If I Were Samantha Jones

If I Were Samantha Jones

A Story by Sima Rose
"

This is a work in progress... A girl goes through a bad break-up and she decides to have a emotional makeover by taking the personality of Samantha Jones, from Sex and the City.

"

1.      If I Were Samantha Jones            

He left me for a club promoting Suicide Girl that knows how to swallow fire.  How could I compare?  I am a psychology student that works at a coffee shop.  My hobbies include drawing, yoga and knitting. So I’m left here in a dark of room huddled under blankets, clutching a bag of popcorn and watching “Sex and the City.” My roommate, Sheila busts in my room with a frown of disappointment.

                        “It’s been two weeks since the guy left you.  It’s a Saturday night get your a*s up we are going out, Stacey!” She sternly says as she switches on the lights and starts to tear through my closet. 

                        “Don’t you wish you could be someone like Samantha, but less s****y?” I say still in dream like state of sadness.

                        “Samantha would never be mourning over a man.  Can you be like Samantha for a night? She once said “as soon as my relationships are over, I move on.”  I want you to be like Samantha look good, talk smart and make jaws drop.

                        “I’m more like Charlotte. I’d give everything to have true love and a nuclear family.”

                        “Be Samantha!” I thought for a moment how my ex is snuggled up to a stunning model.  I wanted to be her, better than her.  Samantha would put on something jaw dropping and get a hotter man.  Could I really be Samantha or am I forever Charlotte?  

                        “If I’m going to be Samantha I need a padded push-up bra and stilettos,” my mind was changed.  I need this.

                        “Oh thank God.  Here, wear this!” Sheila throws me a tight short dress and spiked stilettos. 

After putting on the outfit I look at myself.  I look hot! I can be Samantha for one night.  Charlotte can take a nap in the back of my mind and I can be a sexy bombshell.  Sheila and I take shots in the car before we enter the bar.  As I wait to order a beer at the bar, she goes to say hello to someone.  A man approaches me with heart melting eyes and sleeve tattoo of roses and a crane.

                        “Sasha?” He says in a deep handsome voice starring me right into my eyes as my knees quiver from nerves.  Then I remember, I am Samantha Jones ‘hello 9-1-1? I’m on fire.’

            “Admit it, Sasha is an imaginary friend you made up in order to find an excuse to buy me a drink,” I make eye contact with the beautiful man and smile.  He smiles as well.  I’m doing it!

            “You can buy me a dirty gin martini” I smirk and he waves down the bartender.

            “I’ll have a Samuel Adams and she’ll have a dirty gin martini,” he says.  “So what is your not-Sasha, Miss?”

            “What’s in a name? What I really want to know is what your intentions with my body are?” I can’t believe I said that.  The night continues, I’m very clever and alluring.  I am totally not myself.  Last call happens and we have a date for tomorrow night, a movie and dinner. We exit the bar laughing over a bad joke. 

                        “I’ll see you tomorrow, Miss” He says, caressing my face and our eyes close and our lips embrace.  It was magical. My hands brace his hips.  There’s passion between our lips and my body feels like it’s on fire.  Then I feel a yank from the back of my head. 

                        “B***h, that’s my man!” I’m assuming this is Sasha and my bliss is shattered.  I turn around with my eyes wide and confused.

                        “James, I’m the girl you got pregnant you man w***e!”

            “SO why are you pulling on my hair?!” I yell! “He’s the scumbag!”

            “Did you know that this guy sleeps with so many girls he had no idea who I was when I told him I was pregnant with his child?!”

            “Well I just met him so no, crazy!” I say in utter shock then Sasha turns to James who is dumbfounded by the whole situation.

            “Sasha, I’m young and dumb and I’m sorry,” Sasha and I both roll our eyes. 

            “James, lose my number. Girl, I’d just get an abortion and a STD test, toodles.”  I turn and clink away in my stilettos.  James and Sasha turn to each other and start arguing.  Who knows about what?  Sheila is waiting by the car smoking a cigarette and talking to our friends.

           “We’re taking Kent and Liam, okay?” Sheila says, “SO how did it go being Samantha with the hot guy?”

            “Like anything else goes, unsuccessful but a good learning experience.”

We laugh get in the car and go over all of our antics as we drive home.  I’ll always be more Charlotte.  I forgot that Samantha ends up alone with her stilettos and dog. Charlotte gets the bliss and the family.

© 2013 Sima Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on August 24, 2013
Last Updated on August 24, 2013
Tags: short shorty, love, break-up, break up, girl, Sex and the City