Sin

Sin

A Chapter by SinTrustless
"

The kindest people have suffered the most.

"
Name: Sin Trustless
Age: 187yrs (Not counting 9yr skip)
Hair Color: Purple
Eye Color: Purple
Race: Neko
Physical Racial Traits: Cat ears, cat tail, fangs, retractable claws

Abilities: Healing
Skills: Fluent in two languages (Common, Neko), Can write/read in two 
languages (Common, Neko), Botanical knowledge, healing salves, medical combat 
training

Occupation: Stay at home mom
Job entails: Keeping children from killing each other

Favorites:
Food: Tuna Sashimi
Time of Day: Morning
Season: Spring
Drink: Milk
Thing to think of before going to sleep: New recipes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The forest was quiet, with only the rustle of leafs making noise. Walking was a purple haired neko. The neko was thin, but with long purple hair. Their hair was loosely pulled back with a ribbon. The neko paused a moment, and knelt picking a couple leaves off a plant. Adding the leaves to their bag neatly, before continuing on. The sun was warm in the sky, though the leafs were starting to take on an 
orange tint. Autumn was coming, but taking it's time getting here.

There was a noise ahead, something was coming closer. The neko paused, gripping the bag. Nothing dangerous should be able to enter the woods. The forest was powerfully enchanted, only those who needed help or sanctuary 
could find it. By all maps it didn't actually exist. Sin took a deep breath, before continuing forward. Whomever was here, likely needed help.

Moving quietly, before spotting something. Sin jumped behind a tree, nervous to approach. Walking, slowly, was a man. The man was, covered in blood. Cuts, scratches, various wounds. As he stepped blood was left on the grass. The man looked exhausted, like the weight of his own body was too much. As Sin watched the man suddenly collapsed on the ground. Instinct took over, and Sin ran over.

"Sir?" Sin asked, not really expecting a response. Sin gently rolled the man onto his back. The man's eyes were closed, he was clearly unconscious. Sin gently took a couple small bottles out, and a clear cloth. Dabbing the cloth in the bottle, before gently dabbing it on wound. The wounds looked like slices, but Sin couldn't tell what make them.

Not that Sin was an expert in wounds, so instead focused on the healing. The ointment from the bottle helped stop the blood flow. Sin then gently placed their hands over the man. Focusing on a large gash across the man's chest, before Sin's hands turned a gentle green. The wound began to heal, it was slow but a steady process.

After a bit Sin's extent of magic was exhausted. So, went back to dabbing with ointments, and wrapping with clothes. Sin wished they were in a better location.
Laying in the grass wasn't the best, though certainly not the worst. Once Sin felt better, Sin began the magic healing. Always focusing on the worst wounds.

Repeating this process a few times, finally the man grunted. Though if it was pain, or simply a return to consciousness was hard to tell. Sin gently leaned over the man, "Sir? Are you awake? I'm healing you. Just relax." Sin looked back to the wound, and touched the cloth to a wound, but the muscle tinged as if in pain. Sin looked to the man's face again, and the man seemed to be grimacing. "Please stay calm, I know it hurts but-"

Suddenly the man's eyes opened, they were dark red. His expression was one of rage, as the man sat up. Sin was knocked back, and the man loomed over. "Please relax, you'll reopen your wounds." Sin said, somehow maintaining a calm tone despite the man's ferocity. The man stared for a long moment, before his eyes faded and turned golden. He then collapsed next to Sin.

Sin was still a moment, before sitting up. Sin sighed, "You reopened two wounds..." Sin began dabbing them with the cloth, and the man flinched with each touch. "Please do your best to hold still, it makes this much easier." Sin glanced and realized the man was staring, eyes half-glazed. Sin was quiet, "My name is Sin. I'll be taking care of you."

The man gave a weak smile, "Sin..." he managed before his eyes closed again. Sin nearly panicked, thinking the man losing the fight. But it was better if the man slept while Sin kept working. It was nearly an hour later, when Sin stepped back. The man would need some time to rest, before being 100%, but this was a good start.
Sin gently took out a bottle from the bag and placed it near the male. He'd likely be sleeping for a while, so it was probably a good time to make some food. So, Sin gently knelt by the male. "Please stay put, I'm gonna make some food and be right back." Sin knew the male was unconscious, but it was rude to not share such information. So, Sin adjusted the bag and went off.

After a little Sin came to a river, and began heading upstream. Sin then came to a waterfall, and walked behind it, entering a cave. The cave eventually opened into a cavern, and inside was a small house. Sin went over and went inside.

The house was almost a one room house. There was a chair and fireplace left, with a kitchen dining set up to the right. In the back left corner was a bed, shrouded by curtains for some sort of privacy, and in the back right was a door to a bathroom. Sin gently placed down the bag, before going to the kitchen.

Sin examined what ingredients there already were. Then thought on the man's condition. A good soup or stew was likely best, something soft but filling. Lots of vegetables. Sin began cooking, chopping up vegetables, and cooking away. Busying away at the cooking, Sin began to hum absently. It would be nice cooking for someone else, rather than eating alone. After a bit the soup was ready, so Sin began looking for a good container to carry it in. Finding the perfect one, Sin stood and picked up the ladle.

"Is that for me?" a voice said behind Sin. Startled Sin dropped the ladle, and container turning about. It was the man, Sin's mind raced. Starting with questions how long it'd taken to cook, versus how long the man would likely be unconscious. These questions were put aside as Sin blurted the real question.

"How did you find me?" Sin asked, that was the real mystery. The man looked at Sin, and took a step but grunted and limped a half step instead. Sin quickly hurried over, "Oh, you silly man." Sin said, offering the man support. "Come on, sit down. I repaired the damage to your leg, but that doesn't mean you should be walking around."

The man let Sin help him to a chair and eased into the chair. Sin examined him, "It looks like nothing reopened, so that's good." Sin said then went over to the soup, figuring it was best to feed the man here. The man sat quietly, just watching Sin. After just a moment Sin brought over two bowls of soup, and set it down in front of the man. "Eat up." Sin offered.

The man gently began to eat, "Best I've ever had." he offered. Sin smiled, "You're just saying that cause you're suffering from blood loss." The man stared at Sin a moment, "Blood loss makes food taste better?" he asked. Sin laughed, "Well no, but it can cause confusion."

The man finished the bowl, and Sin gently got up taking the bowl. "Would you like more?" The man seemed to think before saying, "I dunno, I'm confused." Sin offered a gently laugh, and poured him another bowl. Sin brought it over, and stood with it. "Your stomach is confused?"

The man stared at Sin, "Yup, it can't tell if I'm hungry or gonna vomit." Sin set the bowl down, before sitting, "Nausea, is also a symptom of blood loss." Sin continued eating, as did the man, who spoke quietly. "Any more serious symptoms I should know about?"

Sin looked to him, "Serious?" The man nodded, "Yea, like... Is my leg gonna fall off? Cause this is like the worst pain I've ever felt. I didn't know anything could be this painful." Sin offered a gentle smile, "If you leg was going to fall off, it would go numb first. The pain means you're healing, it also means you need to stop walking around forests until it's better... Which reminds me, how did you find me?"

The man ate another bite as if to give himself time to think, "Dunno." Sin's smile faded, "You don't know? How do you not know?" The man gave playful smirk, "Confusion." Sin couldn't restrain a slight laugh, even knowing it wasn't the truth. The man finished the soup, and Sin gently took both bowls over to the pot. "Do you want more?" There was a thump, and Sin turned about.

The man had passed out again, on the table. Sin sighed, "At least pass out on something better for your recovery..." Sin looked to the bowls, "At least he ate." Sin then washed the bowls, and put them away before saving the soup. Sin went to the male, unsure what to do. Sin gave the man's shoulder a gentle shake, "Come on now, wake up. There's a nice bed in the back that you can sleep on."

The man grumbled a bit, and Sin gently got under his arm and helped lift him. The man was practically sleep walking, and limped awfully on the leg. Sin got him to the bed, and helped him onto it. The man slumped into the bed, Sin sighed before gently pulling the blanket over. Sin then pulled the curtain closed.

The next morning Sin awoke in the chair by the fire. Sin lazily stretched, getting up, and walking to the kitchen. Sin pulled a bottle of milk out and drank it, sleepily. Sin was not a morning person.

"Right from the bottle, eh?" a voice said. Sin looked, standing leaned against the wall was the male, his wounds looked remarkably better. Sin caped the milk and put it back, shyly. The man gave a chuckle, and Sin stared at him a bit. Before walking passed towards the bathroom and going inside. Sin clearly was still asleep.

From outside the man heard the water suddenly turn on, and then Sin came back out. Sin's clothes were drenched, "I'm awake." Sin said, shivering a bit. The man was quiet, "That... is one way to wake up in the morning." he finally offered. Sin looked to the man, "You should shower, your clothes are all bloody, and it's hard to see if there's any other wounds I need to address, with the blood and dirt."

The man looked down at himself, "I don't have a change of clothes." Sin nodded, "I'll take care of that. Just shower." Sin then turned to a basket near the fireplace. The man watched the spoke quietly, "Sin?" Sin turned to him, "Yes?" The man looked confused, "Your name, is actually Sin?" Sin smiled, "Yes, that's the best translation into the common tongue." 

"Best translation? Let's hear it in your native language then." the man said, Sin sighed, and spoke a long phrase. The man tried, "Nol-nolittie confrid-. Surely that whole thing doesn't just translate into the word Sin." Sin smiled, "No, but it seems fitting enough."

"What does it fully mean?" The man asked, Sin spoke softly, taking fabric from the basket, "I'll tell you once you're fully healed, now go shower." The man looked to object but went to shower. After a few minutes Sin knocked on the door, "I got your clothes, I'm gonna open the door and set them inside."

The man replied, "Alright." Sin opened the door, the curtain was drawn, and Sin set the clothing down before exiting the closing the door. Sin went over and got changed, before making breakfast. The man came out, the clothes fit well enough, though were loose on him. Sin looked to him, "Go ahead and sit, how are you feeling?"

The man sat, "Clean? Most of my aches have gone, and it doesn't hurt to walk anymore." Sin brought over two plates, "Already? That's amazing. I know most demons are fast healers, but that's really something." Sin said sitting down. The man began eating, "Yea, well. I guess I had a great healer, and some delicious soup." Sin giggled, "Well, I'd still like to examine you. Even if it doesn't hurt right now, better safe than sorry."

The man agreed, and the two ate quietly. When finished, the man sat in the chair by the extinguished fire, and Sin began examining him. Putting some salve over some smaller cuts that hadn't healed, and using some magic to speed up healing in other spots. "See, I'm fine." the man offered, Sin looked up to him. "No, you're still quite injured, your leg-"

"Feels fine." The man interrupted. Sin sighed, and flicked his shin. The man suddenly doubled over, clutching his leg. He grunted in extreme pain, as he tried to breath deeply. Sin put the items away, "No walking more than you have to." The man nodded in agreement, then Sin frowned. "I'm sorry... I don't like hurting anyone, I was just worried you'd leave while still hurt."

The man shook his head, "No, you were justified, I would have left. I'm not used to being injured for longer than a night." Sin stood up, "Well, hopefully it wont take more than a week." The man's expression turned worried, "A week?" Sin nodded, "Maybe two, but with how quickly the rest of your injuries healed, a week seems a fair guess." The man looked nervous but spoke, "I can't stay here a week."

Sin had moved to restart the fire, "Why not?" The man stood but stumbled under his leg, "I- I'm being hunted. That's why I was hurt when you found me." he finally said. Sin stood helping him sit back down, "Well, you're quite safe here." Sin said smiling. The man shook his head, "I haven't been able to stay anywhere more than three days, they always find me. And if you're harboring me, they'll kill you too."

Sin frowned, "They don't seem like very nice people." The man sighed, "That's... an understatement, if I've ever heard one. I'll stay another night, but then I gotta leave. I don't wanna put you at risk." Sin gently touched the man's arm, "You need to stay at least a week. Besides, this forest is protected."

"It doesn't matter what little spell you cast, they are to strong." The man objected, Sin sighed, "I didn't cast it. This is an ancient forest, given to the nekos by the original god of the hunt. It is a place of refuge, where only those who need sanctuary can enter. To all others this place does not exist."

The man was quiet, "How'd you find it?" he asked. Sin frowned, "A story for another day, perhaps? We're talking about you. Who's hunting you, anyway? You must have done something pretty bad for them to be so determined. Not that I judge, all who need it are welcome."

The man was quiet, "I didn't DO anything." Sin got the fire going, "I didn't ask what you did, that's your business. I asked who it was, though I suppose that's also your business. I guess I should just ask your name."

The male sighed, "Aemoh. I do want to stress, that I didn't DO anything." Sin sighed, "Then why are they hunting you?" Sin asked, sitting next to the fire. Aemoh sighed, "Because... It's a game to them."

"A game? What kind of person thinks hunting and hurting others is a game?" Sin asked, seeming genuinely offended by the idea. The man muttered, "Royals apparently." Sin's cat like ears perked, "Royals?" The man looked to Sin, then sighed. "You seem excepting enough... So, I doubt it'd hurt to tell you the truth... The royal family, Heartless. They are hunting me because I'm one of the last natural born blood demons."

Sin gave a light gasp, not that Sin had ever heard of a blood demon, just the idea that the royal family would engage in such an act. The act of hunting any species, or any person for that matter, it was shameful.

Sin gave a stern exhale, "Well, Aemoh, you're welcome to stay as long as you like. With such a malicious intent, they will never find this forest." Aemoh gave a soft smile, "If you're right about this forest, perhaps this is the best place for me. Maybe once I'm healed I can help you out. My abilities should make me an excellent healer."

Sin smiled, "Sounds great, but first let's focus on you getting better."


© 2016 SinTrustless


Author's Note

SinTrustless
Sin's story is set before Purpura is born, and is meant to show the true kindness and care Sin has for everyone.

Spoiler Alert-------
Spoiler Alert-------
Aemoh is Purpura and Rose's father, he died before they were born.
Spoiler Over--------

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on August 17, 2016
Last Updated on August 17, 2016
Tags: sin, purpura, demon, blood, neko, cat, male, healing, forest, waterfall, home


Author

SinTrustless
SinTrustless

About
Sharing a world I created long ago. The stories are organized here by the main character. --------------------- Purpura's story (Marked by pictures of hands)- Purpura, Main story (Finished) T.. more..

Writing
Purpura Purpura

A Book by SinTrustless


Ch2 - Kipsy Ch2 - Kipsy

A Chapter by SinTrustless