Cupcake the Friendly Hamster

Cupcake the Friendly Hamster

A Story by Persona
"

An Anecdote

"

When I was seven, I began a phase in my life where I had hamsters. My favourite was Cupcake. She was feisty and grumpy. Which is what I look for in everything; pets, friends…okay maybe not pencils.


I thought Cupcake was lonely so I went outside to fetch her a new friend. I lived in America at the time, so there were all sorts of small creatures hidden in the blades of grass. I found a green little frog. He looked nice and felt smooth to the touch. I picked him up and placed him opposite to her in the cage.


Cupcake really liked him - she grabbed him straight away. I thought, ‘yay she’s going for a hug!’ Instead, she bit his head off. Then, she started eagerly eating him. I scooped Cupcake up into my hands while she stuffed her face. I had to show someone. Unfortunately, my parents were eating dinner with their friends. Oblivious to the fact that they may not want to see a bloody half eaten frog with his guts out, I showed them. My parents told me, ‘We’re eating! Take it away.’ I didn’t understand what the problem was. I thought it was cool.

© 2014 Persona


Author's Note

Persona
What do you think? Honest opinions please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yikes! I feel bad for the frog :D Great job with the story!! :) :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is such a great story about how a 7 year old thinks. There are a few grammatical errors, but the narration is clear, concise, and straightforward. This is a great bit of flash writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Cynthia Ann Varady

9 Years Ago

In the first line of the second paragraph there is a quotation mark instead of a comma or semicolon... read more
Persona

9 Years Ago

Yeah, I don't know why but when you copy and paste from word that always happens.
Cynthia Ann Varady

9 Years Ago

Hidden formatting can be such a pain. Sometimes I have to copy and paste stuff into a text editor, w.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

410 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 3, 2014
Last Updated on July 3, 2014
Tags: humor, hamster, story

Author

Persona
Persona

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
I really appreciate people who review and will happily return the favour. Look at 'Make a Move' as I am primarily a story writer. I give honest reviews because I want to help people improve their w.. more..

Writing
Make a Move Make a Move

A Story by Persona


Protector Protector

A Poem by Persona