The Wold, Flesh, And the Devil

The Wold, Flesh, And the Devil

A Poem by sinNsincerity

The World, Flesh, and the Devil


Drugs and liquor.

Cigarettes are my very cancer.

I am the very destroyer of my very own entity.

It’s hard to love at times, but I do so because I believe love was responsible for the very creation of me.

I’m sober now and I find peace in God, music, and a cup of tea, but I still miss the weed.

I walk with a limp because I was once lost, but now I have found my future.

I see the world, flesh, and the devil.

Logos.

Words of blessing.

The cosmos!

Government of the planet.

Day and night, good and evil, life and death.

Committed to the lord and warfare began.

They disguise themselves for temptation.

Coming as an angel of light to derail our purpose in life and sometimes they take life in those closes to us and even in ourselves.

I can take my mind back in the past, but not my body.

My essential self is what it is, non-worldliness.

I not live or cater for myself unless it’s on your behalf.

Your opinions don’t make me feel any better.

Soul no longer remains cold because God’s blessings cover me live a sweater.

During the hard times my watery eyes cry and I must say at times I don’t mind…

© 2015 sinNsincerity


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

As humans we are always battling the flesh. "Live in the Spirit and you will not give in to the lusts of the flesh." :)

Posted 9 Months Ago


I liked the ending to the amazing poetry.
"Soul no longer remains cold because God’s blessings cover me live a sweater.
During the hard times my watery eyes cry and I must say at times I don’t mind"
Hello dear friend and thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


Pretty good flow. You have a lot going on but what poem doesn't? I always enjoy reading your poems.

Posted 2 Years Ago


I can't seem to put my finger on only one aspect. There are so many, some noticeable, some hidden. It's similar to life. I think you resumed life as it is. Great job!

Posted 3 Years Ago


The vagueness of this really allowed for a strong mood to sliver through, and really contrasted and gave power to the strength of the lines "I see the world, flesh, and the devil...They disguise themselves for temptation." I really enjoyed this from last line to finish!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Hard to find a unified theme in this one. It comes across as a set of musings that sprang to the poet's mind separately, although many of them seem to deal with religious or spiritual principles. It sounds like the speaker has had some kind of experience that has delivered him from a dissolute life. If so, all the better.

Posted 4 Years Ago


"I am the very destroyer of my very own entity" Very powerful! The words speak true, let's the reader into your world!

Posted 4 Years Ago


"Logos.

Words of blessing.

The cosmos!"

I felt this! feel the raw emotion coming through the words and they have a profound impact. thank u for sharing!

Posted 4 Years Ago


A beautiful and sincerely heart felt piece of writing as always. it is so good to see that you have been here all this time:)

Nazia...

Posted 4 Years Ago


Once again a sad but beautiful piece. Very evocative and profound.

Posted 4 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 16, 2015
Last Updated on March 16, 2015

Author

sinNsincerity
sinNsincerity

East Los Angeles, CA



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


BAIRN BAIRN

A Poem by Sneh