Novado as he backed away, then suddenly Star came flying over to Lunar with a concerned look in her face.  Then Novado said sadly “This is what I’m talking about, the Prince must have done something that they didn’t like.”

“What do you mean, what happened to Noch?” asked Lunar concerned. 

Suddenly Noch walked over to where they were and looked at Lunar, then he turned to leave, but Lunar stopped him and asked “Hey Noch, what did the Council talk to you about?” 

Noch didn’t answer but instead he said “Lunar you are no longer needed, I can take care of the kingdom on my own, but you will live in the palace and not leave.  Also tomorrow at noon exactly is when the kingdom will know that I am back, you will stay inside the palace.  Oh, and your clothes have been picked out so tomorrow put them on.” 

“N…Noch what are you talking about?” asked Lunar sadly. 

“Oh, you are to only come out of your room for meals or if there are things that I need you for, which won’t be often,” said Noch, then he left as Lunar’s legs felt weak.

Novado went over to her.  As she fell he caught her then said “Come with me.” Once she could stand again, then he started to walk to the stairs. 

“Why?” asked Lunar sadly.

“Don’t ask why just come,” said Novado firmly as Lunar looked at him then followed, and Crescent and Star followed closely behind her. 



© 2011 MirageDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

451 Views
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on June 7, 2011


Author

MirageDreamer
MirageDreamer

... who knows *shrug*..., FL



About
meow V =^-.-^= I’m an amateur writer and love writing just as much as i love reading manga, drawing, listening to music, and watching anime I write my stories while seeing them play out as.. more..

Writing