Chapter 17- Song of Sorrow

Chapter 17- Song of Sorrow

A Chapter by MirageDreamer

Lunar froze then she gave Hope a skritcher on her head then she said sadly as she held the two necklaces, “They were Hope’s parents, Crescent had been with me ever since he had hatched, and Star had been with Noch ever since she was a few weeks old, and now they’re in the kingdom… dead.” Lunar’s eyes were filled with sadness, but she didn’t cry even though it looked like she might, instead she looked at Hope with a smile. 

“That’s a pity it’s sad to hear that.”  Suddenly Hope flew over to Sol and playfully pushed him.  That caused him to fall forward and on top of Lunar, and they both fell back.  Sol looked down at her as Hope gave a small smile. 

Sol quickly got up and said embarrassed, “M-my bad.” 

“No, it’s not your fault,” said Lunar then she turned to Hope and said, “You’re a little mischief maker.”

Hope just flew playfully through the air.  Lunar lifted her hand and put a piece of hair behind her ear as she said, “Sheesh, she’s kind of like Star in that way, she did the same thing as her.”

When Lunar raised her hand her sleeve slipped down her arm and Sol saw something on it.  “Hey, Lunar…” said Sol as she looked at him then he finished, “What’s that?” as he pointed to her wrist. 

Lunar looked at her wrist then quickly covered it up and said, “What?”  Sol looked at her with a ‘I’m not falling for that look’ then Lunar said, “I-it’s nothing.”

As she looked away then Sol grabbed her wrist and pulled up her sleeve so that he could see then he said, “That’s not nothing.” 

Lunar yanked her hand away then she said as she got up, “They’re just something I’ve had since before I can remember.”

“What do you mean they?” asked Sol as Lunar got a look in her face that told Sol that she regretted saying that. 

“Can I see?” asked Sol.

Then Lunar grabbed her wrist then she said, “Wait a little bit.”  Then she took some clothes into the bathroom that was connected to her room then a little bit after that she came out in black shorts, and a bright blue spaghetti-strapped shirt, and she had her hair braided. 

When Sol saw her he was first a little embarrassed with what she had on, then he was amazed, because all up her arms, down her legs and around her neck right under where her clothes covered had all sorts of designs and marks on them. 

Lunar walked over to her bed uneasily and said, “This is why I don’t wear these kinds of things.” 

“This is amazing, I’ve seen things like this in an ancient temple not to far from here,” said Sol as Lunar sat down and Hope flew over to Lunar and laid down on the nest that used to have her egg in it. 

“Hey tomorrow can you come with me to the temple?” asked Sol as he traced the marks on her arm with his finger. 

Lunar stood up and walked over to the window and said, “Sure.”  

Sol looked at Lunar who was looking out the window.  Then he saw the sun and moon on the back of her neck then asked as he went over to her and touched it.  “What about this one, this one’s different?” 

Lunar moved away then touched the mark and said, “It’s nothing.”  

Sol went over to her and said as he looked at her, “You can’t seriously expect me to believe that.”

Lunar looked at him then she said, “The moon is the mark of life that keeps me alive until what I am destined to do is over, and the sun is the mark of death that will… kill me once what I have done is over if no one needs me.”  

Sol looked at her surprised then he asked sympathetically as he brushed some hair out of her face, “How is it that one person’s life is so painful in such a short time?” 

Lunar looked at him surprised then Sol just realized what he did then he put his hand down and said, “So-”

Suddenly Lunar interrupted before he could say anything more, “Don’t say sorry.”  

Sol looked down, then he noticed the bright rainbow crystal stone and asked as he touched it, “What’s this?” 

“Oh…” said Lunar as the crystal went back to normal, then she continued as she held it, “This is my soul stone.”

When she saw the confused look on Sol’s face she explained, “It’s a stone that shows the emotions of the person whose soul was put in it.  You see when you get a pure clear stone,” said Lunar.

Then she went over to her bag and took out a crystal clear crystal then she continued, “You can put a piece of your soul in it so that you always know how you feel and so that if you die you can be reborn from it, that is as long as the stone doesn’t go back to being clear, if it becomes clear that means that the person’s soul doesn’t want to be reborn as they were.”

Then she took her dagger, pricked her finger, touched it to the crystal, then said, “Souluvo, tereeva, sepheeroto.”  Then the crystal slowly changed from crystal clear to a dark rainbow color. 

“What do those words mean?” asked Sol as he took the crystal from Lunar to look at it. 

“Soul of the magician, body of the warrior, reveal my true self and let me be reborn if I should be slain,” said Lunar.

Then Sol looked back at her and asked, “Can I tell the others about this, after all it would be very useful?” 

“Sure, but only them, after all this is a secret of the Phoenix Kingdom,” said Lunar.

As she said that she held out her hand for the other crystal necklace then Sol looked at her with a mischievous smile and said, “I think I’ll keep this for a little bit.”  Then he left. 

Lunar looked at the door then said annoyed as she went and changed into her night clothes.  “That stupid idiot, I was the one who showed him how to do that.”  Hope just raised her head, smiled, then went back to sleep. 

That night Sol couldn’t sleep, so he went outside to look at the field, after all at night the field glowed silver under the moon.  He went over to a rock and sat down, then he suddenly heard someone singing he got up and looked around and there standing in the middle of the field was a girl. 

She had long black hair that had silver streaks that shone in the moonlight, bright blue eyes that shone lavender, and shining silver tears that streamed down her face, two bright black wings that were tinted with purplish blue, two bright white wings that were tinted with light purplish blue, two rainbow feathered wings, pure black cat ears that had strands of silver and purplish blue, a long fluffy cat tail that also had stands of silver, and purplish blue, and three haloes of shining light over her head, one was silver, another was bright blue, and the last was black.  She had on pure black pants, a tight bright blue shirt with silver designs.  The shirt cut off at her shoulders, and when it got to her waist it loosened up into a skirt that went down to her knees, then about three inches down her arms there were sleeves that looked like they had been cut off of the dress, they were tight to start with then as they got further down to her hand they loosened up into angel sleeves, then when they got to her hand the blue changed to a transparent cloth and covered up her hands. 

He looked in awe, then he noticed that her ears were down, and saw her tears.  He stood there looking at her wondering why she was sad and listened to the song she was singing.

She sang with such a heavenly, painful, and sad voice, she sang “As I look back on the long road I’ve traveled, I see so many sorrows, but they do not compare to the dark shadow, which lingers over my unending path.  But I won’t lose, I won’t give up, there’s nothing I can’t do, I’ll promise that I can take on everything.  But time will show, time will come, and when it does, will I keep my promises.  So many years ago, I promised I’d stay innocent, but time has proven me wrong.  My hands are now stained with blood, my eyes full of tears.  I won’t cry, I won’t lose, I will stay strong, I told myself that so many times, I won’t cry, I won’t lose, I will stay strong, I told myself that so many times, for I thought if I didn’t, it would all crumble into darkness.  And now it ha-a-as... now I stand with blood-stained hands and tear-filled eyes, I stand in the ruin of my dreams and look around and cry.  Now I only have the one road left, the one road that has the shadow of death, and the chains of solitude that bind me to loss, that bind me to the fate of death and solitude, the road that leads up to the end of the chains, the road that holds my death at its end…”   Then the girl stopped singing and paused then she finished less sadly, but with more pain in her voice, and just as heavenly she continued, “But I will not give in, I will not cry, I will try my best to stay stro-o-o-ong, I told myself that so many times…And it is tru-u-u-ue, it’s the one promise I made myself that time will not destroy-o-o-o-oy.  A---a---a---h.”   

Then she stopped and looked at the full moon, then suddenly the moonlight caught something, and Sol saw that her wings were tangled in chains made of shadows and black mist, they lead to her hands and chained her to the darkness as well as the light of the moon.  

Sol looked at her in amazement and with confusion.  As he continued to watch her she put both her hands a little above her head and a foot away from her body.  Sol looked at her then he gasped when he saw what happened. 

A crystal sphere appeared in her hands and shone with all the colors imaginable, and inside the sphere which was about a foot big there was a whole other world. 

The second it appeared it disappeared as the girl looked around to see who she heard, then when she saw Sol she spread her wings to fly, but Sol started over and said, “P-please don’t go.”  But she flew up anyway and disappeared into the darkness of the night.



© 2011 MirageDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on June 7, 2011


Author

MirageDreamer
MirageDreamer

... who knows *shrug*..., FL



About
meow V =^-.-^= I’m an amateur writer and love writing just as much as i love reading manga, drawing, listening to music, and watching anime I write my stories while seeing them play out as.. more..

Writing