Chapter 6- Always Second Choice

Chapter 6- Always Second Choice

A Chapter by MirageDreamer

So for the next day Lunar manage to hold her tongue while Noch got her more and more annoyed, then on the second day Lunar thought that she couldn’t take it anymore. Around lunch time she had enough, so much so that she ate in her room. 

“Uh, hey, I’m coming in,” said Novado as he opened the door and saw Lunar laying on her bed face down. 

“Yeah sure,” said Lunar through the pillow that she was laying on.

“Hey, are you going to eat?” asked Novado as he went over to the table in her room and put the food down. 

“Sure,” said Lunar as she got up and went over to the table. 

“What about you?” asked Lunar as she sat down. 

“Nah, I’m not hungry,” said Novado as he also sat down. 

When Lunar had finished eating she went over to her bed and sat down on the floor and leaned back on the bed, then Crescent and Star trotted over and Crescent laid down and rested his head on Lunar’s lap, and Star flew up to Lunar’s shoulder and laid down there. 

“Hey Lunar are you ok?” asked Novado as he looked at her. 

“I don’t think I can stand this anymore.  Noch is acting like such a jerk, how could the Council turn him into someone like this?” asked Lunar as she closed her eyes to prevent the tears from coming out. 

“Well just think in two more days we’ll find a way to help him,” said Novado. 

“Yeah,” said Lunar happy at the thought of Noch back to normal, then she turned to Novado and asked “Hey exactly how strong is the Council?”

“Not that strong when it comes to hand-to-hand or weapon-to-weapon, they’re more of magic users, but even then the only magic that they really know is control magic, and those magic cameras,” said Novado as Lunar looked away from him, then he asked suspiciously “Why do you ask?” 

“Just wondering,” said Lunar truthfully.

“Ok, just don’t try and fight them,” said Novado. 

“Like I would do that… but why do you say that?” asked Lunar as she looked at him. 

“Well, when I say control magic, that also means life or death,” said Novado.

“But you said that these chains will protect me,” said Lunar. 

“Yeah, they will, but not the Prince,” said Novado as Lunar looked at him

Then she said “Well teach me the spell.”

“Why?” asked Novado. 

“Because then I can cast it on Noch and he’ll be safe,” said Lunar.

As Lunar said that Novado looked at her, then he said “You can’t, once this spell has been cast on you, or you have cast it, then that’s it, it’s your only time, then only way one person could be chained twice is if two different people chained that person.”

Lunar looked at him, then she looked at the silver chain, then suddenly there was a knock on the door and Novado went over and got it. 

On the other side was a boy, he had bright red hair, golden eyes, and he had on the same uniform as Novado, and he had ten thin round gold circle tied to his waist, that were blades. 

He looked at Novado and asked “Is the Princess here?” 

“Yes,” said Novado as he stepped aside, and Lunar walked over to the door. 

“It is an honor to meet you, your highness,” said the boy; he introduced himself “My name is Inferro.” Then he held out his hand and Lunar took it think he was going to shake hands, but he raised it to his lips and kissed it. 

For a second Lunar thought she saw Inferro give Novado a glare, she then looked at Novado and saw that there was a dangerous fire in his eyes.  Then when Inferro let go of Lunar’s hand a gold chain appeared around her left hand and around Inferro’s left wrist. 

Suddenly Inferro saw the silver chain on Lunar’s right wrist that led to Novado, and Novado saw the gold chain appear around Lunar’s left wrist. 

“Inferro, what did you do?” asked Novado angrily. 

“I could ask you the same thing, what’s with that chain?” asked Inferro angrily, but not as angrily as Novado. 

Lunar lifted both of her wrists and looked first at the silver chain, then the gold one, then at both of them.  Then she looked at Novado and Inferro then she asked “What the hell is wrong with you two, what’s with the chains?”

Inferro looked at Novado and said “Take your chain off, she won’t be able to support both.” 

“You take yours off, I was with her first,” said Novado then he turned to Lunar and asked “Do you feel ok?”

Lunar looked at him then asked annoyed “Will you just both answer my question.”  Inferro and Novado looked at her then she asked “What the hell is up with these chains?” 

“They’re called Chains of the Warrior,” said Novado then he continued “The chains give the two people that they connect different privileges, for example they keep you safe from attacks and magics.”

Then Inferro said “Among other things, and they allow us to use your powers when we fight, that is if and when you let us.”

“Well then why me?” asked Lunar the she added coldly. “Wouldn’t it be better to go get Noch, after all he would be more useful to you.”

“True, but since he’s kind of under a spell right now we can’t so you’re our next choice,” said Inferro. 

“Jeez, you’re just like Novado, both of you love to tell me how useless I am,” said Lunar then she turned and went over to the table and sat down. 

“Hey Lunar I-” Said Novado, but stopped when Lunar turned and looked at them.

Lunar’s look turned to a glare then she said “Why don’t you guys just leave.” 

Novado and Inferro looked at each other then they left.  When they were gone Lunar folded her arms and buried her head in them then started to cry, then she looked up with tears in her eyes when the chains jingled. 

“There has to be a way that I can get them off,” said Lunar as she wiped her tears away. 

“Hey, Novado, I seriously didn’t know you had chained her, but how come having two chains on her doesn’t seem to have any effect on her?” asked Inferro. 

“I really don’t know,” said Novado as they both stood outside her door. 

“A normal human soul couldn’t support two, it would be too much for them,” said Inferno as they both looked back at the door then faced the hall when they heard footsteps.

Then suddenly Noch came down the hall. 

Meanwhile in Lunar’s room Lunar said to Crescent “Hey Crescent can you do me a favor?” 

Crescent went over to her then Lunar spread both of the chains out next to each other then she asked “Can you blow some fire here.” As she pointed at the chains. 

Crescent was about to blow fire when Noch came in and said “You are to be in the dining room in less than an hour, by then dinner will be ready, put on the black dress, oh, and from now on Inferro will also become your personal guard.”

Then Noch left, and about a minute after he left Novado and Inferro heard Lunar yelling “Stupid jackass, if things don’t change then I’m so going to kill that idiot!”

Inferro looked at Novado then asked “Should we go see what’s wrong.” 

“No, this is normal,” said Novado as he started to laugh. 

A little after Lunar came out in the dress that she wore when Noch had his ceremony, and she had on the silver crown which she always wore now, and she had her hair down. 

Inferro was speechless, Novado just looked at her then said firmly “Ok, now remember just don’t say anything to him no matter how angry you get.” 

Lunar looked at him with a cold gaze then she said “Yeah, yeah, yeah, just like always.” 

So Lunar and Noch ate then when they were done Noch said “Tomorrow I’ll be leaving on a journey with the Council, so Jason will be in charge of the kingdom, you will have the palace to yourself because he’ll be out looking at the villages.  I’ll be back in one week or less, so be a good girl and make sure you don’t do anything stupid.”

Inferro was shocked at how Noch talked to Lunar, but what shocked him even more was when Lunar put on the same sickenly sweet smile as she always did when he talked to her like that and said “Of course your majesty.” 

When Novado saw that Inferro was surprised he whispered “Look at her hands what she’s doing really isn’t all that surprising.” 

Then Inferro looked at Lunar’s hands which she had under the table and saw that they were clenched tightly. 

Then Noch got up and left and Lunar, Novado, and Inferro went back to Lunar’s room, and when they got there Lunar went over to one of the walls and smashed it with her fist.  If it were a normal wall it would have shattered into dust, but these walls had a spell on them that couldn’t let them brake, it was in case there was an attack.

As Lunar whammed the wall she mimicked Noch and said “Be a good girl, don’t do anything stupid.”

“Uh hey Prin-” Said Inferro.

But Novado stopped him then whispered “When she’s like this don’t talk to her.” 

Then suddenly Noch came in and said “Oh you two are here, good.  I wanted to tell you two to move into the rooms on either side of Lunar’s to make sure that she won’t get into trouble, I’ll have the servants move your things.” Then he left just like usual. 

Lunar then turned around and looked at the door, then she turned around and gave the wall another good punch, but with her other hand.  “Stupid jackass, annoying moron, I’m so going to get him for this.” Whispered Lunar furiously, then she added as she clenched her fists more “It’s a good thing that he’s going away for a week with the Council otherwise I’d kill every last one of them.” 

“Hey, you really shouldn’t clench your hands so tightly,” said Novado as he and Inferro went over to Lunar who was standing facing the wall.

Lunar turned around and snapped “And why the hell not?” 

“Sheesh you don’t have to get so angry at me, I was just saying that because you’re hurting yourself,” said Novado as he pointed at her hands that had little drops of blood on them.

 When Lunar saw that she opened her hands and saw that her nails had dug in her skin and left pretty deep cuts.  Inferro quickly went and got some bandages and things to disinfect cuts.

“You might want to sit down,” said Novado as Inferro gave him half. 

So Lunar went over to the desk and sat down on a chair then Novado and Inferro both took a chair and sat down on either side of her.  Novado bandaged her right hand and Inferro her left. 

Lunar looked at them both with a cold glare then asked “Why are you bothering to bandage my hands if I’m so useless?” 

“Because you’re our partner, so we have to make sure you stay safe.”  Said Inferro. 

Lunar glared at both of them then Novado said “Will you stop glaring at us, it’s not doing any good, it’s only distracting us.” 

Lunar then looked away from them out the window and as she did a dusk bird flew by her window.

 Dusk birds were purple bird with long tail feathers that changed from purple to black, and their wings were also tipped with black. 

She saw that the sun was setting and the moon was rising. In the palace the moon seemed bigger, it was almost as if she could reach out and touch it if she stood on the balcony. 

When Novado and Inferro were done bandaging up her hands Lunar looked at them then said “Thanks.”  Then she added “You two should probably go and make sure that they’re moving everything properly.” 

“You sure?” asked Novado. 

“Yeah, besides I feel like going to bed now anyway,” said Lunar as Novado and Inferro went over to the door then left when Lunar looked at them with a smile and said “Good night.” 

“I don’t get it,” said Inferro once they were outside. 

“Get what?” asked Novado.

“How the Princess can change so quickly, first she was as angry as I have ever seen anyone, then two seconds later she was so peaceful,” said Inferro. 

“Yeah, that’s something I’ve noticed, she full of complete opposites,” said Novado.  Then they went and helped the servants move their rooms. 



© 2011 MirageDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on June 7, 2011


Author

MirageDreamer
MirageDreamer

... who knows *shrug*..., FL



About
meow V =^-.-^= I’m an amateur writer and love writing just as much as i love reading manga, drawing, listening to music, and watching anime I write my stories while seeing them play out as.. more..

Writing