Caught in Cliche.

Caught in Cliche.

A Story by jenn.
"

"Entrapment" submission.

"

  She walks into the room, the light much to bright for her extremely sensitive eyes. She rubbed away at her tired eyelids, which must have been bright pink at this time. She had cried a river of tears and nearly drowned in her own sorrow. The nurses in this unit looked bedraggled and other worldly, as if they might be angels minus the heavenly glow.

  A  nurse walked by her without so much as a word, and she reached out. Her hand tapped her shoulder but the nurse continued walking on, as if she felt nothing. She shook her head and sat in a chair in the waiting room.

  She's gone. Hail thought. She's gone, she's not coming back. Not today or tomorrow or any other day of the year. And the word just kept ringing in her head. Gone. Gone. Gone. It was a misreable way to spend the dreadful evening. Hail remembered the plane slamming down, a very low number of survivals. She sniffled loudly but no one noticed.

  As she sat there sobbing quietly, a young man walked up to her, and handed her a tissue.

  You look like you need it. He stated quietly. Hail dabbed at her eyes, feelings the fimilar sting from wiping away many tears. She thanked him polietely, offered him a seat.

He sat easily, put an arm around her.

  It won't be easy, letting go. But it'll happen eventually. He sighed sadly and walked away, leaving her worried. She got up to stretch her legs, anything to make her forget she was idling in a hospital. Many people walked by her as if she were nothing but dust.

Her sister was far away, her body smashed into the land, burned and scarred, mangled, broken beyond repair.

  I'm so sorry Rayn, so sorry. She looked out at the dark midnight sky through the glass doors, wishing for the millionith time since the accident this morning that she would be taken, not Rayn. Not the young, jubilant, happy girl who smiled like the sun and could laugh away the heaviest burden. Not the girl, the young, young child of 10 years. Not her only flesh and blood.

  Her mother gone and father gone and everyone gone, all Hail had as Rayn. And when Rayn passed on, she felt a giant gapping hole rip a chasm in her chest, and all the air she ever felt she could inhale suddenly dissapeared, as if life was now empty and filled with a void.

  Rayn was already trapped in death, stuck in a morgue in this hospital, to only be burried 6 feet under. Why am I even here? She thought.

  Abrutly, the wide set doors busted open and in came a fresh body, one they tried to rescue.

  No, she mouthed. Dear God, no. Her body, her shell, her own living self, being carted into ICU as if a rag doll.

  This cannot be! I'm standing right here! She screamed, but no one heard.

 

 ***

 

  Two hours passed, roaming halls, trying to find herself. When she did, she saw a young boy weeping steadily by her bed. The young man that handed her a tissue and offered her condolince.

  You shouldn't be here.. he whispered.

  And she had a numb thought. I'll never wake up, I'll never again smile, or cry, or laugh, or sing. I can't kiss, I can't run, I can't do anything. I am trapped, I am doomed. To be like this. Forever.

  She walked to the kind boy that seemed to still see her idling spirit, the part of her that seemed entrapped to her body.

  I'm so sorry, she mouthed.

  He looked straight at her and smiled a sad, sad smile and grasped her arm. Go, he said, You have nothing to stay for but pain and agony. Please, no one can see you like this. You're stuck, but in death, you may part.

  She bent down and kissed the boy easily then stepped towards her limp body. She noticed all the tubes and things plugged into her, maintaining a thin string that held her to the ethreal plain. She shook with hurt and pain, but this is what she had to do. The boy nodded at her, like he knew what she had to do. She'd never forget the strangers kindness for a mangled ghost girl.

   She layed her hand on her cold body's chest, and then every alarm attached to her went off, and she saw the brightest light that filled her with joy and widened her eyes.

 

© 2010 jenn.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

good story. I'm very interesting in the characters. I also like how you set it all up for less confusion with the thoughts and actual actions. Well done C:

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very creative! I would never have associated entrapment with a spirit or death in such a way as you did. Very interesting piece although the ending was a little weak, maybe strengthen its descriptions better. but neway I enjoyed it a lot Jenna. Keep writing :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 28, 2010
Last Updated on April 29, 2010

Author

jenn.
jenn.

About
hello ♥ my name is jenna. i am 15. and that's all you need to know =] more..

Writing