Captain Calico

Captain Calico

A Story by Skadia Trazon
"

Just a short writing exercise. Characters belong to my lover.

"
"Captain Calico! She can't take much more of this storm lass!" A great bellow howled across the fierce winds and lashing rain. Loki, the first mate held the helm on course. His massive muscles strained as his thick black mane dripped. Lightning flashed and lit up his grey fur making his deep blue markings almost glow against the star lit night. Angry wave after angry wave crashed against the sides of the massive hull. Wood started to splinter as the rage of the storm assaulted the boat.

The ships crew raced back and fourth across the ship. Securing ropes and sail rigs. Boots thudded in tune with the rolling thunder as the seamen were tossed. A tall figure strode up the center of the flailing ship. Her trench coat billowed around her, the heavy cream colored fabric tore her backwards toward the churning sea. One rust colored hand clung to her beloved hat, the purple feather danced in the wind, refusing to let go of it's own treasure. Her spare hand leapt up to her face, stopping the assault of sea water against her golden eyes. "Just hold her steady! She'll do." Her voice echoed back to her first mate. Creaking timbers below deck didn't help her case, but she knew the Esmeralda could handle this. Heavens knows they had been through worse.

A great wave heaved itself against the side of the tiny boat, sending all the crew across her slick deck. The great saber at the helm held fast. His paws gripping the wheel so tight his claws started to dig into the wood. A loud howl was released as the storm raged itself through. Everything seemed to stand still for a moment, that moment, when they entire crew knew not if it was over or about to begin a new. Then as suddenly as the storm had started, it tapered off. It's anger lessened and the sea raged itself into a lull, much like an infant. The crew gathered their stances waiting for what could come.

"Men! Don't just stand there! Lets get this girl into port! Fifty clicks eastward!" Her voice called out. "Move!" Her last word was more of a command than an encouragement. Calico and her crew had been at sea for almost three weeks now and after this storm, they could all use a bit of land. She was a good captain, strong and determined. This and only this is why her men followed her every command. Well that, and they feared her. Without any more encouragement her band of sea loving men went fast to work. Sails rose and rigs re-secured. She strode her way up to the helm of her vessel, boots clopping hard against her beloved ship. She took up the space beside her first mate. "Nice job Loki, not sure we could have weathered that one without you." She smiled at her long time friend and trusted ship-mate. 

He returned his captains smile. His thick fur showing off the muscles that kept the boat from going under. His lightweight trousers however, we soaked from the rain but such is the life of a pirate. "Thank you Cap'tn." His words were simple, the two large cats had known each other for years. Most of the time, simple words were all they needed.

Calico smiled a large grin, showing off her sharp teeth. She clapped her first mate on his broad shoulder and offered, "When we get into port, the women are on me."

"Aye aye Cap'tn." His heavy voice growled. A massive grin across his face.

© 2014 Skadia Trazon


Author's Note

Skadia Trazon
I'm very open to feedback but do realize this was an exercise to just get me to write daily and expand on my skills.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on May 23, 2014
Last Updated on May 23, 2014
Tags: pirate, furry, anthro, cats, boat, ship, storm

Author

Skadia Trazon
Skadia Trazon

Chicago, IL



About
Lesbian erotic writer here. I love ladies and I adore the trouble they can get into with one another. more..

Writing