Lit Through The Darkness (Part 1)

Lit Through The Darkness (Part 1)

A Story by SipOnMoonlight
"

Two lonely strangers meet one wintery morning in Minneapolis.

"
ROBIN

Rubbing her eyes, she dragged herself out of bed to gaze at the grey-blue winter sky. The sun was just visible from her window that overlooked the city. Minneapolis in the morning was a beautiful sight, especially in winter. The streetlights created a star-like scene below. The winding roads were already packed with the cars of early morning commuters. The air was filled with the sounds of thousands waking up and beginning their daily cycle. A chill was hanging with the snowflakes that suggested change and excitment. It had been like that for weeks. Nothing had changed. She still lived in the same dingy, empty flat. Sometimes she would leave the lights on and the fire roaring so that when she returned home, it felt as though someone had been missing her and was waiting for her. But of course, they never were. She lived alone. Had done for as long as she could remember. On long nights with nothing to do she often wondered if the wind would seem less cold and the world less bitter if she had someone to share it with. On this winter's day she was feeling particularly useless and particularly lonely. So she did what she always did when her emotions threatened to over come her. She threw herself head first into a city full of strangers.

© 2012 SipOnMoonlight


Author's Note

SipOnMoonlight
The next chapter will be from the point of view of a different character, and I will change characters every chapter. Thoughts? :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
Added on December 28, 2012
Last Updated on December 28, 2012
Tags: owl city, minneapolis, winter, romance, robin, guitar, lonely, musician, starbucks

Author

SipOnMoonlight
SipOnMoonlight

Carlisle, Cumbria, United Kingdom



About
So I make up stories in my head and then write them down. Some of them are a little weird, but that's just me n.n more..

Writing