"Last Stand"

"Last Stand"

A Poem by Sir_Anonymous
"

This is something I wrote just now after being told the girl I was in love with was recently taken by some other guy...

"

“Damn it all you can't be serious with all this f*****g nonsense!?”


It was the same as usual I was texting my infatuation with loving lines and continuously winning her heart over with my “crude” humor.


Both the dark and the light but the spotlight just shinned and shunned me from the center of my inner being I felt so betrayed she just mentioned that she has a boyfriend all nonchalant as if I was in with the know like her loud giggly friends.…..


“When?!”


“What do you mean this past few weeks!?”


Seems the past month and a half I was away some new guy I don’t know the name to came towards her side,  just trampled all over the seeds I had previously sewn.


I have been just a boy-friend for this past couple weeks and had not realized I was already sidelined but I just didn’t quite find out yet , so would ya know it?


I continued to run thinking I would make it to that finish line, finally this time I would attain a win for my longing desire to not be alone, no matter how many friends I made and how much love I was given I still felt like I was on my own.


No one knew what I really needed or my wants and true needs….


“Damn it I think I'm bleeding!?”


My red organs strings have been strung and now I have found it caught up in the uneven beat rhythming a hollow sound lost and to never be sought.


You can not be for real did you really expect this to work out; I mean come on now you have got to be realistic just because she glows doesn't mean she will be on her own to be only yours alone the smile caught you by surprise so who says that it wouldn't for some other guy?


Not to mention this was a relationship that was not meant to happen it just would not fly and yes though my heart might have soared high it’s wings were made up of wax and just got clipped clean.


She lives miles upon highways away a whole different city practically worlds apart for any sort of actual continued sparks.


She threw me away…. She was the one who contacted me after I had not spoken to her for more than five months got my number from my cousin and said “Hello” “Hey” and “Hi” to say the least I was pleasantly surprised to have been the initiated rather the initial initiate.


“I never asked for this!”


Why do I have to be so angry just so pissed, she was the one who wanted me so how come I still got the receiving end on this love-hate trip!?


I think my old self is coming back to say “Hi” shower and shroud me with all of those empty lies dip my tongue in silver and say my infamous line.


“I’m Fine”


Translations are loose and display more tones that don’t match my own say hello to my clown mask and become a big joke.


Everyone is smiling why don’t you join them too and suffocate yourself silly in this glee?


Oh what a wonderful amount of happiness, I feel the madness consume me whole and now delightfully to say I am just a bundle of light.


Pay no heed to the red eyes I’m just high off of the euphoric atmosphere of all of these white lies and now suddenly I feel alright.


“I’m Fine”


Fake it till you make it but if you make it do you still have to be fake or is this now you forever till the end of your days?


Yes the joy is all I can see out with the bad in with the good, don't be mad be glad, don’t be sad get MAD!


My flames of pure rage will not die by some little white flower of “Whoopsie daisies, my bad” No it’s going to take a storm to make me calm and even then after the peacefulness you can eye only true destruction will take it’s place.


I’m not going to die damn it I thought I told “YOU” already I’m a Phoenix I can’t be dead!


No way to truly kill me I just continue to revive with help of my conviction and a bottle of self affliction.


“I’m immortal!”


Forever young inside no matter the wrinkled stress lines that shadow my face when things look grim.


You're the champion damn it you can’t go down the countdown has not yet reached the number nine, so get off your a*s and prove this is your throne!


“I’m Fine”


Think of it this way at least the answer came before you had to ask.


Now all you have to do is be a good friend, be the bigger man who will go under appreciated by everybody and travel the high road, yes take the coward's way out be someone who’s afraid of a little fight.


Don’t be scared of a little devious deviation after all why be a “Hero” when your such a better “Villain” your role is clear ,now just prove your in fact superior to her white knight.


No princess to save just one woman to take back or at the very least get some sweet payback.


So you can continue to spout the same nonsense about being “fine” and “alright” or you can show your not just some stepping stone with no back bone to stake a claim.


This war has just barely begun, no side has truly won so what’s it gonna be?


“I am not fine and far removed from being alright my chest feels tight and mark my words this is not some sport it’s going to be a blood fight”


The champion will stay to continue that fight this phoenix won’t say goodbye and that clown mask can take a damn hike I don’t need it’s monotonous monotone lies.


“This is my last stand”

© 2017 Sir_Anonymous


Author's Note

Sir_Anonymous
Sooooo.... uh yeah what did you think.... pardon my language I was very heated in the moment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Loved the dialog approach. Phoenix reference at the end. The Phoenix obtains new life from rising from its own ashes, The author's young Phoenix might have other intentions to rise from the ashes of another. there is a lot to analyze and listen for here in your poem. If i were you i wouldn't start a war. I would sleeplessly find success, the best revenge. Don't burn yourself down. Keep writing, you are good at it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sir_Anonymous

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading this Mercy Party and glad you liked it and thank you for the praise on my tale.. read more



Reviews

“Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.”

I can't quite recall who said that, but this piece really made me think of that quote.

With that being said, you did a pretty good job with expressing the mc's shock at the loss of something that could've been.

In addition to that, the line "Fake...end of your days" really carried a spark to it. I can't say I've ever asked myself that question, but I would assume the faking would come to an end when you feel enough distance and numbness from the whole situation.

"No way to truly kill me...a bottle of self affliction" was another line that caught hold of my attention. Everyone has their vices, but I hope the mc's "bottle of self affliction" was tasty.

Also, I like how you make everything connected by giving out allusions to some of your previous work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sir_Anonymous

7 Years Ago

I don't like renting things as I can't guarantee they will be in good condition when the I'm done re.. read more
Njeri Brooks

7 Years Ago

Hmm. I gotcha, but why the hate for Micky D's?
Sir_Anonymous

7 Years Ago

It's more unhealthy than eating nothing but ramen for a week straight and also the burgers are sweet.. read more
Loved the dialog approach. Phoenix reference at the end. The Phoenix obtains new life from rising from its own ashes, The author's young Phoenix might have other intentions to rise from the ashes of another. there is a lot to analyze and listen for here in your poem. If i were you i wouldn't start a war. I would sleeplessly find success, the best revenge. Don't burn yourself down. Keep writing, you are good at it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sir_Anonymous

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading this Mercy Party and glad you liked it and thank you for the praise on my tale.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

462 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 21, 2017
Last Updated on January 21, 2017
Tags: Love, Past, Answers, Anger, Rage, Today, Present, Last Stand, Hero, Villain, Phoenix, Immortal, Pride, High Road, Coward, Fight, Lies, Petty, Clown Mask, Champion, Modernday Duel, Happy, Glad, Distance, Long Distance

Author

Sir_Anonymous
Sir_Anonymous

Austin, TX



About
I was once a teen who found himself feeling cornered in life where just about nothing was going right and could never really speak my mind this only pushed more towards the construction of this artifi.. more..

Writing