Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Simply-Sammy

Chapter 1

I was the first week of 8th grade and Abby and I were walking home from school, when we passed the park, we decided to stop there and swing. It was a disserted park, only the high school kids and a few middle school kids came here, no one ever brought there child here, it was to creepy. We were giggling as we were trying to see who could go the highest when Abby skid to a stop.  I slowed down and stopped next to her giving her a confused look. She said nothing as she got up and walked over to the shed with the bathrooms, I reluctantly followed. As we got closer to the shed something hit me, it was a cloud of smoke, I knew there was not a fire because the smoke had a very unusual smell. Abby was sniffing in the smoke with big gulps, while I was trying not to breath at all.  

Abby stopped and stared at something, when I saw that she was staring at Jared I back away. Abby had always had a thing for him; maybe because he was a bad boy, or because, even with his baby face he was hot? Well she went right up to him and smiled, he was sitting on a brief case, he had what looked a lot like a cigarette but clearly wasn’t. He nodded a hello to us and just stared, he had thick chocolate brown hair that was cut short and rested on his head, his eyes were a piercing emerald green, and they stared right passed Abby at me. I froze as his eye met mine, he smiled slightly, then Abby turned and say he was staring at me, she gaze me an evil glare. Jared pointed at me and then motioned for me to come with one finger, I slowly approached him. He popped the paper out of his mouth,

“You want some?” he said as he blew the smoke in my face.

“I want some!” Abby screamed, she was jumping up and down like a fool, when she sees are faces her smile faded and she stared down at the ground, I turned back to Jared, he rolled his eyes then glanced at me.

“You want some?” He repeated,

“What’cha selling?” This was Abby again, she recover from her moment of embracement.

“Depends on who’s askin!” the words came out a little mean.

“Just a lonely school girl looking for some fun,” She smiled flirtatiously which Jared ignored and turned around. I cranked my neck to see what he was doing, there was a brief case on the ground, he had it opened and there were bags filled with white powder. I was not sure what it was, but I know it was drugs. Why else would he be hiding behind a smelly bathroom shed in a disserted park? He turned back around, but he stopped half way and stared at me giving me a sexy smile, I felt my cheeks blush.

“Heroin, first bag free” he threw the bag at Abby, she greedily caught. “You like, come back for more, you know were to find me,” he glanced at Abby waiting for her to leave, she glared at him and then me, I gladly ignored. He turned to me, his sexy smile all over his face; I smiled shyly and followed Abby. When I meant her at the swing she looked angry.

“What was that all about?” She spat at me; I was confused, if she meant Jared and me, nothing.

“What?”

“Why was Jared checking you out every second?”  I shrugged, I found him attractive but I was not that into him. And anyway Abby called ‘dips’ on him anyway. “Whatever!” she opened the bag, “Goin’ to try with me?” I nodded and slowly stepped forward, Abby pulled out a sheet of paper and ripped two strips, then put some of the drug on the paper and rolled it up. She offered on to me, “Crap, we need a lighter” I was about to say ‘screw it’ and throw it on the ground when a voice behind me made me jump.

“I got one,” we both turned to see Jared standing over us flicking a lighter on and off. Abby nodded and put the paper in her mouth, he lit it for her, and she started coughing, Jared smirked, “First time?” Abby nodded and turned her head as she inhales more. Jared turned to me next, I reluctantly let him light it up, I inhaled deeply and help the smoke in. the throat, it tingled as the smoke got trapped inside, I slowly blew it out. “Nice, your first time?”  I nodded, trying not to cough. He then sat down next to me on the ground, and leaned agents a pole.  “You know, you shouldn’t smoke that were everyone can see,”

“Why not!” Snapped Abby, I could she see was not happy about Jared not ‘checking’ her out.

“Because all three of us could be arrested,” he said it so calmly, and serious, I only wished he had cracked a smile.  I just looked ahead and took another long drag, while Abby dropped it and stared at Jared.

“What?” Jared laughed and I followed, I knew it was illegal; Abby I guess was a little slow.

“Its illegal!” He said in between laughs

“Why!” Abby jumped up and put her hands on her hips and stared him down. Jared shrugged still laughing. She then looked at me, and glared once more before sitting down and took a nice long drag. She held it in but she looked like she was going to throw up. I got up and threw mine in the nearby garbage.

“We better go,” I turned to Jared “Thanks I guess” he smiled at me and winked. I smiled a little but turned away from him. “You ready?” she got up and walked a head of me grabbing her bag, she did not bother to wait for me. I rolled my eyes and started to walk.

That was the first time, but definitely not the last. We bought about 3 more bags, since Jared had I thing for me we got a discount, but it was still expensive. We got high a few times, and once we were with Jared, I wished I remembered what we did because we woke up in the park half naked. Abby and I were hooked, we wanted more, and we needed more. Then one day we were at the park and Abby whispered to me.

“I don’t want anymore!” I stared at her for a while. Was she insane!

“Why not?”

“Its not good for you! I think we need to stop!”  I sighed and listened knowing she was right. For a week we went with out it, it was hell. Then around the same time we woke up in the hospital. We were lucky, the never found out what was wrong with us but we were there for about a week and a half. When we were out we were almost healed. But then again almost is as close as you can go, you are never going to stop wanting it, just a little bit. We started taking the longer way home. But when Jared came up to us he looked pissed.

“Were have you two been?” His eyes were blood shot and he looked ill.

“We quit! That crap it bad for you!” I hollered, he looked at me in surprise. “Get out of our way!” I pushed passed him leaving him there. The next day Abby made the plan to tell the cops. She would go up with a wire and say I was wrong and that she needed some, and he would hopefully give her some. Sadly Abby did not know that 5 years later her plan would ruin all three of our lives. 



© 2011 Simply-Sammy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

If taken the right way, this would have made a nice story. I wish, you'd take care of your grammar. The plot is nice.Good luck!


Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Added on January 3, 2011
Last Updated on January 3, 2011


Author

Simply-Sammy
Simply-Sammy

61073, IL



About
I love writing and reading. My spelling/grammar needs work, but I'm getting there. :) I'm 15 and have wrote many short stories, but never finished a full story. more..

Writing
Before Before

A Chapter by Simply-Sammy