Chapter 18- Temple of the Goddess

Chapter 18- Temple of the Goddess

A Chapter by MirageDreamer

The next day they all woke up and Lunar had on a tight long long-sleeved bright blue shirt, black pants, and a black jacket that she zipped up.  

So they were about to leave for the temple, when Sol told them about the soul stone, and they all made one, then put them into a black velvet bag and put them in a box that was in the living room, then they left, and Sol decided not to tell anyone about the girl. 

When they got to the temple Lunar saw all sorts of carvings around the walls, “Hey, why don’t we explore further in today,” suggested Flare. 

“Sure,” agreed everyone. 

“Ok, should we pair up and split up then meet back here around sundown and tell what we found?” asked Flare.

“Ok, so me and Sol, Flare and Ulex, and Aqua and Lunar,” said Coslo. 

“Ok,” agreed everyone, then they split up and left.  “Hey Sol what’s up with you, you’ve been different recently,” said Coslo. 

“It’s nothing, just Lunar…” said Sol as he held Lunar’s soul stone, and Coslo looked at Sol interested.

“What about her?” asked Coslo. 

“She… the markings on the inner room, the one that has the picture of that time and space goddess, she has those markings on her,” said Sol as Coslo looked at him surprised.

Then Coslo said, “Those markings, I wonder what that means?” 

“I’m not sure, but I hope she’ll be ok.  After all those markings are supposed to be very powerful, and to have all of them on one person,” said Sol worried as Coslo looked at Sol suspiciously.

Suddenly Coslo’s face lit up and he said with a sinister smile, “You sound worried about her.” 

“What!?  What are you talking about?” asked Sol embarrassed.

Coslo asked suspiciously, “Do you like her?” 

“What!?  Of course not, she’s… she’s... she’s,” said Sol not able to say anything else.

Coslo looked at him with a calm smile and said, “Well if you do I’ll back off, and I’m sure the others will, that is except for Ulex.”  Sol looked away from Coslo embarrassed. 

Suddenly they heard Aqua calling, and they ran into the front room and saw everyone there except for Lunar.  “Hey, where’s Lunar?” asked Ulex concerned. 

“Well, we were exploring the temple and we went into the goddess room, then suddenly Lunar fainted and then before I could go over to see if she was ok a door closed down, and locked her in,” said Aqua in a panic. 

They all instantly ran down the hall to the very end and there was a huge stone wall where the entrance to the room would be.  “What are we going to do?” asked Aqua concerned. 

“I have no idea.  That’s got to be more than three feet of solid stone,” said Flare. 

“We should go back to the house to get something to break it open, after all Lunar and Sol are the only ones who brought their weapons,” said Ulex. 

“Ok, Sol you stay here in case anything happened,” said Coslo, as they all left, but before Coslo left, he gave Sol a smile then quickly ran to catch up to the others.  

Sol took out Lunar’s soul stone again and looked at it, he noticed that it was rainbow gray, and it seemed to be getting grayer, that worried him.  Then he looked at the door and took his five-bladed sword that had the blades arranged as a five-pointed star, and a hole in the center that was where he would hold, then he took it in his hands, then he started spinning it around and there was a blur of silver because of how fast he was spinning it, then suddenly the silver turned to pure white light tinted with rainbow, then he pressed it into the door and slowly the door crumbled away. 

The room and markings all around over the walls, and on the opposite wall there was a girl who looked just like the one that Sol had seen in the field, and in the center of the room there was a pedestal, and right over it there was a hole in the ceiling that showed the sky, and in the center of the pedestal there was a box stuck in it, and on the top of the box there was a rainbow crystal in the center, and around it was an opal, a ruby, an emerald, a sapphire, and a mica.  Then on top of that was a black velvet cloth trimmed with silver writing, and laid on the cloth there was a double sided silver staff, one end had two clock hands one had a moon on the end and the other had a sun, and hanging on the hand with the moon on the end there was a black rainbow crystal, and a silver bell, and hanging on the hand with the sun on the end there was a white rainbow crystal, and a gold bell,  The two clock hands were at a tilted ninety degree angle, so that they were both equally away from the handle, and in the center of the two hands there was a large dark blue sphere with silver shinning dots in it, and two silver rings around the sphere that were about an inch away from the sphere.  On the other end of the staff there was a silver blade with a sheath that made it so the blade was hardly noticeable.

When he got through he saw Lunar laying on the floor.  “Lunar,” called Sol as he ran over to her, he turned her over so that she was laying on her back.  Then he leaned close to listen if she was breathing, and he left out a sigh of relief when he heard her breathing, and her steady heart beat. 

Then he suddenly looked at her with a different look in his eyes as he remembered what Coslo said then he whispered, “There’s no way I could have fallen in love with her within one day… then why am I attracted to her so much, the way she talks, the way she moves, why are my eyes always drawn to her?” 

He then leaned down to kiss her, but quickly backed away when Lunar started to wake up.  As she opened her eyes Sol looked away from her in embarrassment, then as she sat up and put her hand to her head she asked, “Uh, what happened?”

“You and Aqua came into the goddess room and you fainted,” said Sol as he continued to look away from her. 

“Hey what’s up with you?” asked Lunar as she put her hand on his shoulder. 

“Nothing,” said Sol as he pushed her hand away, and Lunar looked at him surprised.

Then she added as she got up, “Sheesh you don’t have to be so cold, seriously.”  Then she went over to the back of the room and looked at the picture, and she asked, “So who is she?” 

“From what we can make out, she’s the goddess of time and space, also known as the Goddess of Creation,” said Sol as he got up and Lunar looked surprised. 

She ran her hand over the goddess, and the staff that she had, then she looked at the one on the stand and noticed that they were the exact same. 

She went over to the staff and was about to touch it when Sol grabbed her hand and said, “Don’t touch it, we’ve all tried, then we found out only the goddess can take it.” 

Lunar looked at him surprised then Sol quickly looked away embarrassed as he let go of her hand, then she looked at him and asked, “Ok, seriously, what’s wrong?” 

Lunar looked at Sol who was looking away from her, then he asked, “H-hey, L-Lunar you know how you said you weren’t interested in love?” 

“Yeah,” said Lunar confused. 

“Lunar, you’re ok!” called Ulex as they all came running in and he gave her a hug and said with tears in his eyes as Sol gave him a glare, “I was so worried about you.” 

The other guys just looked at Ulex, then at Sol, then Flare said, “We should probably go back to the house after all things went a little… unexpectedly.”  Flare gave Sol a smile. 

So they went back to the house, and when they were there Aqua suggested, “Hey Lunar why don’t you go rest.” 

“Ok,” said Lunar as she started to walk to her room, but stumbled and had to lean on the wall. 

“Hey are you ok?” asked Ulex as Hope flew over to Lunar. 

“Yeah, just got a little dizzy,” said Lunar as she stood up again, but had to rest on the wall once again. 

“Hey, Sol, can you help Lunar out?” asked Aqua as he gave Sol a smile.  

Sol then said hesitantly, “Uh, sur-“

Suddenly Ulex interrupted and said as he went over to Lunar, “It’s ok, I’ll help her.” 

But when he was about to touch Lunar, Hope hissed.  “Hope, what did I tell you about hissing,” said Lunar firmly as everyone looked at Hope surprised.  When Lunar said that, she didn’t say it as firmly as usual for some reason her head was really bothering her.

Then Sol said as he went over to her, “Sure, you should get some rest.” 

Lunar looked at him then at Ulex and said, “It’s ok, I can get there on my own.”  As she started to walk, but fell down. 

Ulex held his arms out to catch her, but Sol moved faster and caught her first.  The others looked at them, then at Ulex.  Sol then quickly said before Ulex could say anything, “Come on Lunar, and quit being so stubborn.” 

“Fine,” said Lunar as Sol helped her to her room. 

“Hey Ulex, Flare, Aqua, can you guys come with me, I found something out at the temple, and I want to go look into it,” said Coslo. 

“How long will it be for?” asked Ulex. 

“Well, at longest till dinner,” said Coslo then he quickly added when he was sure Lunar was gone, “It might concern Lunar.”

So they all left after Coslo found Sol quickly and told him that they were leaving. 

“Hey Sol, what’s up with you and Ulex?” asked Lunar as Sol helped her to her bed. 

“What are you talking about?” asked Sol.

As he said that Lunar looked at him, then she said, “Well, lately you two have been really tense around each other.” 

“I-it’s nothing, just… just guy things,” said Sol as he started to leave.

He stopped when Lunar said, “Hey you know how at the temple and everything.”

“What about it?” asked Sol. 

“Well, it’s about that staff, do you have any idea who the Goddess of Creation is?” asked Lunar as she looked away from him. 

“No, but this is just between the two of us, I saw her last night, she was in the field,” said Sol as Lunar got tense.

Then she hesitantly whispered, “Yeah, I know.” 

“How could you?” asked Sol as he looked at her suspiciously. 

“Never mind, I should probably rest some,” said Lunar as she lay down and turned toward the window and away from Sol.  

Sol looked at her then was about to leave when Hope went over to Lunar and looked at her nervously, as Lunar turned over onto her back and closed her eyes in pain and started to breath heavily.  When Sol noticed that he went over and looked at Lunar and noticed that she was warming up and her breathing became heavier. 

“L-Lunar are you ok?” asked Sol petrified. 

Then he heard Hope say, “What’s going to happen to mommy?” 

“I don’t know, I don’t know how to take care of people,” said Sol as he went into Lunar’s bathroom and got a bowl full of cold water and a towel, then wiped the sweat off her forehead, then put his hand on hers. 

She was clenching the covers as if she was in pain, then suddenly a blue halo appeared around her head, just like the one that the girl in the field had, then it disappeared as Lunar clenched the covers tighter as if she was in more pain. 

“L-Lunar, is Lunar the goddess?” asked Sol in shock, then he turned back to Lunar and wiped the sweat off her again,

“If mommy looks sick then should we get medicine?” asked Hope. 

“Hope, can you go get the herbs that are in the herbal closet?” asked Sol as he looked at Lunar concerned. 

Hope happily flew up and said, “Yay, I get to help mommy.”  Then she darted out.  

Sol then looked at Lunar and noticed her breathing had gone back to normal and that she seemed to be getting better, and on top of that she was asleep, Sol looked at her then whispered as he brushed some hair out of her face, “I… I think I’ve fallen in love with her.” 

Lunar slept till lunch time, when she awoke, she woke up to thunder, and noticed that Sol was gone, then there was a knock on the door and she heard Sol call from the other side, “Lunar are you up?” 

“Yeah,” called Lunar back.

“Do you mind if I come in?” asked Sol. 

“No,” called Lunar as she went over and opened the door. 

On the other side was Sol, and he was soaking wet.  “What happened?” asked Lunar as Sol came in. 

“Well I was outside getting some medicinal herbs that we were running low on, and well it started to rain,” said Sol.

Lunar said as she went over to him, “You really should change out of those clothes, otherwise you might catch a cold.” 

“Oh, yeah,” said Sol as he started to leave.

But he stopped when Lunar asked, “Is there something that you wanted to talk to me about?” 

“Oh, I’ll tell you after I get dry,” said Sol hesitantly as he left. 

“Hey before you go, where’s Hope?” asked Lunar. 

“Oh, she’s somewhere around, I’m not quite sure where,” said Sol as he left. 

So Lunar went looking for Hope, then she came to a room that had the door cracked open, “Maybe she’s in there,” said Lunar as she opened the door. 

On the other side was Sol, he had changed and now he had a towel on his head to dry his hair.  “O-oh sorry,” said Lunar as she was about to leave. 

“It’s ok,” said Sol quickly then Lunar stopped as Sol went over to her. 

“So has Hope been here?” asked Lunar uneasy as Sol walked over to her. 

“I don’t know,” said Sol as he stopped a little way away from her.

Then she turned around to leave and said, “I should go check somewhere else.”

She was about to go out the door, but stopped when Sol asked, “Can I talk to you now?” 

Lunar looked at him and said, “Uh, sure.” 

“Well I was wondering do you want to go back to the temple, I want to see if my theory is correct?” asked Sol.

“Ok,” said Lunar as they heard the door open.

Then Ulex called up, “Hey Sol is Lunar ok?”  

Sol called down, “Yeah, she just needed some rest.”  Then the two of them went back down stairs. 



© 2011 MirageDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on June 7, 2011


Author

MirageDreamer
MirageDreamer

... who knows *shrug*..., FL



About
meow V =^-.-^= I’m an amateur writer and love writing just as much as i love reading manga, drawing, listening to music, and watching anime I write my stories while seeing them play out as.. more..

Writing