Toleration

Toleration

A Poem by Brian
"

Toleration of religion, politics

"
Toleration
Tolerate liberals, tolerate conservatives,

If you can't tolerate, then go away.

Tolerate christians, tolerate muslims,

Tolerate all, if not, then go away.

Tolerate the rich, and tolerate the poor,

Because poor can be rich, and rich can be poor.

Tolerate the small, and tolerate the large,

Because large can be small, and small can be large.

Tolerate liberal america, and tolerate conservative america,

Because it makes no difference of where you're from,

Because if you can't tolerate, then just go away.

© 2011 Brian


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

On the money. I'm rating this poem premised on the sentiment, alone. Brian addresses a major key to survival: tolerance.

Of course, the fact is granted that there are things we'd rather not tolerate like racism by any race towards another. By that same token, although we'd rather not tolerate the fact that it's actually legal to promote accelerations of sickness and death in America for people who don't have the money or "adequate" insurance, we do. But then that's a different sort of tolerance in that we'd rather work towards eradicating these things since they're of no far-reaching benefit to anyone. It would be much easier to be intolerant towards them. In such case, we may resort to extreme measures, which, in the end, only serve to hurt us, instead.

But then, there's the tolerance of one another, in spite of our differences, which enables us to be of mutual benefit. Evidently, we relish sharing the joy and peace that goes with it. We may not agree on all things, but we all appreciate it when others are willing to tolerate our own differences from them...and to actually show it.

Great poem!

Posted 12 Years Ago


liked this a lot

Posted 12 Years Ago


Lots of passion! Keep it up, man. We need more people around with your frame of mind. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


And that's what im talking about in the poem, we can't have peace until we try and tolerate one another, we can be strong united, or we can be weak divided. We can either try and be tolerate towards to moderates to exterminate extremism in every religion, not just islam, or we can dislike the entire practitioners of the religion, which will just increase the rate of those converting to extremism. Peace begins with toleration. When the opposite people see that you want to tolerate them, then they can tolerate you. I'm not saying that christians and muslims will become the best of friends, but if we can create a positive mutual feeling between the two, then extremism can be destroyed. And if we want is peace, then why do we still blast all of islam, not just the extremist wing of it? We place so much attention of one religion, and their extremist wing, that we forget about the other religions and their extremist wings. My opinion is, if you was to bring stuff out in the open, then we must bring it all out in the open, even if it's the things we most care about, even if it's our own religion. The key to success to try and be friends, United we Stand, or Divided we fall. We can only choose one of the two, and choosing one of them will result in different historical changes for the future.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well, I think it should go by percentage if over 50% of a religion or cutler does something it should be taken into consideration. Is it right if you are one of the ones that do not do this, no, but if you are, being missing treated for the way most of your people are being then it should be your job to fix it. This means that is most Muslims are trying to kill us, they are be the ones mostly checks, no it isn't right, but they will get tired of it, and do something about it by changing their peoples way of doing things. If it is a risk to all the people here, then it needs to be stopped.

Actually, a different president would change things, for the better, who knows, but you have to get that what the president does affects the way we do things. The issues stay because the new presidents usually are no different from the last, but that is not the issue. I think the way we are taught and the way we live needs to change.

Have you ever been in high school or school at all? The same. People will always hate you for being different and plan to destroy you. We have different views, but we want the same thing. Peace for all, the problem with that is it isn’t going to happen if one group is attacking the rest for differences.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm not saying we should just turn a blind eye to it, but why hate and dislike an entire religion or an entire people for what the minority does. It's like saying that all hispanics or blacks, or whites (for examples) are all thieves because of what the minority does. It's not right and never shall be right. The world is run by the minority, but is run by the majority. And having a different president isn't gonna help or resolve the problem, the president is no more than a man like ourselves. Presidents come and go, but the issues remains through the years. So as i said before, the key to success is toleration, because as long as we refuse to tolerate, we are no better than those who want to destroy our ways of life because they do not want to tolerate us. So the question is, if no one wants to tolerate, who is the victor, or the better nation/people? And that's one of the issues of religion/politics in this nation because we are taught not to tolerate but fight at all costs, rather to die, than to try and understand, and have some empathy for the opposite side, not stopping to think of what the consequences can impose on us, and the other side, for our generation and other generations to come. So if i have to die because im tolerate, than to me, it's better than dying knowing i fought something i don't know, and never wish to know.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

547 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 9, 2011
Last Updated on January 9, 2011

Author

Brian
Brian

Bowling Green, KY



About
Im currently a student in college, majoring in biology. I love to write, but i can only write when i have the inspiration to do so. And i just tell people how i feel even when they dont want to hear i.. more..

Writing
Be Who You Are Be Who You Are

A Poem by Brian