Chapter 14- The Egg of Hope

Chapter 14- The Egg of Hope

A Chapter by MirageDreamer

Then after they stayed down there for a while they went back upstairs to the second flood of Lunar’s room, and as she looked at the spot where they laid, then Ulex went over to her and put his hand on her shoulder and Flare said, “You should get some sleep.”

As she started to go back downstairs she noticed something off to the side hidden in a corner that was a little ways off from the stairs wrapped in a blanket.  As she went over to it and froze with shock and happiness. 

For there in the blanket was an egg, it was pure black that slowly changed to white, the black part had silver dots on it, and the white part had gold dots on it, and around the middle there were three rainbow rings.  It was only four inches big. 

Lunar went over to it and slowly picked it up, and smiled.  “Where did that come from?” asked Ulex as he and Flare went over to her. 

“It must be Crescent’s and Star’s,” said Flare as he looked at her with a gentle smile. 

“Well, Lunar you should go to sleep, and we’ll wake you in the morning to leave for the mansion,” said Ulex as he tried to get her attention away from Flare. 

So they all went downstairs, and as they were going down Flare gave Ulex a glare, but he didn’t see that.  When they were downstairs, Lunar asked, “So what time are we going to leave?” 

“We’ll we should leave before anyone gets up,” said Ulex. 

“Ok,” said Lunar as Ulex and Flare left. 

Lunar went over and took out another pair of clothes that she could sleep in, put them on her bed, after all these ones were covered in blood.  Then she went into the bathroom that was connected to her room, then she got cleaned up. 

When she was done she put on her bathrobe, then washed the blood off of Crescent’s and Star’s necklaces, then she went out into her room to pack.  When she had packed everything that she would need, or had for that matter, she went over to the closet and took out her Black Nova clothes. 

She remembered how Crescent and Star had been there when she first became the Black Nova, then tears came to her eyes as she folded it up and put it in her bag, then she took a dark rainbow crystal pendant, in the shape of a prism, and one and a half inches big, that was connected to a long thin silver chain, out from under her shirt.

As she held it in her hand, then she gently touched it to her lips and said “Help them find peace, and please let them know I will take good care of their child, just as I took care of Crescent.”  Then she put it back under her shirt and went to bed. 

The next day Lunar got up before the sun, got her bag, then took the egg and made a pouch then put that gently over her shoulder.  Now she had her hair down, and she had on black pants, a long tight long-sleeved black shirt, she had her daggers at her side, her swords behind her, her pack on her left side, and the egg on her right, then she went out onto the balcony, and saw Flare and Ulex. 

“Well, you ready to go?” asked Ulex. 

“Yup,” said Lunar with a smile. 

So they left, before anyone was up, and as they flew over the grave of the royals she looked down and whispered, “Mother, Father, I’ll be back, also, take good care of Crescent and Star.” 

At lunchtime they stopped to eat, “Hey, I’ll go find some water,” said Ulex as she started to leave.

Lunar said as she left, “I’ll see about getting some food.” 

So Ulex got some water, Lunar got some food, and Flare guarded the things.  Lunar came back before Ulex, and she went over and sat down next to Flare, then out of nowhere Flare asked, “Hey, Lunar do you like Ulex?”

“Huh?” asked Lunar confused as she looked at him. 

“Well, I was just wondering because he seems to like you,” said Flare as he looked away annoyed.

Suddenly Ulex came back, when he saw them together there was a flash of jealousy, Flare saw that, then as Ulex went over to them Flare backed away, and Lunar noticed that then she asked, “So once we rest up and everything, how much longer?”

Ulex then looked at Lunar and said with a smile, “Oh, not that much more, maybe an hour or two.” 

“Oh, then why don’t we start soon?” suggested Lunar as they went over and sat down. 

“Sure,” said Ulex. 



© 2011 MirageDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on June 7, 2011


Author

MirageDreamer
MirageDreamer

... who knows *shrug*..., FL



About
meow V =^-.-^= I’m an amateur writer and love writing just as much as i love reading manga, drawing, listening to music, and watching anime I write my stories while seeing them play out as.. more..

Writing