Spring

Spring

A Poem by R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
"

I poem I wrote while on a road trip through the country side of Ontario, Canada

"

Spring

 

Spring is in the air

I see it everywhere

I see green grass on the hills

Sunlight on my skin gives me thrills

 

Walking through the forest, I see the beauty mankind stole

The hundreds of years of civilization may have taken their toll

But this world we live in is still beautiful

The natural serenity pulls me in, and makes me thankful to be alive

 

The trees are budding, and the grass is green, the sky is blue, the clouds are white and there's no place I'd rather be.

 

I breathe in the cool forest breeze, filling my lungs with ease, like the world around me aims to please.

 

It wasn't that long ago that if I went outside I'd freeze.

 

Now I hear birds chirping, bees buzzing, streams of fresh water running, and animals awake and enjoying the warmth of the sun.

 

Taking in the scenery is so much fun, spring time brings the world to life.

 

The sun breathes life into our world, awakening ancient trees, putting smiles on the young and old. Nature wakes up from its nap refreshed, feeling it's best, it goes to work on our world like a farmer on fields.

 

Endless lands to explore right outside our door. Forests, lakes, mountains, of blue, green, and brown, the colours of adventure, waiting to shared by mankind and animals alike.

 

I fall asleep at my camp grounds, knowing that tomorrow will be another day fully explored, and full of beauty.

 

The sun sets over a blue sky, with green land below, winter, summer and fall are great, but spring time is magical.

© 2017 R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)


Author's Note

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
I hope you enjoy, and if you have any criticism I'd be happy to hear it.

I very seldom reply to reviews, but I promise I read EVERY single one. I look forward to my next review, because it helps me learn. Even if it's just one word, I promise, I will be ecstatic to have the chance to hear what you have to say. Whenever you write something about my poems, or the themes of my poems, or criticize me it is not in vain. I will listen, learn and be thankful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you for entering your poem into my competition.

There are many literary devices used within your piece. I particularly liked your use of the five senses (I must admit I often forget to include all five when I am writing!) it made your surroundings seem realistic. I could hear all that you could, witness the vitality of colour and the wildlife that accompanied you and most importantly, I could feel your hope.

Your use and repetition of the colour green reminded me of the poet William Blake who also used colour throughout his poetry to create a variety of images, moods and to overall set the tone of his works. I highly recommend his collection entitled 'Songs of innocence and experience.' I have always returned to it throughout my life whenever I need a little guidance.

Thanks again,
Eliza

Posted 5 Years Ago


you painted some lovely images of spring in canada

Posted 7 Years Ago


R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

7 Years Ago

Thank you wordman, glad you liked it!
About travelling, I can't criticise...I love travelling....
Every day is a new day for travelling, of course springs are great for travellers...
I honestly loved it..:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

7 Years Ago

I'm glad you liked it, and I agree, traveling is a beautiful thing.
The real beauty of nature! Thanks for taking us on a road trip through the country side with you!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

7 Years Ago

I'm happy to be able to share my road trip with you!
What a beautiful imagery. I loved this one. I could imagine myself standing amidst the forest adoring the beauty of spring such was your description. Thank you for such an escapism. You've made my day. 😀

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

7 Years Ago

So happy that you liked it. I'll write more like this one in the future.
Najam Us Saher

7 Years Ago

Yes please do write ☺

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2017
Last Updated on May 23, 2017
Tags: Spring

Author

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

Burlington, Halton, Canada



About
Most of my poems can be differing lengths depending on the time you want to spend reading them. You can avoid reading anything brackets, or read it all. If you want an in-between, you can read only th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..