Chapter 13- Goodbye

Chapter 13- Goodbye

A Chapter by MirageDreamer

Suddenly there was a crash from inside Lunar’s room, and they all looked over to the door that lead in from the balcony.  Lunar quickly ran in followed by Ulex and Flare. 

“Crescent, Star, where are you two?” called Lunar as she looked on the first floor, then she went upstairs and looked around, then suddenly Lunar froze at what she saw.

There on the floor were Crescent and Star, with a huge gash in their necks and a pool of blood around them.  Lunar suddenly lost all color, and her eyes went blank as she fell to her knees and her knees touched the warm blood as her clothes drank it up and turned crimson red. 

“Lunar are you ok?” called Flare as he and Ulex came up the stairs, then they too froze when they saw the scene.  

Flare and Ulex quickly ran over to Lunar, and Flare tried to get Lunar away, but she wouldn’t budge, she just looked at them.  “L-Lunar, c-come on, you need to get away from here,” said Flare, but Lunar didn’t hear him, she just looked at Crescent and Star, unable to take her eyes off of them. 

The dragon who she had raised since he had hatched, the kitten that she loved to play with so much, she just sat there looked at them and remembered how they had been so full of life and energy, and now they lay there, as cold and motionless as stone. 

Suddenly something lunged from the shadows, it was Inferro, and his weapons were covered in blood, their blood. 

The second Lunar saw him life came back into her eyes, a fire of fury and betrayal, and in a second she had him on his knees, she didn’t say anything, but the look in her eyes horrified him, and he knew exactly what she was asking.

“The Council feared these two, as well as the fact that they had found something out while they were exploring the palace grounds today, when the Council found out what they knew, the only thing left to do was kill them, instead of letting the Council send one of their ruthless killers I willingly volunteered,” said Inferro, then he added terrified with the look in Lunar’s eyes at those last three words. “You should be thanking me, I made their deaths quick, I promise they felt pain only for a second.” 

Lunar glared at him in pure fury, then raised her sword to kill him but stopped, she felt as though Crescent were still with her and was trying to tell her something, it was almost as if he was telling her not to kill Inferro. 

When Lunar felt Crescent’s presence, she burst into tears.  As her silver tears ran down her face Inferro tried to escape, but Ulex and Flare caught him and cast a spell on him that chained him to the ground. 

Lunar continued to look at Crescent and Star’s lifeless bodies, then she stood up, wiped her tears away, then went over to then, then she knelt down and picked up their necklaces that were dripping with blood then she held them both in her hand, and Inferro said angrily, “Let me go, I did you a favor you shouldn’t treat me like this, I gave Crescent and Star a quick death.” 

When he said that, Lunar turned around furiously and glowered at him, he immediately fell silent as she walked over to him.  Looking down at him she whispered furiously, “How dare you, how dare you say their names.  You have no right to say their names, and how dare you say what you do.  Do you have any idea how much I loved those two, C-Crescent was more than a pet, or a family member, he was a part of my soul.  And S-Star was more precious to me than you could ever imagine.  Both of them had such life in them, such spirit, and now because of you they’re… they’re dead.” 

“W-what are you going to do?” asked Inferro. 

“Even though the value is nowhere near, a life for a life, you will regret the very second you so willingly said you’d do this,” said Lunar. 

“Y-you do know once you kill me you’ll be punished, and you’ll regret it for the rest of your life,” said Inferro nervously. 

Lunar looked at him with a dangerous golden glare that made a chill run up his spin then she said, “I’d like to see them try, and you should know I was raised as a warrior, I grew up fighting.”

Inferro looked at her with a terrified smile and said, “Y-yeah, so, so did I.” 

“Hah, that sounds as if you’re challenging me,” said Lunar then she looked at Ulex and Flare and asked, “Can you two unchain him?” 

They looked at her, then took the spell off Inferro.  The second it was off, Inferro looked at Lunar as if he was going to fight, then he darted out the open window. 

However before he could set one foot out, Lunar’s phoenix dagger was through his heart, and he fell to the ground, Lunar walked over to him looked down, then said with no hint of weakness on her face, and no pity in her eyes as she saw that light leave his eyes, “That’s for Crescent and Star.  Zeele, malloo, seeva, thoogda, zaffo.” 

Then Inferro closed his eyes, and was dead.  “Uh, hey, Lunar what was that that you said?” asked Flare scared and sadly as Lunar took her dagger and cleaned it off on the carpet, then sheathed it. 

She then turned around with a strong face.  “Zeele, malloo, seeva, thoogda, zaffo teelee.  It means: Moon that is my shield, stars that are my sword, sun that is my life, clouds that fill the sky as regret fills my heart, please forgive me for the life I have taken.”

“And what does teelee mean?” asked Flare, as the tears Lunar had been holding back started to stream down her face. 

She said, “… Forgive me for not protecting the souls that were slaughtered.” 

Ulex and Flare looked at her sadly, then Flare said, “It wasn’t your fault.”

Lunar looked at him then said, “Yes it was.  If I had been in here, or if I had done something about him sooner, or if I have done away with the Council when I first met them.” 

Ulex then said, “You can’t save everyone…”

But before he could finish Lunar said, “I know, but these two I should have, you have no idea how important they were to me.” 

Ulex went over to Lunar and wiped her tears away and said, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it to sound like I was saying that they weren’t important.”  Lunar looked at him surprised, and Flare looked at him a little annoyed, but then he hid it and left. 

After a little bit he came back and said, “Hey Ulex help me.”

Then he went over to Crescent and gently picked him up, and Ulex went over to Star and gently picked her up, then Flare turned to Lunar and said, “Follow me.”

They went outside and there Lunar saw a small shrine at the base of the tree that went up to Lunar’s balcony.  It had two small doors, one had a star on it, and the other had a crescent moon on it. 

Lunar looked at him shocked, as he and Ulex brought Star and Crescent’s bodies into the door that had the picture of their names on it.  Then when they came out Lunar said with a soft and thankful smile, “Thank you, Flare.”

When Lunar said his name his eyes sparkled with happiness, but his face stayed the same and he said, “You’re welcome.” 



© 2011 MirageDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on March 12, 2011


Author

MirageDreamer
MirageDreamer

... who knows *shrug*..., FL



About
meow V =^-.-^= I’m an amateur writer and love writing just as much as i love reading manga, drawing, listening to music, and watching anime I write my stories while seeing them play out as.. more..

Writing