Shattered Dreams And Broken Hearts

Shattered Dreams And Broken Hearts

A Poem by R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
"

Just a poem about respect and karma

"

Shattered Dreams And Broken Hearts

 

Shattered dreams and broken hearts will stop you where you stand

 

There are few ways to stop a moving train of pain from crushing your life, shredding your heart, embedding it with a knife, leaving you so full of of strife, brushing aside all your lies, until it’s like you’ve already died.

 

People who have never lost the will to continue won’t ever understand

 

Tattered feelings, spoken words can destroy somebody’s world

 

Whether it be a student, a grown man, or a little girl, there are words that you shouldn’t hurl like a punch to somebody’s face. Leaving them crying on the floor, a disgrace. There is no race to run in life, so don’t push anyone off the track. Know your place.

 

Scattered minds, making tokens out of lives makes you lose your humanity

 

Putting people down to better yourself, or for your own amusement is insanity. If you do, you deserve all the profanity you threw at them given back to you. Living for yourself makes you less than human, a true calamity. If you want people to root for you, extend your hand to to help them walk, keeping them steady until they are ready to stand up for themselves.

 

Splattered blood and unbroken need to do evil deeds, will bleed your soul dry

 

It only takes a moment to kick someone down like their your opponent, if you want to be an a*****e, then own it. But we all play this game on the same team. If you don’t want to play by the rules, and you lose your chance to take a shot at the goal of fair karma and miss, it’s your own damn fault. If you hurt your brothers, you’ll get the same treatment from others.

 

It’s easy to break someone’s heart and shatter their dreams. People start doing it for whatever means. You can lose many things that are at stake, and truly matter. Sometimes your soul can get served up on a platter. Take it from me, I’ve been there, so this is what I truly believe. But all wear the tangled webs that we weave.

© 2017 R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)


Author's Note

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
Tell me what you think of it, good and/or bad


I very seldom reply to reviews, but I promise I read EVERY single one. I look forward to my next review, because it helps me learn. Even if it's just one word, I promise, I will be ecstatic to have the chance to hear what you have to say. Whenever you write something about my poems, or the themes of my poems, or criticize me it is not in vain. I will listen, learn and be thankful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on March 16, 2017
Last Updated on May 23, 2017
Tags: shattered, dreams, and, broken, hearts

Author

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

Burlington, Halton, Canada



About
Most of my poems can be differing lengths depending on the time you want to spend reading them. You can avoid reading anything brackets, or read it all. If you want an in-between, you can read only th.. more..

Writing