You Wanted A War, Well Here You Go!

You Wanted A War, Well Here You Go!

A Poem by Jon Cooper
"

Not sure about this one...just a thought I had and wanted to get it down.

"

I am the all powerful and the almighty. I make up your mind for you. I tell you what to say, how to say it; what to wear, how to wear it; what to think, why you think it; what to do, how to do it; what to want, how to obtain it. I teach you to kill, and give you the mental tools to do so. I teach you about illegal narcotics; where to get them, how to sell them. I reveal to you rape of molestation. I am inside your head and I will never leave. I am everlasting and I will dwell within your soul for all time; until I am destroyed and you could never hope to destroy me. I give you hope and joy. I fill you with happiness and bliss. I can wash your mind of pain, show you only good and block out all your sorrow. I can make you cancel appointments and break dates. I can obliterate you academically, withering your mind. I can fill you with neglect and pour into you shame and hatred. I am your new god and I can take whatever I please because you give it all willingly, more now than ever before. I can, because I can give you what you want: violence, sex, money, all these can be yours through me. I am the new god of the 21st century. I am television and I have come to claim.

© 2009 Jon Cooper


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think the internet would have been a more appropriate diety for the 21st century, but it was an interesting piece none-the-less.

Posted 14 Years Ago


open mind thought pours and pours I think you kept up well, how ever not sure who's talking to who.
Are you in your mind talking to yourself

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 21, 2009

Author

Jon Cooper
Jon Cooper

Winchester, VA



About
I hate the world. I love art. I write nearly everything (except thoughts, which I write as they happen) under insomnia's rule. Nothing I write during the day contends with my sleep deprived work. My.. more..

Writing