Content

Content

A Poem by R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
"

A smaller poem I thought I'd try. It was spontanious, knew I had something to say, and it just came right from my heart.

"

Content


I am content in this life

I am ok with being walked over like dirt, and herded as sheep

I am happy knowing that I will know no truth, ascension, or virtue upon my name as I yet still live

I am content to die

I am content to live my life knowing that death will know me far better than others; as anyone might know

To die with me, is to live knowing someone else’s words meant nothing

That all their struggling was pointless

I am content to die wishing I had lived

I am content to leave you in your seats after the show

After the curtain call

After the comedy

And the tragedy

Whether or not we get an encore

I am content to tell there will be many plays to come

I am content knowing that in my contention, I was not incompetent

© 2020 R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)


Author's Note

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
I promise I read every single review, and I generally will reply to them. I look forward to my next review, because it helps me learn. Even if it's just one word, I promise, I will be happy to hear anything you feel needs sharing. Whenever you write on my shortcomings or breakthroughs, or the themes of my poems, or share ideas and friendly criticism, it decides my next poem to an extent. I will listen, learn and be thankful. And 99% of the time, you'll get a reply unless you're trolling me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
And you're so content in these feelings...Really? People out there in far off places still suffering and their elegies doesn't reach us living content in our feelings and luxury. Not saying it's anything wrong, heart felt things can't be wrong and as a friend I would definitely show my love for this poem but think in a different way.
World's growing and destroying... some parts are growing, destroying others, humanity feeds on everything to grow. We are content of our luxury whatever more or less we have we are not in poverty like those dying in droughts, our homes haven't been washed off in heavy rains and we pay anything to live. We are not abandoned nor orphaned and still we think we are not loved, could it be like this if we are not really loved?
We haven't faced the death yet, nor it's fear trolls us day and night, we actually fear our demise ...but why... life is transient we are not computers that'd be warranted and programmed.

I'm being too philosophical about this poem but short poems just drive me deep, they give freedom to reach out anywhere, and I take advantage of this. Longer poems are highly enjoyable shorter are full of freedom and numerous aspects are compactly covered in lesser words and comparably it's not possible for longer ones. Still both have their personality and originality.
Great Write! This is one of the poems I've enjoyed the most till now.
You should be proud of this beautiful poem, in fact write it down somewhere, you'd love to remember that you wrote this. And you'd be surprised, meanings will change eventually.

Sometimes I'm surprised by my own maturity, like I'm now.

Good Luck!

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 13, 2020
Last Updated on February 13, 2020
Tags: content

Author

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

Burlington, Halton, Canada



About
Most of my poems can be differing lengths depending on the time you want to spend reading them. You can avoid reading anything brackets, or read it all. If you want an in-between, you can read only th.. more..

Writing