"How They Tick"

"How They Tick"

A Poem by Sir_Anonymous
"

I wrote this about a week ago and was pressed on time for college and wrote this out of the aftermath.

"
Tick-tock, Tick-tock a man keeps staring at his watch, what's the time? Is it finally half past five?

Tick-tock, Tick-tock the man's thoughts fly fast yet I hardly passed.

Tick-tock, Tick-tock the man is in an internal struggle, it's entirity feels direly and this second felt like a minute so minuet yet I'm eternal.

Tick-tock, Tick-tock this man cannot sit still, does he feel ill?

Tick-tock, Tick-tock the man stares at the sign dressed in the hue of red "operation in progress" it said.

Tick-tock, Tick-tock why does this man cry? He keeps muttering things about a "wife" ; doesn't he have more pressing things to do with his life?

Tick-tock, Tick-tock this man is not getting any younger so why does he stand still in anxious ponder?

Tick-tock, Tick-tock I can't help but stare at this small existence in wonder.

Tick-tock, Tick-tock a sound of a click made the man jump from his jumbling of mumbles.

Tick-tock, Tick-tock the man runs and screams something about a "Baby" & "Sweetie" oh he seems relived with his sigh of relief.

Tick-tock, Tick-tock a loud screech of a newborn infant's cry surrounds the room at 5:35 in the afternoon, 25 minutes till night.

Tick-tock, Tick-tock I never "wait" I always "run" & "fly" or whatever else these humans describe me by.

Tick-tock, Tick-tock yet despite the numerous descriptions I only hold one name.

Tick-tock, Tick-tock hello nice to meet you my name's time and I'll always be on your mind.

© 2017 Sir_Anonymous


Author's Note

Sir_Anonymous
What did you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The poem was completely in the rhythm. It was really nice, Time was described nicely. According to me the best line was "Tick tock ------ me by" Thanks for sharing...

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
1 Review
Added on February 25, 2017
Last Updated on February 25, 2017
Tags: Time, Rhyme, Tick-tock, Wonder, Ponder, Metaphorical

Author

Sir_Anonymous
Sir_Anonymous

Austin, TX



About
I was once a teen who found himself feeling cornered in life where just about nothing was going right and could never really speak my mind this only pushed more towards the construction of this artifi.. more..

Writing