Chapter 21- Truth

Chapter 21- Truth

A Chapter by MirageDreamer

Then he got on his sword and flew for the temple, and the others followed close behind.  When they got there, they were about to go in when something shot out of the hole in the roof, they all stopped and looked up.  There in the sky was Lunar, she was shining brightly, then suddenly they saw something smaller shoot up, and then they saw Hope playfully and happily flying around Lunar. 

They all looked up with happiness and disbelief, as Lunar flew down and landed on the ground in front of them, then changed back into her original form and her clothes changed back to what they were before.  “L-Lunar,” called Ulex as they all went running over to her.

She looked at them with a smile and said, “Hah, I knew you guys would be ok.” 

They all just looked at her and Hope said, “See I told you she wasn’t dead.” 

Lunar looked at Hope with a smile.  Then she turned to the others and said, “Why don’t we go back to the house.”  So they went back to the house and when they got there they all went to sleep, but before Lunar did she went out onto her balcony and looked up at the moon, then she looked at the staff, and said out loud with a smile and to no one in particular, “Tomorrow… tomorrow I’ll go back to the kingdom and confront the Council.”  Then she stayed out there for a little bit more, then went to bed. 

The next day when she woke up she packed her things, left them in her room, then went downstairs and into the living room.  “Hey you guys, I was thinking about going back to the Dragon Kingdom, there are some things that I need to… sort out,” said Lunar as they all looked at her. 

“Ok, sure, anyway I think I should go back to the Fox Kingdom,” said Flare. 

“Yeah, same here,” said Ulex, Aqua, and Coslo. 

“Not me, I’m not going back to the Wolf Kingdom,” said Sol as he remembered who was waiting for him. 

“Ok well, I was planning on leaving now,” said Lunar as she got up. 

“Well, ok.  I guess we’ll all see you later,” said Coslo. 

When Lunar had gone up to her room Coslo went over to Sol and asked, “Aren’t you going to tell her?”  Sol looked at him, then looked away. 

So Lunar went back up into her room, then she put her daggers around her waist, she put her swords on her back.  Then she put the Shadow in her shoulder bag, along with her talisman, her extra soul stone, her other weapon, and the crystal sphere, then she put that over her shoulder, and took her bag and put that over her other shoulder. 

“Hope, you coming?” called Lunar as she took her staff and started down the stairs.  Hope flew over to her, rested on her bag, then Lunar went to the door and called, “See you guys.”

Then she went out of the house, cast the flying spell on her staff, and was about to leave when Sol came out and went over to her.  “Hey, Lunar, before you leave I wanted to tell you something,” said Sol hesitantly. 

“What is it?” asked Lunar. 

“I... I wanted to tell you that I’ve…” said Sol embarrassed.  Then he continued when Lunar looked at him curiously, “I wanted to tell you that I’ve fallen in love with you.”  Then he added quickly as Lunar got a shocked look on her face, “But I don’t need you to say anything, I just wanted you to know.” 

Lunar then gave him a soft smile and said, “Thanks, I’ve come to like you, too.” 

When she said that Sol smiled, then he asked, “So you mind if I come visit you in the Dragon Kingdom?” 

“No, not at all, I’d love it,” said Lunar. 

“Ok, see you,” said Sol.  Then Lunar flew up and toward the Dragon Kingdom. 

Then Sol went inside with a smile on his face.  “So you told her,” said Ulex with no expression on his face. 

“Yeah,” said Sol with the same no expression look on his face, then Ulex looked at him and gave him a weak smile

“Well, I guess I’m out.”  Then he extended his hand.

Sol looked at it, then took it and said, “Thanks.” 

When Lunar got back to her Dragon Kingdom, she flew in.  When she was in, everything looked just as it did before, she then flew into the palace and into her room, when she got there she heard someone say, “L-Lunar, you’re back.”  When Lunar turned around she saw Novado. 

He ran over to her and was about to give her a hug, but she backed away and asked, “How’s the kingdom?” 

Novado looked at her surprised and said, “It’s been ok, where have you been?” 

“I went to get some time away, but back to the kingdom,” said Lunar. 

Novado looked at her, then said, “Well, more and more kingdoms are learning about us, the Council has been more and more troublesome, and well Noch stayed the same.”  Then he added, “I’m sorry about Crescent and Star.” 

Lunar looked at him surprised, then she said, “They died because they found something out about the council.”

“Yeah, I know, I found out about it too, but they don’t know I know.” 

“Well what was it?” asked Lunar. 

“Somewhere in the kingdom there’s the Dragon God.  The Council sealed him somewhere, I couldn’t find that out,” said Novado, for some reason when he mentioned the Dragon God Lunar got really annoyed. 

Lunar put her bag down on her bed and introduced Hope, then she told her to stay there as she left.  “Lunar where are you going?” asked Novado as he followed her toward the Council room.  “You can’t,” said Novado when he realized what she was doing. 

“Yes I can, because of them Crescent and Star are dead, and Noch…” said Lunar as she got to the door. 

She then burst in before Novado could do anything.  “P-princess, what are you doing here?” asked the first one shocked. 

“I came here to get rid of you, you have caused nothing but pain,” said Lunar as she held her staff horizontally. 

“We only did it to protect you,” said the second one, as a shining pure gold sphere came floating toward her.  The fifth one reached out to grab it but when they did it was gone. 

Lunar had snatched it out of the air and she had it in her hand, then she asked angrily, “How the hell is having Crescent and Star killed protecting me?” 

Then the fourth one said, “They were under a spell the day we got back, that’s why we came.”

Lunar stopped then she asked, “What do you mean?” 

“They had been exploring and they entered the Dragon God’s tree, the tree that the first queen sealed him in,” said the first one. 

Lunar looked at them suspiciously, then she asked as she touched the end of the staff to the ground, “What do you mean?” 

The fourth one explained, “You see the Dragon God betrayed the first queen, and since she was a sorceress she sealed him in a tree.  The only one who can free him is the hundredth queen of the Dragon Kingdom, you.”

Then the first one said, “That was one of the reasons we put the spell on Noch, so that you might focus on him and not explore, the other reason is because when we called him in alone, he asked us to change him into someone who can rule a kingdom, so that you could be free to do what you wish.”

“If that’s true, then why does he tell me to do things?” asked Lunar annoyed. 

“Well, you see our spell seemed to get messed up a little,” said the second one.

Then Lunar asked, “Well, what about Crescent and Star, what spell?”

“You see, the Dragon God sent out a… signal you could call it, it drew Crescent to it, and well naturally Star followed, they were being led to the Dragon God.  Once they were where he was, he told Crescent to bring you there, and well being a dragon Crescent obeyed,” said the fifth one. 

“Well then why did you have them killed?” asked Lunar angrily. 

“Once he told Crescent to do something he would have to do it, it was like a spell, basically the second Crescent entered the tree his fate was sealed,” said the fourth one. 

“Now, for my final question: where is the tree?” asked Lunar as she tightened her grip on the sphere in her hand. 

“It’s the tree to the right of the tree that is right outside your room, the door opens by touching a knothole,” said the fifth one. 

“On the other side is there a beach and a mansion carved out of a mountain?” asked Lunar. 

“Y-yes.  But how did you know?” asked the first one. 

“Because Novado took me there,” said Lunar. 

“N-Novado, he’s been the one that has been with you the entire time!?” asked the fourth one. 

“Yeah,” said Lunar. 

“That’s bad, he is the son of the family who is loyal to the Dragon God, he brought you there so that you could free the god,” said the second one. 

“…Look I don’t know if I can even trust you.  The Shadow said that you are from this sphere, that you guys are just a spell,” said Lunar. 

“Th-the Shadow, you have it?” asked the fourth one. 

“Yeah, Novado told me about it as well,” said Lunar as she put her hand on her shoulder bag. 

“That Novado, he’s a crafty one alright,” said the fifth one. 

“What do you mean?” asked Lunar. 

“The Shadow has the way of how to release the Dragon God, it was written by the first queen,” said the third one. 

“So you’re saying that Novado’s been using me to free the Dragon God by showing me where he was, and having me get the Shadow.  And the Dragon God put a spell on Crescent and Star to make them take me there, so you had them killed to protect me… do you think I’m stupid?” asked Lunar annoyed. 

“Princess, you said you had the Shadow, and that we were a spell created by one of the queens, well do you think that we would lie to you?  If you continue reading, it will say that we were created to be like guards.  We are to keep the Dragon God locked away, and we are to keep the Queen safe,” said the first one truthfully. 

“Fine, you guys have my trust, but can you at least change Noch back to how he was, you know, nicer,” said Lunar. 

“Sure,” said the first one.

Then after a little bit, the fifth one said “Ok, it’s done.” 

“Thanks, ok now I’m going to go and get some revenge on Novado for using me,” said Lunar as she left annoyed after she threw the sphere to the first of the Council, then she left as the first one caught it. 

She found Novado outside in front of the Dragon God’s tree.  “Novado,” called Lunar annoyed. 

“Oh, Lunar, did you defeat the Council?” asked Novado not knowing what was going on. 

“You stupid idiot, you used me just so that I could help you free the Dragon God,” said Lunar as she took the sheath of the staff sword and forced him back to the tree. 

“W-what no I didn’t, is this what the Council told you?” asked Novado shocked. 

“Yeah, they told me, but that doesn’t matter, because right now I trust them more than I trust you,” said Lunar, then she whammed him into the tree then backed away. 

“Well, hahaha, I guess there’s no point in trying to hide it anymore,” said Novado as he opened up the door and pushed Lunar in, then closed it. 



© 2011 MirageDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on March 12, 2011


Author

MirageDreamer
MirageDreamer

... who knows *shrug*..., FL



About
meow V =^-.-^= I’m an amateur writer and love writing just as much as i love reading manga, drawing, listening to music, and watching anime I write my stories while seeing them play out as.. more..

Writing