Chapter 1: Captivity

Chapter 1: Captivity

A Chapter by Hunter C. Brown

Miraculously, against all my wishes, I did wake up the next day. Thirsty, hungry and sore sure, but still alive.  Near the door of my small stone cell was a loaf of bread and what looked like a cup of water.  Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't have trusted the water.  But this time I was desperately dehydrated. So, I ate the bread and drank the water quickly.  As soon as the last drops of cool water slid down my throat I wished I had more, but there was none.
After the small meal I took a closer look at my surroundings.  The walls were made of rough, thick, stone and the small light that did penetrate the gloom came through a small barred window near the ceiling of the room.  There was nothing else, no blankets, bench. Just stone.   
Then it hit me, I was stuck here.  With no one to keep me company.  I was a stranger in the land of the pyramids, even if I did manage to escape, what would I do?  Nobody in this entire country would help me and even if they did I wouldn't be able to understand one single word they said!  This mission hadn't been planned out like the others had, no I had gotten so caught up in trying to find the pyramid of king Userkare.  The only pharaoh whose tomb had not yet been found by grave robbers that I had ignored my normal planning and just set out hoping to find it.  What an idiot I've been.  And now look where I am, in captivity.
Then, my thoughts were interrupted by the sound of voices.  As they came nearer my hopes grew, maybe they decided to let me out!  As the door began to open my hopes were dashed as I saw a large, muscular, dark skinned Egyptian with a whip in his hands.  From behind him came a tall, thin man with heir of authority that told me he was some kind of Egyptian official.  The smug look on his face sent a shiver down my spine, this was the kind of man who enjoyed watching torture.  I had a very bad feeling about this.


© 2011 Hunter C. Brown


Author's Note

Hunter C. Brown
tell me if u like the story so far. i wont continue it if u guys dont like it

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh wow this is really good so far nice job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Keep on writing! I want to see what is going to happen! This is very interesting and great considering it is your first book. Good job! I want more. Keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Again very descriptive. It is very good, because you don't make the story boring. I am really interested, having been in Egypt myself.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow this is gripping and scary but it makes me wonder and want to know what happens next do you get out

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 15, 2011
Tags: Egypt, story, sand, dunes ancient


Author

Hunter C. Brown
Hunter C. Brown

Reno, NV



About
I love writing of course, thats y i'm here isn't it? I just love it. Maybe one day i'll be published, maybe i wont. As long as i have a good time getting there who cares!!!!! Though i really would l.. more..

Writing