Chapter Three.

Chapter Three.

A Chapter by Courtney.
"

An orphan..

"

     Morning came quickly. I pushed the sheets away from my face, opening an eye slowly. The light pierced at me and I shrank back, sleepy. After a few minutes of recollecting previous things, I sat up slowly, not exactly excited to be getting up. I wasn't used to the bland smell in the air on a Sunday morning. Usually, I'd be able to smell bacon downstairs.

     I wandered over to my dresser, getting clothes for the day. I picked out a pair of jeans and a grey sweatshirt. My boots would look alright with it, I supposed. Nobody would see anyways. I wasn't leaving home. I got dressed quickly and headed downstairs. as a child, I remembered sliding down the banisters. My grandmother would always get on my case about how I wore off the polish, but I had never listened.

     The kitchen was how it had been yesterday. Clean and immaculate. The smell of mixed food hung in the air. My grandmother had loved cooking. I searched through the fridge, seeing if there were any leftovers I could microwave. None. Sighing, I grabbed two eggs and a frying pan. Several minutes later I had myself some breakfast.

     I picked at my eggs. My appetite just wasn't there. My head was reeling with thoughts and I could hardly concentrate on one thing. I tried to look on the brightside of things..hey, I wouldn't be forced to church today, would I? I wouldn't have to make grandmother tea every three hours. However, I think I'll miss that.

     I went outside to get the newspaper. It was cold..so, so, cold. My sock feet chilled on the cold sidewalk. Grandmother had just sweeped the snow off of it yesterday, and it hadn't snowed since. I hurried to the mailbox, getting the Sunday bundle out and flipping up the red flag. Inside, I sat down at the couch and snapped off the rubber band, looking

at the head article. My stomach turned.

    CAR CRASH KILLS FOUR, it read in big, bold print. There was a gorey photo that sickened me. Two cars in a head-on collision. I could..I could see her. She'd flown out the windowshield. Blood was everywhere. I felt my eyes water..She was gone forever. Nobody would ever take care of me again..

 



© 2012 Courtney.


Author's Note

Courtney.
please review. i'm writing more. <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You better write more! I'm drooling for the next chapter. Honestly, I didn't know you could write this well. The detail and imagery; it well surpasses mine and many other peoples I know. Good job :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
1 Review
Added on January 8, 2012
Last Updated on January 8, 2012
Tags: Courtney, Hell Risen, Fanfiction, Demon


Author

Courtney.
Courtney.

IN



About
Hey, I'm Courtney. I love writing, though I feel I could always do better. I tend to repeat myself when I write. I love writing short stories about pretty much anything. For some apparent reason, l.. more..

Writing
Chapter One. Chapter One.

A Chapter by Courtney.


Chapter Two. Chapter Two.

A Chapter by Courtney.