The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side

The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side

A Poem by R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
"

I wrote this poem when I was 16. Optimism isn't going to change a flawed world.

"
I watch the lovely stars in the sky, full of happiness, full of life. It’s fun to imagine myself as a part of them. Everything up there looks perfect, and the greenery and heart of the heavens evoke a sense of longing in me. Longing for a place where the grass is greener. If I had the gift of flight, I would fly through the air until I would find myself in the heavens, where I would live happily ever after. Free from depression, suffering and pain. But I am here on the ground. Here, where the rot and stench of deathly fear fills my lungs, where nothing is fair and everyone is eventually forgotten it is hopeless to wish for more. For I am stuck here in a world full of hate and gore, where people kill and people die. Where prejudice and poverty reign supreme. Where people suffer by the hundreds of millions everyday. I try to keep an open mind, but it is impossible to be happy in a place so flawed. So I look to the skies and the heavens, and pray for the day when the grass will be green here too.

© 2017 R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)


Author's Note

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
The person behind this poem has not come to grips with the fact that this is the world they live in, and wishes for their world to be more like that of utopia. They are wishing for something that will never happen, and are very optimistic and foolish about it. They have not yet realized that things will never change.


I very seldom reply to reviews, but I promise I read EVERY single one. I look forward to my next review, because it helps me learn. Even if it's just one word, I promise, I will be ecstatic to have the chance to hear what you have to say. Whenever you write something about my poems, or the themes of my poems, or criticize me it is not in vain. I will listen, learn and be thankful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You left me speechless here. I hope for that that day too. Very thoughtful and heart touching poem. Loved it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

7 Years Ago

I'm glad you liked it. I love your poems too!
Najam Us Saher

7 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 2, 2017
Last Updated on May 23, 2017
Tags: grass, greener, on, the, other, side

Author

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

Burlington, Halton, Canada



About
Most of my poems can be differing lengths depending on the time you want to spend reading them. You can avoid reading anything brackets, or read it all. If you want an in-between, you can read only th.. more..

Writing