Chapter 7- Painful Secret

Chapter 7- Painful Secret

A Chapter by MirageDreamer

Meanwhile Lunar had gotten a shower and changed into her night clothes, then she went out on the balcony as Crescent and Star went over to the bed and laid down.

Lunar then looked up at the moon then said “When the dawn and dusk bird sing together and the sun and moon are both in the sky it fell to the ground.” Then she held her necklace with her right hand and continued “When it finds its owner it will not part with them.  It will curse them with the mark of death, and will bless them with the mark of life.”  Then she touched the left side of the back of her neck with her right hand and finished “And when the time comes, they will be needed, before then they will not die, but when everything is done if they are no longer needed they will disap…” She couldn’t bring herself to say it, she just looked up at the moon and silver tears began of stream down her face. 

“H-hey.” Called Novado from the balcony that was closer to Lunar’s, as he jumped over to hers. 

Lunar quickly wiped her tears away, but not fast enough then Novado went over to her and asked “Are you ok?” 

“Yeah,” said Lunar with a sniffle. 

Novado went over to her and said “You really aren’t that good at lying, or are you just not trying?” 

“No, it’s just I wasn’t expecting you to be here that’s all,” said Lunar as she looked at him. 

Then he asked as he finally got over to where she was “So what’s wrong?” When Lunar didn’t say anything Novado asked “Well then what was that that you were talking about?” 

Lunar looked at him surprised and sadly then said “Nothing, can you just go.” 

“Nope, I’m not leaving until you tell me,” said Novado. 

“Why would I tell you before I told Noch?” asked Lunar trying to get Novado to leave.

“Well, because right now I’m the only one that you can tell,” said Novado.   

Lunar looked at him, then up at the moon and said “Ever since I got here I’ve started to have dreams.” 

“What kind of dreams?” asked Novado urging her on. 

“Well the first night I had a dream about where this necklace came from and what it’s called, then the next two nights I had a dream about what it does,” said Lunar as she looked up at the moon then tears came to her eyes. 

“So what does it do?” asked Novado sounding a little concerned. 

“I-it doesn’t concern you,” said Lunar.

Novado said “It might not, but I’m still curious, after all whatever it is, it got you to cry.”  Lunar looked at him annoyed, but when she looked at him he didn’t have a mocking looking on his face, it was more of a concern look. 

Lunar softened her gaze then she said “It will give the one it chooses the mark of life, and the mark of death, that’s what that mark is that is on the back of my neck.” 

“The mark of death?” asked Novado concerned. 

Lunar looked up at the moon and said “The mark of life will keep the person alive until the thing that they are destined to do is over, it won’t let them die, and any curse that is cast on them will be instantly nullified…” Then she paused then continued as she touched the necklace gently “and the mark of death will cause them to disappear after the task if no one need them.” Then she said annoyed and sadly as she looked at Novado “That’s why I get so annoyed that you guys always say that I’m so unimportant it’s like saying you don’t need me.”  Then she added as Novado’s expression turned from shocked to sad, then when she said that “But it’s completely understandable, after all I’m not as important as Noch.”

She started back for her room, but was stopped by the silver chain.  She looked back and saw that Novado had an unreadable expression on his face then he walked over to her and said as he grabbed her arm that didn’t have the chain on it “Why didn’t you tell me this sooner?” 

Lunar looked at him with a sad, cold glare and said “I told you because it doesn’t concern you.” 

Novado let her go, but the chain didn’t get longer then he asked “Why do you say that it doesn’t concern me?” 

“Because you only care about how important Noch is, and how he can turn the kingdom into what it once was and all,” said Lunar angrily. 

“Are you jealous because you think I care more about saving the Prince then keeping you safe?” asked Novado annoyed and with a sinister smile. 

“I don’t think, it I know it,” said Lunar angrily back. 

“Didn’t you notice ever since that first day I never said anything like that?  I am trying to keep you safe, why do you think I put that chain on you,” said Novado. 

“That’s not how it was at first you just put it on me because you knew Noch was under their spell,” said Lunar annoyed then she added sadly “I’m just the one that you were stuck with, you would have preferred it if it was Noch and not me at the other end of that chain, I’m like a less valuable substitution.” 

“I never said that you idiot,” said Novado as Lunar looked at him a little surprised.

Then she said angrily “Yeah, but it’s the truth, a*****e.”

Novado stood there glaring at her as she glared back with a colder stare than his then his expression changed instantly to a sad look.  Lunar was puzzled by the look, but what got her shock was when Novado turned away and said with his back to her “It’s only partly true, at first I was hoping that I would find Noch instead of you, but then when I found you instead and we found out that Noch was already under the Councils spell I thought that it was the best thing to do.  At least that way one of you would be safe, but after that I really did regret it, because of the way you acted, but over the past few days, I started to become glad that it was you… You know you were the first and only person that I showed that hidden beach… then when Inferro put the chains on you I was really annoyed, I’m not even sure why…” Said Novado as he turned to face Lunar who was shocked at what he was saying then Novado finished “It was the first time that I was annoyed with another guy, that’s why I came over here tonight.  Just to talk to you, I just wanted to spend time with you, even if we ended up fighting, or if we just stood in silence.” Finished Novado.

He then instantly grew quiet then bowed and said “Please forgive me for that Princess, I-I don’t know that came over me, I’ll leave now, good night.” Then he left. 

Lunar just looked in the direction that Novado was in, then after a bit she went inside and finally went to sleep after she told herself that Novado only said those things to make her feel better then she went to sleep.



© 2011 MirageDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2011


Author

MirageDreamer
MirageDreamer

... who knows *shrug*..., FL



About
meow V =^-.-^= I’m an amateur writer and love writing just as much as i love reading manga, drawing, listening to music, and watching anime I write my stories while seeing them play out as.. more..

Writing