End of the Line

End of the Line

A Story by Siobhan MacIntyre

This is the end of the line on WritersCafe for me.  This train lets out into an empty station.

 

After months of waiting to see some desperately needed changes in this once-wonderful venue, I've moved on to more mature places which are actually aimed at the craft of writing--not the crass act of grafitti-ing everything with the word vomit of immature, unschooled, hedonistic, and sometimes perverted minds.

 

I'm serious about the craft of writing--it is not a hobby. It's not just something I do in my spare time. I hone my talent and sharpen my edge and strive toward developing my writing voice, and I cannot stand the lackadaisical attitudes of many of the "writers" on this site who treat grammar carelessly, even derisively; who churn out tripe for their friends to fawn over. It's an insult to the writing profession, and an insult to what this site used to mean.

 

For those who are serious about this craft, you can find me on Twitter under my real name, or you can e-mail me. From there we can have dialogue.

 

So long and thanks for all the support.

© 2009 Siobhan MacIntyre


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You know it's a sad state of affairs when one of the most staunch supporters of this site has said enough is enough. Chuckie, I hope you and the rest of the immature little pukes here are happy, getting rid of the serious and talented writers, leaving the emos, cyber punks and the wanna be hacks to drive this site further into the toilet further than it already has gone - if that was possible.

I was hoping for change but, I guess not - oh well


Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I have just joined this site today and have found some great writers. I will mention them if you ask, but after reading you are leaving, even though I have never read your work, makes me think maybe I've made a mistake joining. I'm having trouble posting (I've only submitted one) and some formatting problems are evident as well, not to mention the crashing. I there any sites you can recommend. I've been posting my poems and short stories on Booksie but someone told me about this site so I figured I'd give it a try. I would like to read your work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Why didn't it work for you on here just curious?
i think this is the best writing site i have ever used and i have used a few,at least you can see who is on line all of the time but i know it tends to crash quite often too, i don't really care much i was just curious
IS MIS LA MEAS MICKYBOY

Posted 14 Years Ago


Nekolas, not sure why you care, but people still leave me messages. I come to read my messages once or twice a week.

Posted 14 Years Ago


For a person who has left you sure spend alot of time looking in on who might be on line

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I agree with you and wonder why it took you this long to leave. I've been gone a long time and have no desire to come back here, but I do take a look every now and then to see what my friends are doing. It's true that when I came on this site for the first time... it was an oasis for those that really cared for the craft. But now it's a shadow of it's former self. If I could get the program of the orginal format, I would start one myself. Because there has been too many fine writers and friends to leave the fold. T

Posted 14 Years Ago


You know it's a sad state of affairs when one of the most staunch supporters of this site has said enough is enough. Chuckie, I hope you and the rest of the immature little pukes here are happy, getting rid of the serious and talented writers, leaving the emos, cyber punks and the wanna be hacks to drive this site further into the toilet further than it already has gone - if that was possible.

I was hoping for change but, I guess not - oh well


Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It's a shame you are leaving and to think we never met on line,i understand your concerns and i for my part aint no great writer my punctuation and sentence structure suck as i am often told yet i do nothing to correct it,why i hear you ask? because for me it is just a hobby and not to be taken too seriously, i enjoy self indulgence and would not take myself too seriously.
I am also to be found on urbis.com a serious serial writers site where one will receive proper and constructive criticism,unfortunately i hate the latter and tend to stay away from severe critics.
This can destroy one's self esteem as for twitter as the name suggests there is something in it for those with even more time on their hands than old father time.
I tried it and hated the limit on 160 characters whilst writing on the time line,but one can probably create an interesting blog on the site if one has patience and the inclination to do so.
Good luck with your efforts siobahn (is mis la meas )goodbye

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1091 Views
17 Reviews
Added on August 9, 2009
Last Updated on August 9, 2009

Author

Siobhan MacIntyre
Siobhan MacIntyre

Pacific Northwest



About
If I live in a dream world, it is only because the words call me, and I am powerless to resist. --Me You can find me out in the "real world" under my real name (Sharon Gerlach). .. more..

Writing