The past

The past

A Chapter by Skie blue.

Introduction
There's a city in the heart of Vaswer. A country known for their riches, for their manners, and for their calm serenity. All people knew their place in the country, and none spoke unless spoken too. A silent country.

There's a city in the heart. Called Dismon. The largest city in all of Vaswer. The Capital. Dismon's people are fair, none too wealthy, for all the riches go to the country first. Distributed evenly for all the people. Outsiders are welcomed, treated as though they belonged in Vaswer. But, there's always one secret that no one understands about this country.
A dark secret no one dares speak of. But it's a empty page in the history books. 
Except for a single paragraph. In that paragraph contained a sentence of importance. "The Monster war."
Long ago, there was a civil war. The people fought against a small rebelling group, it was crushed almost immediately, but the people weren't. They were banished to the uninhabitable swamps. But they never died off.
No, but they made a night used to be made for celebration a night for fear. 

The blood moon.

It's believed that the rebelling group were mutants, disgusting creatures fused with animal DNA. They were monsters. That every Blood Moon these monsters would crawl out of the murky depths of the swamps, coating in black water and roam across the city. Their jaws snapping around innocence. Howling in laughter at the screams. These are known to be the monsters.
Unpredictable, destructive, insane, unstoppable. The people of Vaswer dare not fight against these, disgusting creatures. But every year, the doors are quietly locked. The family huddled. The fires raging. And the windows slammed shut.
Because once a year, the blood moon comes. And once a year, the howls scream out in their endless delight. 


© 2014 Skie blue.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on October 28, 2014
Last Updated on October 28, 2014


Author

Skie blue.
Skie blue.

About
Hello everybody. Listen, I've gone through a pretty bad place over the last couple of weeks. I'm not going through detail but it's slowly getting better. So, I really am going to try to get on more fr.. more..

Writing