Chapter 11- Black Nova

Chapter 11- Black Nova

A Chapter by MirageDreamer

While they were walking around, Lunar and Novado saw soldiers who had on different uniforms than the warriors of the Dragon Kingdom.  They had on all green and a brownish metal armor on. 

“Hey Novado who are those guys?” asked Lunar as they saw them looking kind of angry at an old woman. 

“Oh they’re from the Serpent Kingdom, they came a while ago and, well, started to take over this part of the kingdom, they only stay in the housing and store areas, and they don’t dare go anywhere near the palace.  Sometimes they end up actually killing some people.  Those guys really piss me off, but I can’t ever do anything about it because whenever I see them I’m alone and there’s always at least three of them, and with my swords skills I definitely don’t want to go up against them,” said Novado as one of the soldiers started to yell at the woman, then stormed off. 

“Are they good?” asked Lunar. 

“Yeah, but the Captain could take on three at once, I’m just not up to his level yet,” said Novado.

“Hey, Novado, why don’t we go back to the palace,” said Lunar as she looked at the old woman who was crying. 

“O-ok,” said Novado. 

When they were back in the palace and on their way to the second floor Lunar asked “Hey Novado, do you think that you could take the chain off now?”

“Well, I guess, after all I did promise.” Said Novado, then he hesitantly took the chain in his hand and held it tightly and it crumbled into dust, just as it did with Inferno.

“Thanks.” Said Lunar as she looked at her wrist.

So they were back to the palace and Lunar went into her room while Novado went to get some food.  While Lunar was in her room she went over to her clothes then changed into black pants that had fire design at the bottom, a black long-sleeved shirt that had fire designs all over it, then she tied her hair up and made it look like she was a boy, then she cut two holes in a long piece of black cloth for her eyes, then she tied it around her head like a mask, and lastly she put on a black cape that slowly changed to the color of fire at the end.  She put her necklace inside her shirt so that no one could see it, then she put her daggers behind her so that no one could see them, but she could easily get them if she needed, lastly she put her sword on her back, then she climbed down the tree and went back into town. 

When she got there she saw the same solders yelling at two little kids.  Suddenly one of them drew their sword and swung at one of the children, and in the blink of an eye Lunar was in-between the kid and the soldier and she had stopped his sword with hers. 

Everyone who had seen it was shocked, then Lunar said “What do you think you’re doing, this isn’t even your kingdom. You have no right to treat the citizens like this.”

The boy backed away then said, “How dare you talk to us like that, these kids were making too much noise, we were just teaching them a lesson.”

Lunar gave a smirk then said, “Hah, maybe I should teach you three a lesson.”

The three boys looked at her, then the other two drew their swords.  “Oh yeah why don’t you just try,” said the first one, then suddenly his sword was flung out of his hands. 

“Wha-” said the first one and before they knew it the other two swords were out of their hands. 

“Hahahaha, I haven’t had this kind of a battle in a long time, it can hardly be considered a match,” said Lunar with amusement. 

“Who the hell do you think you are?  Boy, how dare you mock us,” said the second one as they backed up to a wall. 

“I am the one who is uncatchable as a shadow on a moonless night, I am the one who’s as free as a burning star, I am the Black Nova, and I will not allow you to torment this kingdom anymore,” said Lunar as the three boys ran away, and everyone who saw that started to cheer. 

Suddenly she saw Inferro, and up in the sky she saw Crescent and Star.  Then she jumped up onto a roof as the cheers continued then jumped up and landed on Crescent’s back. 

At first Crescent was surprised then he calmed down and looked at her.  She gave him a smile then he flew away, everyone on the ground was quiet then they started cheering and talking about ‘him’. 

“Wh-who was that?” asked Inferro to one of the kids. 

“He said that he was the Black Nova,” said one of the little kids. 

“Black Nova, I should go tell Novado and Jason about this,” said Inferro as he left to find Jason first. 

Lunar quickly went back into her room and changed back into what she had on before, then when she had just sat down Novado came in and said happily, “Hey, Inferro just came and told me that there was this guy in town who fought off those soldiers that we saw, isn’t that great?” 

“Yeah, did he have a name?” asked Lunar playing dumb. 

“Yeah, he called himself the Black Nova,” said Novado, then he added, “The Captain thinks that if we can find him then we should ask him to join our force, so from now on Inferro will be looking for him as well as some of the other guards, and well, so will I,” said Novado as he looked away from her. 

“Well, will I continue to have any personal guards?” asked Lunar. 

“No, not anymore,” said Novado as he started for the door.

Then Lunar looked at him and said with an encouraging smile “Ok, well, do your best ok.”

Lunar didn’t see it, but Novado turned a little pink, then he left. 

“Hey you two, this should be fun, I guess there’s one good thing about this place at least,” said Lunar as she changed back into her Black Nova outfit, then got onto Crescent and he flew over to the town. 

They looked from above to see if there was any more trouble with those guys and around three she found four guys.  It was the three from before they all had blond hair and each one had different shades of green eyes, and one the other one had on all green, and he had bright green hair, dark brown eyes with five bright green dots in them, and he had a masse that the bottom of it could come out and there would be a dagger. 

They were arguing with a boy the same age as Lunar.  He had brown hair tinted with red, golden eyes, and he had on all blue. 

Lunar jumped off of Crescent’s and landed on the ground just in time to stop the leader’s sword.  “Wha, where did you-” said the leader. 

“Hey that’s him,” said the first one. 

“So you’re the Black Nova who defeated my men,” said the leader. 

“Yeah, that’s right,” said Lunar.

“Well, now you’ll have to deal with me-” said the leader as Lunar flung his sword out of his hand.  He just stood here as if he still had the sword. 

Then Lunar turned to the boy and said, “You might want to go now.”  Then the boy ran off. Suddenly a sword was swung at Lunar, but she quickly dodged then blocked the second swing

“Wow you’re fast,” said the leader, then he backed away and said, “We’ll be seeing you.”

Then the four of them left, Lunar jumped up just in time to escape the guards who were running towards her calling, “Black Nova, Black Nova, wait we want to talk to you.” 

She quickly ran across the roofs and got away.  When she was back in the palace with her other clothes on, she went into the kitchen and noticed that there wasn’t any bread. 

“Oh great.  Looks like I’ll have to go get some, I think I saw a bakery in town,” said Lunar as she got her money, put on a pure back cape then left, after all the whole palace was deserted.  Star and Crescent stayed in Lunar’s room while she went out. 

So Lunar went and bought the bread, but on the way back she ran into those four soldiers.  “Hey you, what’s your name?” asked one of them. 

Lunar looked at them then said, “Lunar.” 

“Well, Lunar, you want us to buy you something to eat,” asked the second one. 

Lunar made an uneasy look appear on her face and she thought to herself, ‘I hate it when I have to act all girly.’  Then she said pretending to be nervous, “I really need to get home.” 

“Huh, turning down an offer from us, you’ve got guts,” said the third one. 

“The reason she’s probably turning down the offer is because she doesn’t know us you three, sheesh,” said the leader, then he looked at Lunar and said, “My name is Ulex, this is Co, Senk, and Thilo.” 

The three boys looked at Ulex annoyed the Senk said, “We’re Serpent Kingdom warriors.”

“But Ulex is the Serpent Kingdom’s prince,” said Thilo as he pointed at Ulex. 

Lunar was about to say something when she heard Novado call practically in a panic, “Lunar! What are you doing here?”

He quickly ran over to them and Lunar said, “Well, there wasn’t any bread left, so I figured I’d get some.”

Novado looked at the four boys then at Lunar and whispered so that they couldn’t hear, “Go back to the palace.”

Lunar looked at him then at the four guys, and noticed that they had their hands on their swords.  Luckily Novado went back to the palace with her, so as those two left Co said, “That’s Novado, he’s the second in charge.” 

“Huh, Lunar, she must be pretty important to get him worried like that,” was all Ulex said, then he snuck off. 

“Why did you come out of the palace on your own, what if someone had figured out that you were the princess,” said Novado angrily. 

“Whatever, it’s not like anyone found out,” said Lunar annoyed, as they got to the palace, then Novado sent Lunar in. 

‘Huh she must be a noble,’ thought Ulex to himself as he saw Lunar go into the palace. 

He then waited for Novado to leave, then he went over to the door and looked in, then he went around the palace and looked up to each of the balconies to see if any of the lights were on, after all by now it was starting to get dark.  Then he saw what he was looking for, a light on in one of the rooms, he went over to the tree and slowly started to climb up it. 



© 2011 MirageDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

345 Views
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on June 7, 2011


Author

MirageDreamer
MirageDreamer

... who knows *shrug*..., FL



About
meow V =^-.-^= I’m an amateur writer and love writing just as much as i love reading manga, drawing, listening to music, and watching anime I write my stories while seeing them play out as.. more..

Writing