Chapter 16- Hope and Fear

Chapter 16- Hope and Fear

A Chapter by MirageDreamer

Sol just looked at them then he stormed off to apologize.  When he was at Lunar’s door and about to knock on it, but he stopped because he heard Lunar talking.

He noticed the tone in her voice wasn’t anger it was sadness.  “This sucks, this all started at that stupid fire, if I had never found out about being the princess of the Dragon Kingdom then I wouldn’t have been told I had to marry Solor, or that I’m not needed, and Crescent and Star wouldn’t have died, and I wouldn’t have become who I am right now… I’ve cried so much, before I never cried, I’m so sick of crying.”

When Sol heard that he froze and thought nervously, ‘Oh crap I made her cry, those guys are going to kill me.’  Then he hesitantly knocked on the door, then waited. 

After a little bit the door opened and when Lunar saw Sol, she asked annoyed, “What?” 

“I…I wanted to apologize for in there,” said Sol as he looked away.

Lunar looked at him and said with a suspicious look in her eyes, “No you didn’t.” 

“How do you know?” asked Sol as he looked at her. 

“I can tell by your eyes,” said Lunar with a mischievous smile. 

Suddenly there was a cracking sound and Lunar turned around to see the egg with a crack in it.  She went over to her bed where it was, and Sol came in, but kept his distance.  Lunar looked at him then looked back at the egg, and suddenly a small piece broke off.  

Sol looked at Lunar and noticed that she had such a bright smile on her face, but a sad look in her eyes, then he looked back at the egg, and suddenly the shell cracked all over and the piece broke away, and there was a dragon. 

It had one bright purple eye, and one bright blue eye, it was as small as a kitten, and it had pure black silky long fur that stopped at its head, then there were bright blue dragon scales.  It had a silver crescent moon on its forehead and a gold star in the moon, and its horns had silver spiraling around them.  Its wings were made of rainbow feathers, and its feet were silver that slowly changed into black.  At the end of its tail there was were three crystals, one silver, one gold, and one rainbow, also the fur on its tail was really long and fluffy so it kind of looked like a fluffy cat’s tail.  Lastly around its neck it had a necklace with a silver chain, and a one-inch silver sphere that could open up and on one side there was a crystal moon, and on the other side there was a gold star. 

It looked at Lunar, then started to purr as Sol went over to them.  “It purrs?” asked Sol as Lunar gently pat her head. 

“Well of course her mother was an angelicat,” said Lunar as a tear of happiness and sadness fell. 

“An angelicat, and a dragon,” said Sol amazed.  Then he asked, “How do you know it’s a she?” 

“Simple, she told me,” said Lunar. 

“What do you mean?” asked Sol as if she were crazy.

Lunar looked at him annoyed and with a look that said, ‘Oh just shut up.’  Then she said, “Look at her, she’s talking.”

Sol went over and stood a foot away from the bed and looked at her with a look that said, ‘You can’t be serious.’  Then after a bit his look changed to shock and he said, “You’re right.” 

Then Lunar said, “Her name’s Hope.” 

Suddenly Ulex came in and went over to Lunar said, “Hey Lunar, Sol dinner is ready.”  Then when he saw Hope he went over and sat down next to Lunar. 

When Hope saw Ulex touch Lunar, she lifted her head and gave a growl.  Ulex looked surprised, then Lunar looked at Hope and said with a firm voice “Hope.”  Hope looked up at her guilty then Lunar couldn’t help but let out a little laugh then she said, “It’s ok, just don’t growl at him or these other guys who you’re going to meet.” 

Then Ulex stood up, and Hope flew up to Lunar’s shoulder and went behind her then rested on her shoulder so that Lunar’s hair was covering her up, then Lunar stood up and gave a little laugh, and when she did Ulex looked at her in awe of her beauty. 

As she walked out of the room Sol and Ulex went out behind her and as they did Sol whispered to Ulex, “Don’t let your infatuation get the best of you.” 

Then Ulex looked at Sol and whispered, “Well don’t let your superiority complex get the best of you.” 

Lunar didn’t hear either of them because she was too busy laughing because Hope was playing with her hair.  When they went downstairs, Lunar introduced Hope to everyone

“Wow an angelicat and a dragon’s child,” said Aqua amazed at her. 

Then Coslo said “She’s so pretty, and she looks really healthy.”  Hope gave a playful meow at the compliment. 

So they all ate then went into the living room.  “Oh hey you guys, you’ll never believe what happened at the Dragon Kingdom,” said Ulex as he got everyone’s attention except for Lunar who was playing with Hope. 

Hope was flying through the air and catching treats that Lunar was throwing up in the air.  

Sol every now and then looked over at the two.  “So what happened?” asked Coslo. 

“I met a boy who was a killer with the swords, he totally beat me, he was so fast too,” said Ulex as Lunar stopped throwing treats up, and Hope flew over to her and ate the rest out of her hand. 

“So what was his name?” asked Aqua intrigued. 

“He called himself the Black Nova,” said Ulex as Lunar got kind of uncomfortable and Sol noticed that. 

Suddenly the clock chimed nine.  “We really should get to bed,” said Flare as they all were about to get up. 

Then Aqua said, “Oh that reminds me, since things were so busy we forgot to tell you that we’ve all been having a dream since we’ve gone to the temple.  In the dream there’s a full moon with a rainbow ring around it and the sun is black, and all six of us are in the temple, then everything goes black and then a voice comes out of nowhere and says, ‘Weevado, Zedloom, Sofadoola, Mattelomaree, Sattelofnate, Jeeleevado, Govadeemelloofato, Seevota.’  Then we all end up waking up.” 

When Lunar heard those words she felt a chill go up her spine, and the crystal under her shirt turn ice cold. ‘When the rainbow ring of destiny appears, and the sun turns black with the shadow of death, the one with the Dragon Crystal of Destiny will be called upon, the curse mark of life will begin to disappear but it will not vanish till the end, they and the Elementals must return to the shrine of the swordmagi, there they will fight with the spirit if the kingdom, they will all fall but be reborn as they were with the help of the destined one, then once the destined one has finished their part they will vanish never to return again for they are of time and the universe, the only way they will stay is if one still needs them and if that should be the case the curse marks will vanish without fulfilling its purpose,’ thought Lunar to herself.

Then she snapped out of it when Coslo said, “We have no idea what it means or anything, we’ve looked it up in everything possible, but nothing.” 

When Sol saw the look on Lunar’s face before he now asked, “Hey Lunar do you know what that means?” 

Lunar looked at him and said with no hint of lying in her voice, “No.”

“Well we’ll look into it more tomorrow, right now we should go to sleep,” said Flare.  They went into their rooms and got ready for bed. 

“Hey, Hope do you have any memories of Crescent and Star’s?” asked Lunar as brushed her hair.  Lunar looked at her surprised because the look in her eyes said, ‘yes.’ 

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, when Lunar opened it she saw Sol.  “Hey can I talk to you for a sec,” said Sol mischievously. 

“Sure,” said Lunar instantly suspicious. 

Once he was in and he had closed the door he looked at her with an evil smile and said, “So you’re the Black Nova.” 

Lunar looked at him surprised then said as she looked away, “What are you talking about?” 

“Well, you got tense when Ulex said that, and you also have a sword, and I can tell by the way you have it you are use to handling one, and those swords are of the highest level, I haven’t seen anyone with them, that is other than me,” said Sol. 

Lunar looked at him then said, “Can you not tell the others.” 

“Why?” asked Sol. 

“Well, I just don’t think that Ulex would like it if he found out that the Black Nova was me, after all he lost pretty badly,” said Lunar as Sol gave her a smile.

Then he asked, “How fast?” 

“About three seconds,” said Lunar with a tidbit of amusement. 

As she said that Sol burst out laughing.  “Hahaha, and he said that he was good, hah.”  Then he paused and looked at Lunar and said, “I also wanted to apologize for before.”  Lunar looked at him surprised then he added, “And I also wanted to apologize for making you cry.” 

“What?” asked Lunar confused. 

“Well I heard you talking before I knocked on the door.  You said you were tired of crying,” said Sol. 

“Y-you heard that?” asked Lunar embarrassed. 

“Yeah,” said Sol then he added, “Hey, who were Crescent and Star?” 



© 2011 MirageDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on March 12, 2011


Author

MirageDreamer
MirageDreamer

... who knows *shrug*..., FL



About
meow V =^-.-^= I’m an amateur writer and love writing just as much as i love reading manga, drawing, listening to music, and watching anime I write my stories while seeing them play out as.. more..

Writing